November 23, 2014 | 1135 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Keep Your Cool Pro-Longwear

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HOLY GRAIL brow shadow!! I was looking to replace a shadow I'd used for so long on my brows and it was disc'd so I was panicking. I went to Mac hoping I'd at least find a dark brown something that could work. I'd never really looked/tried the Pro Longwear shadows before but darn it if I didn't find the perfect shade in that range. In store I wasn't sure, it looked so dark and grey in the pan but when I got it home and tried it on my brows I was super-stoked - it's perfect for my brows! I have dark brown hair and always have trouble with brow products. But this is so fab. It's so smooth, so easy to apply. It's the perfect dark grey/brown with the tiniest hint of shimmmer that gives brows some life & dimension. Plus the formula means it stays on ALL day, I never have to worry anymore about whether my brows have faded off. Its also very pigmented so it will last me forever. It would work really well for black haired girls too. I'm so impressed with the Pro Longwears now. Thank you Mac!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by xbabe82517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this has become my new HG crease colour! I was previously using Bobbi Brown metallic shadow in After Hours but this was LE and I cannot find it anywhere now! It was running low and then I found it smashed up in my make-up bag, so I was on a mission to find my new crease colour! I stumbled across this when looking at the normal range of Mac shadows but I was blown away by the shade and the texture of this shadow. It is slightly cooler than Bobbi Brown's After Hours (which was a dark, slightly metallic plummy-brown) and definitely leans more grey. This shadow is a gorgeous taupe but doesn't have the plummy tones that After Hours had. However, none of that matters now that I've used this shadow! This shadow can literally be used as a crease colour with everything - and I mean everything! However, I can also see that it would look awesome all over the lid as well - I am dark-haired with hazel eyes, so I could probably carry this off, although it would only be for a night out when I want seriously vampy eyes! So far I have used it as a crease colour only and it has worn so well - much better than Bobbi Brown's did! Even when using UDPP, I would sometimes need to do a bit of re-blending in the middle of the day when using the Bobbi Brown shadow because the oils on my eyelids would darken the colour more than I like. This shadow does not migrate or change in any way all through the day! I will definitely repurchase this time and time again just for my crease colour. This line is also permanent so I never have to worry about finding that HG crease colour ever again as I imagine this range of shadows is very popular and unlikely to be discontinued any time soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

OMG, this is sooo sexy smoked out in the crease and wrapped under the eye with nothing, NOTHING on the lid (maybe a little clear gloss for a very sultry look)! I mean, it's HOT. Also I usually use MAC Brun e/s on my brows, but this makes a great alternative. And the best part? It's long wearing (claim's up to 8 hours but I get a longer wear out of it than that) and you don't need a base with this formula! I would describe this as a very cool, very dark brown with a matte (or maybe a satin) finish. It's only $5 more dollars than the regular MAC eyeshadows but you ger more than double the amount and a long wearing formula! WIN WIN!

For referance I'm an NC25-30 with dark brown, close to black hair & warm brown eyes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great stuff!

MAC Copperplate is one of my all-time favorite eyeshadows, and I've been looking all around for its deeper counterpart. I think Keep Your Cool may be it!

Keep Your Cool is either slightly brownish gray, or slightly grayish brown; for the life of me, I can't decide which! At any rate, Keep Your Cool is a wonderful deep, for-all-practical-purposes-matte neutral that is richly pigmented, luxuriously smooth, and perfect for a design that lets my bright green eye color take center stage. It's not going to turn a weird green, khaki, or blue on me, as some grayish shades may do.

Keep Your Cool is a Pro Longwear shade; it comes in a larger compact (about 2" in diameter) than the regular eyeshadow, and the price is accordingly higher, $20. However, given the high quantity *and* quality of the product, it's not a bad deal.

Best of all, unlike many of the best MAC shadows, Keep Your Cool is permanent!

I'll definitely buy this again, if and when I run out!

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.
continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Keep Your Cool is one of the new Pro-Longwear eyeshadows from MAC. It is a deep, neutral slightly browned grey with a terrific satin finish that is smooth and blendable and great pigmentation. This is one of those "workhorse" colours that can be used as a crease colour or an all over the lid colour with equal success. It's the sort of shadow that can easily go from "natural/no makeup look" to "work appropriate" to "dramatic smoky" with ease. I've been wearing this in my crease and outer lid with colours like Patina or Dalliance on the rest of my lid and the look is very elegant and not over-done. I'd read this colour was similar to Unflappable (from Mega-Metal/Peacocky), which I was kicking myself for not getting. Since I don't have it, I'm not sure just how close they are but I am so pleased with Keep Your Cool and plan to wear it a lot in the upcoming months.
These eyeshadows are permanent, which is great because I want to get a few more shades. They come in much larger pans than MAC's regular shadows and the price is slightly higher but they do represent good value. The larger pans mean that if you depot your shadows, they won't fit into MAC's standard palettes. But that is a small quibble when a product is this good!