Etude House AC Clinic Red Spot Balm

3.0

on 5/26/2013 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

it worked more effectively as a dark spot lightening cream to me than a "red spot treatment balm". i used this on my active pimples after my LUSH grease lightning dries up on my skin, and i find that it is not effective if i use it alone. my acne scars have faded big time (but not completely gone yet and ive used up the entire jar of this, i dont have many acne scars, so i conclude that one jar is not enough) but for a student like me who is able to buy beauty products using the limited allowance budget that she has, it's a bit too pricey for me, but i gotta admit, it lasted me ages! i found a cheaper alternative to this so im not gonna repurchase. but i loved my experience with it and i never regretted splurging on this baby. :)

on 4/22/2012 6:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought like 2 jars of this! :) It takes quite awhile to see results and it only has 20mL of product. I think it last me about 2-3 months and the smell is actually quite refreshing. It does help with the redness of my pimples but it takes quite a few days. It is not a spot treatment but it treats the redness. It has also helped me lessen the darkness of my red spots i.e. hyper-pigmentation, but it does not fully make them go away. I use this to prevent new hyper-pigmentation from forming and it does it's job. It does lighten up the old hyperpigmentaion but not enough where it will go away completely. It just lightens a little. Overall, I say this is a good product to prevent from future scarring! Just apply a light layer over your pimple and notice the redness begone! :)

on 4/8/2012 1:16:00 AM

Etude Houseís Red Spot Balm claims to help heal and soothes facial trouble spots, so I used it for that purpose. After starting on hormonal therapy for my acne, I hardly have breakouts now (knock on wood!) but the scars from prior breakouts are still very red and raw which made my skin look far worse than it really is, so I wanted something to reduce the redness. I got some samples of this red spot balm when I bought something from Etude House last year and I could only guess what it was for as there was no English instructions or descriptions.

Luckily, I guessed correctly and it worked for me. I only use it when my pimples have been popped and in the healing stage. Iíve tried using it as a pimple cream but it didnít work. On the contrary, it became worse as it couldnít pop and became a mass of red. If I use it religiously, the scars become a lighter shade of red after a week or so.

Red spot balm comes in a jar with a scraper to help get product out. I donít really like the packaging as the shape can make it quite difficult to scrap the product out and there can be product wastage. It is a balm texture which goes on easily but it can be unsuitable for day use for some as makeup might go on patchy. I usually only use it at night.

This is a product that requires patience. It does lighten scars but it takes weeks. The bigger and the darker the scar, the longer it takes to work. The container is pretty much ordinary, tiny, green, plastic tub if you buy the set.

on 9/8/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is supposed to treat the red marks left over after your pimple flattens out. It made me break out!! As the name implies, it is a balm, but when I rub it into my skin I can see oil from the product, and an oily sheen on my face. This worried me and sure enough, I broke out in red pimples, tiny whiteheads (which I never get) and tiny, unexplained bumps.

Popular Treatments (Face)