August 21, 2014 | 1507 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ulta - Super Blender Elliptical Sponge

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Wolfgirl21

I bought a knockoff of the real beauty blender at ulta and it was amazing. I used it damp for blending my makeup and it did such a great job of making my skin look flawless. But I went back this year and only found the Ulta version and it's awful. Too small and too dense. It also picked up most of my makeup. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by gingerneko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This 'dupe' of the beautyblender was priced right, so I figured I'd try it out in the name of economy. Well, in this case, you really do get what you pay for -- this sponge applicator is stiff, not at all kind to the skin when applying, and sucks in product like a black hole. If I used this consistently, I'd go through my face products twice as quickly!

I've since purchased a *real* BB. The difference is phenomenal. Ulta's ripoff of the BB isn't worth the $5 it cost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these blending sponges for both myself and my clients, and I think they do a great job without the steep price of a beauty blender. It is much stiffer, but I dont mind that at all, I find out that it lasts much longer than a beauty blender. If you are worried about the stiffness, it needs to be washed with soap and warm water a few times and it will soften up. After about the 6th or 7th use mine was super soft (but still with the firmness I like).

I use this wet when I apply my foundation and concealer. It blends my "foundation" like a dream. I use this daily with my BB cream, TM, or MAC Face and Body. After each use, I set in my shower soap dish, and the following morning, I was during my everyday shower routine. I usually use whatever liquid soap I have in my shower, currently Tone Mango Body wash and Trader Joe's Tea Tree body wash. I find that these body washes get ALL of the residue out of my sponge and does not break down the material of the sponge. These soaps also dont irritate the skin on my face...I will probably continue to purchase these soaps as they are inexpensive, and are awesome to use on my beauty blending sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a cosmetic sponge it makes a great cat toy. The foam is dense and unyielding and using it is like trying to put your foundation on with a tennis ball. It went in the trash. Lesson learned. I then shelled out the coin for a real Beauty Blender, which I am much, much happier with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I apply my concealer and foundation first, then I use this sponge to blend in. It work wonderfully, removing the excess makeup and leaving me with a very blended, flawless face! I admit the sponge is a bit hard, but I like it regardless!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at Ulta thinking I was saving money on something comparable to the Beauty Blender. I was wrong. It was a complete waste of five bucks. I found it sucks up my expensive MUFE Face & Body, leaving me with a just a little to apply to my face. Not to mention how hard the sponge is. It feels soft, but I found way too firm to use on my face. It'd make great cushions for my couch though. Final verdict - worst sponge I've ever used. It's been relegated to my craft bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these sponges! I got this to learn on basically! I ended up trying a few other brands but bought another one of these! I love em!! it makes my foundation go on so much smoother, I almost never use my foundation brushes anymore because of this little diddy!! great price, and after watching a guy on utube talk about them, I will def be sticking with this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the other reviewer said, this sponge soaks up more of the liquid foundation than it transfers onto the skin (even though it had been well-soaked in water before).
It doesn't work with Revlon Colorstay, for instance.
It's hard to get it clean after using.
I give it two lippies because it's ok for thick consistency concealers around the eye area. It might work with very thick cream foundations (which I don't use). Maybe that's why some makeup artists find it useful, for they are the masters of heavy foundations.
In most countries, this cheap sponge is imported from China by some retailer who prints its name on the packaging and charges sometimes a high price for it. Please watch gossmakeupartist's "WARNING!!!!"- video about the issue of the price / private labelling of these sponges.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by jossny80

Since I have acne and a tiny bit of scarring, I have always opted for a liquid foundation. I've gone through phases of different application techniques and wow - this is the best one by far. I just wet the sponge, squeeze the excess water out, dot the foundation on my face and blend. It works like magic! No more cakiness or build-up, everything looks smooth and flawless. I love that you can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. This is an awesome product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by DizzyNicky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I didn't want to shell out for a beauty blender and I saw reviews on YouTube that claimed they worked the same. When I wet the sponge it didn't soften like I thought it would, it remained stiff. I used it to apply my revlon colorstay liquid foundation and found that it was stiff and hard to use. It wiped away more foundation than it applied. It could be user error, but I prefer to apply my foundation with my Sigma F80, love that brush!