November 26, 2014 | 1715 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Ulta - Super Blender Elliptical Sponge

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by lotusxflowerxbomb

Idk why people are hating on this sponge, it works really well for me. I have never used a beauty blender before so I can't compare this or whatever but I really like it so far. It creates a more natural look it makes applying makeup really easy. I also like the way it feels on my skin haha :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never had a beauty blender but I know this is supposed to be a dupe. However, I don't use it for foundation; I use it for blending concealer around the inner corners and under my eyes. For that purpose, it works very well.

The pointed end is perfect for getting into the inner corners and up against the lash line. It blends the concealer seamlessly without wiping it off or absorbing an excess amount. The sponge is dense and soft enough to not scratch the skin.

This is a great sponge for blending small areas and a fraction of the price of the beauty blender. I'm happy with it, would and have bought it again (because it doesn't wash very well, so after awhile I just bought another to get back to having a "clean" one).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by RadioPrincess

This is Ulta's dupe for the beauty blender and it's definitely one of those "you get what you pay for" products. It's not a horrible product though I would bet that it can't beat the original beauty blender. This blender is smaller in size and has a darker shade of pink than the original. I find that the texture is thicker and a bit rougher than the original, however it is still soft and smooth. It soaks up water but the actual product does not swell up like the original.
I haven't noticed any color leakage but what I don't like about this product is the roughness of the application. It's like I'm hitting myself with it ): My foundation does look better when I use instead of a foundation brush though.
As of now- I would buy the original blender over this one but due to the fact that I like to use up my products before I buy- I'm keeping this one.

TLDR; This is a good dupe for the blender but not the best. It still gets the job done

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Wolfgirl21

I bought a knockoff of the real beauty blender at ulta and it was amazing. I used it damp for blending my makeup and it did such a great job of making my skin look flawless. But I went back this year and only found the Ulta version and it's awful. Too small and too dense. It also picked up most of my makeup. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by gingerneko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This 'dupe' of the beautyblender was priced right, so I figured I'd try it out in the name of economy. Well, in this case, you really do get what you pay for -- this sponge applicator is stiff, not at all kind to the skin when applying, and sucks in product like a black hole. If I used this consistently, I'd go through my face products twice as quickly!

I've since purchased a *real* BB. The difference is phenomenal. Ulta's ripoff of the BB isn't worth the $5 it cost.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these blending sponges for both myself and my clients, and I think they do a great job without the steep price of a beauty blender. It is much stiffer, but I dont mind that at all, I find out that it lasts much longer than a beauty blender. If you are worried about the stiffness, it needs to be washed with soap and warm water a few times and it will soften up. After about the 6th or 7th use mine was super soft (but still with the firmness I like).

I use this wet when I apply my foundation and concealer. It blends my "foundation" like a dream. I use this daily with my BB cream, TM, or MAC Face and Body. After each use, I set in my shower soap dish, and the following morning, I was during my everyday shower routine. I usually use whatever liquid soap I have in my shower, currently Tone Mango Body wash and Trader Joe's Tea Tree body wash. I find that these body washes get ALL of the residue out of my sponge and does not break down the material of the sponge. These soaps also dont irritate the skin on my face...I will probably continue to purchase these soaps as they are inexpensive, and are awesome to use on my beauty blending sponge.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a cosmetic sponge it makes a great cat toy. The foam is dense and unyielding and using it is like trying to put your foundation on with a tennis ball. It went in the trash. Lesson learned. I then shelled out the coin for a real Beauty Blender, which I am much, much happier with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I apply my concealer and foundation first, then I use this sponge to blend in. It work wonderfully, removing the excess makeup and leaving me with a very blended, flawless face! I admit the sponge is a bit hard, but I like it regardless!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at Ulta thinking I was saving money on something comparable to the Beauty Blender. I was wrong. It was a complete waste of five bucks. I found it sucks up my expensive MUFE Face & Body, leaving me with a just a little to apply to my face. Not to mention how hard the sponge is. It feels soft, but I found way too firm to use on my face. It'd make great cushions for my couch though. Final verdict - worst sponge I've ever used. It's been relegated to my craft bin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sadielovesmakeup06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like these sponges! I got this to learn on basically! I ended up trying a few other brands but bought another one of these! I love em!! it makes my foundation go on so much smoother, I almost never use my foundation brushes anymore because of this little diddy!! great price, and after watching a guy on utube talk about them, I will def be sticking with this!!