Coty Pulse EDP by Beyonce

2.9

on 6/22/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: A nice citrus top note with something that might be orchid that makes it different. The bottle holder is very pretty and unusual.

Con: Does not last long, especially considering I bought it as a name brand when I usually buy fragrances in knockoffs. Most of my knockoffs last three times as long as this does. I am very disappointed about that. Also there is minimal silage if that is important to you.

on 10/7/2014 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got the glitter body spray of & I also have another Beyoncé glitter spray (Heat, I think!), & these aren't very noticeable on the skin nor produce much of a scent. This was originally USD$7.99 on sale for $2.85 so idk what I was exactly expecting. But it wasn't something so diluted. The scent is undetectable as well as the glitter sadly :( glad I didn't pay anything near full retail!!! :/

on 6/20/2014 11:03:00 PM

I purchased from Amazon for $17 so I'm not out a lot of money. Its definitely a fresh citrusy scent perfect for warmer weather. Top notes seem to smell like orange pineapple pear. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the base notes are because the scent doesnt last at all, even on clothing. Disappointing. But $17 for a 3.4 oz, whatevs

on 6/12/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Pulse now, and I really like it! A light, soft, sweet, delicious summery gourmand.

Notes, per parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Frozen bergamot, Pear blossom, Blue curaçao
Heart Notes: Bluebird orchid, Jasmine, Peony
Base Notes: Precious woods, Madagascan vanilla, Musk

It's a "high" scent -- upper register -- light & cloud-like -- citrus-pear-vanilla -- kind of powdery, a little bit aquatic -- no worries about being overwhelming at all. A very nice soft light gourmand for summer weather.

Bottle design is very cool and interesting -- a tall clear columnar bottle (blue juice) inserted upside-down into a long tall silver cap, which comes up around the inverted bottle like silver petals.

I think Beyonce's original Heat perfume (which I also really like) is good for Fall/Winter -- Heat Rush (mango fruity) and Pulse are more suited to warm weather. There's also a Pulse Summer, but really no need for that -- orig Pulse is summery enough, I think.

Bought this off the clearance section at cvs for $9, Smells like musky powdered sugar with lemon zest. On my nose it smells similar to aquolina pink sugar sensual ( not a fan!)

on 9/23/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Citrusy with a heady.... vanilla? I don't know. But it is an ok smell though I don't personally like it. Got it as a gift. Maybe good for spritzing my sheets before storage. Actually I am not even sure how the smell might turn out later. I normally spritz Penhaligon's which turns into a clean sheet smell. Which I love sleeping on.

Pretty (spaceship) bottle though a little unbalanced.

I sample sprayed this on my wrist at target.Smells like a generic Sweet peony Victoria secret Body mist. Sillage is poor. Scent smell is a sweet warm fresh genre that quickly fades without even lasting a couple hours which all perfume are supposed to exceed. If the sillage and lasting power was decent i would have picked it up.

on 5/29/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Usually I like heavier, more oriental-type florals, but I have a weak spot for citrus scents as well, so I treated myself to this fragrance. I don't care for Beyonce's other fragrances, but the beauty advisors at Walgreens had just sprayed Pulse into the air when I walked in the door and I asked, in astonishment, "WHAT IS THAT?!! It smells wonderful!" Sold. Immediately. And it does smell wonderful, not just in the air but on my skin. Perfect for summer - citrus, slight florals, with an undertone of something just a touch aquatic. I'm picky about florals, even within the oriental realm (and acquatics in general), and Pulse has more floral tones than I would usually go for and is not even remotely oriental, but I LOVE this. My only quibble with it is it doesn't last worth a dang, but one can generally get it cheap with drugstore rewards, and I plan to get more really, really soon. This and Rihanna's Rebelle and Nude are the first new issues I've been excited about in years - Pulse is nothing like either one, but it's a fun change and a great, great warm-weather fragrance. Oh, and the packaging is nice too!

on 3/24/2013 8:46:00 PM

I will not be repurchasing. In fact, I returned this. I got it for 19.99 at marshalls and returned it the very next day. Very cheap smelling. The summer edition is even cheaper smelling. Beyonce Heat is wayy better than these craps. The bottle is beautiful tho.

on 12/14/2012 6:05:00 AM

I have Heat Rush (purple bottle) and it's 1000 times better smelling than this. This smelt so bad, I can't explain it, like some cheap knock-off perfume. My sister bought it for me and I gave it back to her, I didn't even want to keep it that's how much I couldn't stand it. The only nice thing about this perfume is the bottle..even though it holds the perfume upside down

Popular Fragrances