July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two of these - "Bit O'Honey" and "Pinkgo Biloba." These cream eye shadows come in a tube. They are fantastic alone but also serve as an excellent eye shadow primer. Powder shadows will adhere and last much longer when you use this product. I tend to reach for "Bit O'Honey" most. It's a great beige shade with shimmer. My eye makeup lasts all day without creasing or fading. Prefer this to Urban Primer Potion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have oily lids. I'm in my mid-40's, so for everyday, I am not comfortable using a regular lid primer (but for special occasions, I prefer the one by NARS), so I use a cream shadow as a base. I am afraid that using a lid primer will make my lids crepey, and I would really like to avoid that. My favorite cream eyeshadows to use as "primers" are MAC paint pot in Painterly and Bobbi Brown cream shadow in Bone. So I purchased Bit O' Honey, which is an off-white shimmer, for the same purpose, but to have another option. The color was neutral enough, though a tad too light, and I didn't love the shimmer, since I tend to wear matte neutrals on my lid. However, the reason I didn't like it, and decided to return it, is that I found that the lasting power of my shadow was no better than with no "primer"--3-4 hours at most.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

not a fan. there is better stuff out there thats more versatile than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This is great if I'm in a rush and don't want to do full-blown eye make-up for work. Very easy to swipe on and apply mascara = done. I have this in 3 shades: Seventh Heather, Sassy-fras and Currant Affair.

They are all nice, long lasting with very minimal creasing towards the end of the day. All of mine have a slight shimmer to them (not sure if any are matte - don't go to Clinique often). Also makes a great base for different looks (with either cream or powder shadows) and never irritates my eyes, or flakes into the eyes. Pigmentation is excellent and I only have to apply one layer. I love that it's in a tube not a pot - with pots, sometimes they get drier and more difficult to work with. With a tube it stays creamy and hasn't got hard/lumpy/flake-y yet.

It's a bit expensive for a single eyeshadow (just under $20US) - but the quality is good and mine has lasted almost a year. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by pumpkinoodles

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for an eye primer, and the Clinique consultant recommended Bit-O-Honey. It works great! For the first time in years, my shadows have stayed vivid until I leave work. I'm a teacher, and I didn't have to touch up for open house. I will say that I've used it on its own, and it fades like any other shadow. The secret is to "prime" with a tiny layer, let it dry, and add a little more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a nice cream eyeshadow, one of the better ones that I've tried. I own a Lid Smoothie in 02 Cashew Later, which is a very beautiful, nude neutral. This is the one I'm reviewing.
The color of the shadow is not uncommon, but it's still very flattering; it is a nude color, a light, beige skin tone shade. It looks pretty matte in its tube, but in reality, it's a lot more on the reflective side. Someone below mentioned that it's rather frosty-looking; I agree with that statement, because it does have a frosty finish. If you really look at it, you can see that it does even have a blue undertone.
Applying it isn't difficult; I like to squeeze a little bit out on my finger and use a finger to blend it into my eyelid. It makes a great eyelid shade, and can even do a one-tone eyeshadow look. I don't think I need a brush with this. The color is buildable; it can go from being a sheer, barely-visible shadow to very concentrated, so you get a lot of flexibility there. What is interesting is that this shadow dries to a velvety-feeling consistency, and it feels very silky. Lid Smoothie is very pigmented, and stays true to the color you see in the tube, which is great.
The staying power claims to be 8 hours; Lid Smoothie lasted for a lot more than 8 hours for me, with an eye primer. The longevity is great, I had no issues with creasing or flaking, which is awesome. The consistency is just right, imo; it's definitely not as thick or thin as some other cream shadows that I've tried, making blending this quite easy. It does a take a few seconds to fully dry, but it's pretty forgiving and won't crease once you apply it.
Overall, I really liked this eyeshadow; the only reason I gave it 4 lipsticks out of 5 is because it's not anything totally new or different- it's a cream eyeshadow. However, it is definitely a great one, and Cashew Later is a beautiful nude that, I think, is one of those colors that everybody should own. Lid Smoothies sell for about $19.50, and it is a small tube that you get, so it may not be the best value money-wise. However, I think that it's worth the splurge- I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great cream eyeshadow! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't say this is my favourite, but it's definitely easy enough to use on days when I just don't want to spend that much time on my eye makeup. After all lot of the shades end up looking quite natural so they go well with my every day no-fuss makeup routine.

The packaging/applicator is a bit awkward and I always end up using my fingers instead. I don't use it in a way that would make the colour pop on my eyelids, therefore it's hard to tell how long does it last. I feel like my usual light coverage can take a day out shopping without ending up under my eyes (which is, I guess, the plus of creamy eye shadows).

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by tarls

I did a swatch of Clinique Lid Smoothie, and a swatch of Covergirl's Intense Shadow blast, on my hand. The Clinique lid smoothie didn't last the hour, the Covergirl was still going seriously strong at the end of the day, with no smudging or loss of color. Suprised that the cheaper covergirl version was clearly way better value than clinique

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by LeNatalie

I own 2 of these; #1 Bit O' Honey and #2 Cashew Later. They are both neutral and shimmery, which I love. When you first put this on, there's a slight tingle that makes your eyelids feel nice and fresh. There is not too much color payoff, it's very natural. I originally bought this to use as a base for my eyeshadow and it did not work well that way, after 4 hours there was creasing and it only got worse after that. So, not exactly 8 hour wear as it promises.

But! I do LOVE using this product as a cream highlighter for my face. I have a skin allergy to fragrance, and this is fragrance free so it's perfect. It blends easily and complements my pink/peach blushers :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did have several of these--but after my big cosmetic clean-out, I repurchased only one--Cashew Later. The other light colors were too frosty, and though I kind of liked the wash effect of a couple of the mid-tones, I wasn't tempted to get them again. The darkest colors didn't work for me at all--just looked sort of dirty. I got Cashew Later again to use solely on its own when all I want is a fresh-looking, brightened and evened out lid, with no color or contouring. I add liner and mascara and am done. With dramatic liner it is kind of a Marilyn Monroe effect and can be very pretty. For some reason, maybe my age, I can't achieve the same effect with a comparable powdered eyeshadow--maybe because it is hard to find exactly the right shimmer, and mattes can look chalky. Probably a highlighter pen would do something similar, but this product amps up the glow and is an incredibly flattering color on me, and doesn't crease on me (lids not oily anymore) so why not?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No