Coty Super G by Harajuku Lovers

3.3

on 11/3/2013 12:36:00 AM

This was a blind buy and i have to say im disappointed. It smells cheap and it burns my nostrils. Not fruity and juicy like i expected it to be. Thankfully the bottle is super cute.

on 5/21/2012 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first whiff of this reminded me of a passionfruit fruits basket, but came to MUA and found out it was actually bananas! Intriguing, to say the least. I can detect plenty of fruity notes and this is perfect to wear in summer. Teens to women in the their twenties can pull this off well. <3 This was a gift from my sister and we loved the packaging, the 'Super G' phrase is an in-joke between us. :)

I got this on sale at TJ Maxx for 20 bucks. I had smelled it at sephora and liked it but not enough to spend the amount they were asking for it. When I first bought it I kept thinking it smelled like peaches. Then I read the review on here and realized that it was actually bananas I was smelling. Smells good, very fruity. It is quite sweet.

on 8/17/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

There's not really much to say for this; SUPER G is pure fruit from top to base, I can't detect any florals at all. On me the pineapple, banana and raspberry notes are the most noticeable scent notes used. I would have loved to be able to have picked up the florals, or even the musk, to mix things up a bit.

Official scent notes: pineapple, tangerine, freesia, banana juice, vanilla, musk and raspberry.

It's not particularly 'bad' smelling and it's certainly not a 'wipe it off' fragrance and it gets extra points as the banana note is a new one in perfume for me. But, bananas aside, there is nothing special enough here to make me re-buy. As with most fruit heavy florals, the staying power isn't anything amazing; about four hours, maximum. In summary: SUPER G is an easy to wear, daytime perfume, best suited to spring/summer as it is light and fruity.

The main selling point to SUPER G is, without a doubt, the bottle; how can you resist it? I don't regret buying my bottle as just glancing at it makes me smile. But yeah, overall this is definitely a case of style over substance.

Popular Fragrances