September 17, 2014 | 2136 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Rich Color Eye Shadow in Rich Kashmir

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

I bought 2 of these new eyeshadows (2011 Fall Collection in Nordstrom), Sand Dune & Rich Kashmir. I am very disappointed in both, but especially with Sand Dune. (See my review for Sand Dune.) Rich Kashmir is a light-med., silvered-taupe with a satin finish. Looks lovely in the pan, but the trick is... trying to get it to show up on your skin. This one has better color payoff for me than Sand Dune, but is still not up to Bobbi's usual, high-quality eyeshadows which have superior pigmentation... at least IMO. I have to pat this one on a LOT before I see any color. I feel like this is a typical, Estee Lauder Pure Color eyeshadow (which I have had no luck with) at a Bobbi Brown price. I paid about $24 each for these, and they are *not* worth the exorbitant price! The original, $20 Bobbi Brown eyeshadows are MUCH better! If you are in need of a poorly pigmented, silvery-taupe eyeshadow, you might want to look in the Clinique line and save yourself about $10. (Lauder's Pure Colors cost about $20 ea. now, too, and are soooo not worth it IMO.) I hope this is a LE Collection by Bobbi Brown and she doesn't switch to this eyeshadow formula permanently... because she will have definitely lost this unsatisfied customer.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No