April 21, 2014 | 1508 users online

Treatments - L'Oreal - Hair Expertise Total Repair Replenishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossom14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful! One jar lasted me about 2 months, I wash my hair every 2-3 days. The smell is heavenly and the consistency is pretty thick, but I like it that way. Packaging is easy for me to seal in the shower. Saw this product at Walmart for about $3-$4 and opened it up, smelled it, and instantly thought that this was the creamiest mask I've ever seen. It's pretty hydrating and for the price you can't go wrong. I have long, black, wavy and in some parts straight hair. I've fried it with heat tools for over 4 years and this product made my hair feel soft and shiny again. The only con is that my hair is becoming immune to this product because I've been using it so often.

Recently just bought another jar of this stuff! Tried out another mask and it didn't work out as I'd hoped, so I came back to this one. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I have fine, bleached hair and this product makes my hair look as healthy and shiny as virgin hair! Leaves my hair soft and smooth, and doesn't weigh it down. Only thing they could improve on is the design of the lid, as it's a little hard to twist open with wet hands, but this does not bother me enough to take off a lippie. All in all, a great hair mask for those with fine, colored or bleached hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Megbatch

To start, I have long, fine, blonde hair. It gets oily quickly, but I have dry damaged ends. Recently I chopped off a few inches and have since been trying to keep my hair damage free.

I bought this because I really liked the conditioner. It was in my moms bathroom and I tried it a few times before realizing how deeply it moisturized; nothing else worked as well. Only problem is that I HATE HATE HATE the smell.. And it made my hair a bit too oily.

To solve this problem, I bought new shampoo and conditioner, as well as this mask. I still hate the smell.. But I only use it on my ends so it's not so bad. I use it 2/3 times a week and it really leaves my hair silky soft. Also, best thing to use after using a clarifying shampoo. I clarify with Matrix and then throw this on my ends. I gave it 4 lippies because I really do hate the smell.. But nothing else has felt so light on my hair and yet moisturized so deeply. Well done L'Oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by bootyliciousbaby

This makes my long chemically treated hair so baby soft, conditioned replenished after shampoo. It is a staple in my regimen and I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by seekingsolutions

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It appears I am the first dissenter...I used this product after an Aphogee protein 2-minute re-constructor treatment (which I have used before with 0 issues) in order to rehydrate my hair and it (Total Repair 5) was a total waste of time...for the record, I have fine, dry, super-frizzy curly hair, long, and very hard water...and this just made my hair feel - and look - like it was limp and dirty. Couldn't tell I had washed it.

Pros: Helped with good curl formation. (But then, so does Aphogee).
Cheap.
Available everywhere.
Cons: Packed with silicone and chemicals. Not really "repairing".
Tub is wide and it's hard to open in the shower.
OVERWHELMING, lingering "old-lady" floral smell.
Makes hair appear dirty. Waxy feeling to hair.
This one goes in the garbage - not even worth keeping in the product graveyard...wouldn't even give it to a friend with different hair type to try!
EDIT: L'Oreal tests on animals. Never buying a L'Oreal product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by imgoneatchu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for almost a year now and I have to say, it is outstanding. I have frizzy hair that is extremely hard to tame because it tangles so easily. I also straighten my hair a lot so I get split ends a lot and my hair was starting to look dead. My friend recommended this treatment so I decided to give it a try. It made my hair softer, brighter, less frizzy, and just overall amazing. It was really cheap about 4 dollars and one containers lasts me for 4 months. I used it as a replacement for conditioner and it didn't leave my hair greasy at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by alisonst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love this mask. I use curling irons on my hair allll the time so I need something to moisturize it and give it shine. I usually put it on once a week (or more if my hair looks super dry) and leave it in for a few hours before I rinse it out and it really works! My hair feels soooo silky and moisturized, soft and no build up! This stuff goes on sale on the time so I've never had to pay full price for it which only makes me love it more. I will deffinitely buy again, and recommend for anyone with dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

My hair has really taken a beating this summer, between sun exposure, frequent swimming and a heat wave. I bought this with the hope that it could repair the damage and restore shine to my hair, and it delivers! The instructions are to leave it in for a minute or two - not the usual 20 minutes most masks need to work - which is great if you're time-challenged like me. This is apparently a new product and I will definitely repurchase - it works much better than some expensive products I've bought at salons.