July 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Eyeliner - Too Faced - Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

I received a deluxe sample of this eyeliner as a GWP from a Sephora inside a JC Penney's -- I think they were having a promotion on Too Faced items. The positives are that it is super creamy, super black and stays affixed on my lashline without migrating underneath my eyes. The big negative, as so many other reviews have mentioned, is that it somehow makes its way into my eyes and makes my contact lenses (I wear RGPs) super blurry! What's weird is that usually when this happens, I take out my contact lenses and can see traces of the eyeliner on the lens itself. With this eyeliner, there is no eyeliner on the lens but rather a kind of blurry film. I'm giving it two stars for the color and texture, but I would advise everyone who wears contact lenses to avoid this one. It may be waterproof in that it won't make you look all smeary, but it WILL make everything you look at appear smeary.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Cemeterycigs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product so much I always use it in my waterline and it stays all day it goes on very smooth and is well pigmented I've used this for almost a year now and can't find anything comparable to it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product fails to do what it claims. It is definitely not waterproof and smudges like it's nobody's business. I would definitely not rely on this for line precision or staying power. But since I paid almost $20 for this, I've had to adapt and find ways to use it. I find that it works well as a smoky eye base if you smudge it with an eyeshadow. That being said, I'd definitely forego a second purchase because it just isn't that great of a product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This eyeliner is so frustrating. I sharpen it, line one eye, and it needs to be sharpened AGAIN. Otherwise it goes on way too thick. An eyeliner that goes flat almost instantly on contact is a waste of time. I am definitely not repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by denisekwan

As others have mentioned, although this eye liner has amazing smudgefree staying power once it has set, I too wear contacts and have experienced the weird blurry/oily patch that develops on my lenses when I used this eyeliner. I didn't want to believe it was the case and ended up wasting two new pairs of contacts because I wanted to love this eyeliner so badly. I will definitely wear this eyeliner on days when I am wearing glasses or something, but contact lens wearers you have been warned!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by gigiproductions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this liner..Cannot say it enough. IIt is SUPER dark ,has staying power and glides on like a dream. I have gone thru about 4 of these and I love the end of it because as a person who wears falsies a lot I tend to use that side if my lash starts coming off..I put some glue at the end of it and fix my lash. I know I am crazy but hey it works. Love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Sophie974

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a too faced eyeliner with the return of sexy palette . It arrived broken , but hmm I gave him another chance . I sharpened it and it was worst... I can't use it ,it fell everytime...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ladyvic75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the black one with my sexy pallette and immediately fell in love with it and bought another one in Peacock. LOVE them! Let me tell you why. I have really oily eyelids that I usually only wear waterproof liquid liners on top of an eye primer, at best. Forget about tightlining and waterlines as nothing works, leaving me looking like a panda. Even gel ones dont work for me. Until I tried this. Texture: soft and creamy . Application is so smooth you can hardly believe it! However, the pencil tends to blunt out fast and it needs to be sharpened after every other application. Colour: excellent colour payoff. The blackest black and gorgeous dark teal/green with the Peacock. Staying power: lasted me the whole day...WITHOUT smudging! *gasp*. Upon application, its possible to smudge it carefully and quickly to dull out the harsh line (I use the rubber tip at the end of the pencil) and then it stayed forever there. Ive given up on tighlining and waterlining, so I didnt test it there. Also I must stress out that I nvr go without my UD eye primer. Comparing between the black and peacock, I thk the latter is better at staying power as it lasted the whole day for me (roughly from 7am to 9pm). So worth every cent the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by typocinnamongrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a HUGE fan of Too Faced shadows and I got this with the the Return of Sexy palette. I stopped using pencil liners for my upper lash line awhile ago and moved to gel liners. I was curious to see if a high end pencil would have less issues with smudging/smearing. Nope! In fact this one was probably one of the messier pencil liners I've used. You would think that it would be less of a problem because it's waterproof which is strange, but oh well! I'm not super disappointed because it came with the set, but I would never purchase it otherwise.

The tip of the liner dulls very quickly and it constantly needs to be sharpened. It's difficult to get a sharp line and almost impossible to create a nice winged look or cat eye. It's also difficult to control the thickness of the line. However it's pretty good for tight-lining and using in the waterline. It sticks very well and has a creamy texture. Once you mess up it's hard salvage because it does dry pretty quickly. I noticed the smudging mainly on the outer corners of my eyes. The smudging isn't TERRIBLE, but it's noticeable within a couple hours and I didn't get better results with it than I have with any other pencil liner. I actually needed a new pencil for my waterline anyhow, so I'll definitely use it up. At $18 it's too much to spend for what I'll be able to use it for. I'll be sticking to my L'oreal Infallible Gel liner for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this eyeliner but it's terrible. At first it was amazing but once it needed sharpening I could never use it again. I'm not sure how to describe it but the eyeliner is loose in the pencil. I can only imagine it melted and softened just enough that it doesn't fill the wood of the pencil anymore. Because of this I can't actually sharpen it (it's definitely not my sharpener, that does everything else just fine) and so it goes on too thick.

Ditto on the contact lens issue, too.

Total waste of money, I'll stick with liquid eyeliner in the future.