Davines No. 14 Sea Salt Primer for Wizards

4.9

Water, magnesium sulfate, sodium chloride, propanediol, sea salt, polysorbate 20, potassium sorbate, citric acid, methylisothiazolinone, silica, fragrance

on 3/1/2015 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I think this is now called "This is a Sea Salt Spray" with slightly different packaging. It's my absolute HG styling product for my baby fine, long, straight hair. It smells delicious (a hint of sweet vanilla), is light enough that it gives my hair some grip and texture without weighing it down in the slightest, and is relatively inexpensive (compare this to Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray). Using this spray gives my hair a volume boost and keeps it shiny and touchable. And again, it smells soooo good.

After I wash my hair, I towel dry it until damp, then starting on one side of my head, make a part right over my ear and spray the product in my roots. I keep parting my hair and spraying the roots every 2 inches or so going across my head, then run my fingers through my damp hair to distribute the product. Then I fluff up the roots and sleep with my hair spread out over my pillow so it doesn't get flattened to my head overnight. In the morning, I wake up with volume and body that lasts all day.

Unlike other volumizing sprays I've tried, this product is extremely forgiving. It's hard to overdo it. If I put too much in, my hair might feel a little stiff, but it's never hard or crunchy. It's also a good spray to get some extra hold when you curl your hair. I love this product so much, and a single bottle lasts forever too.

on 1/7/2015 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going on my second bottle of this after my stylist introduced me to it. This sea salt spray gives the perfect amount of grip to my fine hair, and it's basically impossible to overdo - I can apply quite a bit depending on how much texture I want and my hair never gets crunchy or dry. I still love Bumble and Bumble's Surf Spray but this is a great alternative if you want something to keep your hair silky while still giving it some texture.

on 6/5/2014 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

New favorite beach spray! This is now called This Is A Sea Salt Spray, but it's the same product I think. I love this because it's less drying and salty than Bumble's, but not as a oily as Philip B's. This is a nice balance between dry texture, volume and soft waves without any crunch or residue left. I can use a lot of this and my fine hair stays clean - important! Plus, the sweet scent and the golden bottle are absolutely to die for. Will never need another beach product.

on 3/3/2014 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this product has been discontinued but I assume the new sea salt spray is basically the same. Of course, the word "wizards" is part of what made me want this product in the first place. It's a good pick-me-up when my hair has gotten a little flat; on second-day hair it gives a kind of artfully disheveled look. Finish is indeed matte, and too much makes your hair a bit dry.

on 10/14/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Best salt spray hands down. Delivers a fine mist that never oversaturates hair, and it has the unique effect of adding volume without making hair crunchy or staticky after blowdrying and styling. This is also a great leave in prep for hair that tends to be too slippery to hold any style or curl - it helps to give hair grip and matte texture. It also has a very clean sweet/herbal scent. Well worth the $25+ price tag as one bottle lasts at least 3-4 months with daily use.

on 1/12/2012 1:02:00 AM

This is a must for the 'beach-y wave' look. Its amazing stuff. If anything, I use it because it smells SOOOO good.

on 7/30/2011 5:14:00 PM

I spray this lightly following Davines Dede leave in spray conditioner for fine hair. This sea salt spray (for wizards ;-) provides just the right amount of hold to my naturally fine but a lot of 2A curly/ wavy hair. The combination with the leave in conditioner leaves my hair soft and shiny, stands up to record 104 degree temperatures and humidity. This performs better than gel, not sticky. Too much and it gets dry but not crunchy. Magnesium sulfate helps with curl formation but some curlies may not like that ingredient. It's pricey at $26 for 8.45 oz plain gray spray bottle. You only need a couple sprays. It's a light mist and covers well.

Popular Styling Products