August 1, 2014 | 1836 users online

Bronzers - Bobbi Brown - Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Aruba

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I got this very randomly but i love it! I have been tanning a lot recently so number 128 in mufe hd foundation/nc40 are my best matches and sometimes when im so tanned i dont want to on top over do the bronzer...in this harsh winter uk light it just isnt flattering and will make me look awful and too muddy to put any type of ''full bronzer'' on. By ''full bronzer'' i mean the normal standard bronzers, this to me is a ''light'' version of a bronzer. It gives subtle colour (golden) with shimmer that leaves a beautiful glow and sheen. What i love about subtle bronzers (and theyre not as easy to find as you'd first think!) is that you can layer and layer IF YOU WANT. You dont need to be super careful applying it, like most bronzers. I love it x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shwinky

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this bronzer!! It's one of those products where swatching will just not do, you need to apply it and see how nice of a glow it gives to the skin! It's this sandy butterscotch shade, with golden flecks running through it..there isn't any orange in this bronzer..I find myself using it all over my face when I want that perfect, sun kissed beachy glow! And it's not orange/tin like ..that is why I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by BlondeKat

I love this bronzer. One of the best I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a fan of shimmery bronzers but I like this for the all over glow. If you do not like the matte finish that foundation gives you, you can put this all over your cheeks and it makes your skin look pretty. You can just use this without any blush or highlighter. The packaging is very sturdy and has a large mirror in handy. This powder is compactly dense, so you don't have to worry about getting powder everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Being fair I have a hard time finding bronzers to suit me however, this is gorgeous! There is some shimmer in this but, I don't mind that as I didn't want a matte bronzer. Apart from Antigua this is probably the palest colour in the line and I have used this a lot over the summer and it hasn't made a mark so this is going to last me a long time. For me this just gives a really pretty sheen on my skin and subtle bronzing. Love it!
Also would recommend getting Bobbi's bronzer brush gives the perfect application and its the softest brush ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my bronzer of life. I am NC20ish w/yellow undertones & this is a light golden bronze - just as advertised. I've read that some people find it too sparkly, but I just don't see that at all. I'm not a sparkle fan - not by a long shot - but I don't like matte bronzers either. This one gives a lovley, suble golden glow - no sparkles on me whatsoever. It's foolproof because it is so sheer/natural-looking, that you'd have to layer the hell out of it for it to be too dark. This is what I *thought* the Ed Bess Daydream would be like. Unfortunately, on me, Eddy's effort looked like matte dirt, no matter how I applied it & no matter what brush I used.

In addition, Aruba will last a lifetime because I've used it for a month - every day - and it still looks retail-new. However, should I need another one, in my next lifetime, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, because this is a bronzer that I'll be using all year long for a healthy, glowy, pretty face :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by margiemoo

I'm fair, Asian with yellow tones (obviously) and this is perfect for me. I normally use Stila's sun powder in 1 but I found that while it looked great initially, the product tended to oxidise and turn a reddish colour on me (this is after perhaps after a year of opening the compact - I don't wear much makeup nor do I wear it often). So I decided to switch to something that would complement my skin tone rather than fight it. I bought this sight unseen and I am so glad I took that leap of faith. It is as the website describes it, a light golden bronze with subtle shimmers. I know a previous reviewer disagrees and I should probably add, I am quite a big fan of shimmer and I do not have any concerns regarding my pores or the texture of my skin. I can see why it might exacerbate existing skin issues but it wasn't so in my case. To give you an idea of the shimmer, it's much smaller than the particles in Nars sparkling pressed powder and nowhere as dense as the shimmer bricks. I also appreciate that it is completely fool-proof because it is quite sheer. I can build up layers of colour without looking cakey or artificial, I just want to add some natural colour to my complexion which can sometimes look a little sallow. I get alot of compliments wearing this, everyone thinks I look healthier and more 'alive' though if I wanted a deeper bronze I think I'd go for Bali Brown.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by alicebignami

I was looking for a bronzing powder with subtle shimmer for my fair skin and after trying a pinkish shade like Antigua and loving it I wanted to try a golden shade like Aruba as well. Unfortunately the shimmer in Aruba is not as subtle as the shimmer in Antigua and if you wear it during the day it may look rather glittery if you are not careful when you apply it. It may make a nice bronzer for the evening though. It is a shame I cannot pull it off easily during the day because in fact the shade is beautiful and fool proof for fair skins. I could probably wear it during the day only on my cheeks with a matt blusher to illuminate it.

Edit: I tried to apply the bronzer with a lighter hand and the result was much better.