September 2, 2014 | 890 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fab bronzer. The range isn't too dark so I actually just use this to warm up my foundation in summer months when my skin is a little darker. I went for shade #4 and it's not overly dark on my fair/medium skin. Definitely test it in store. I couldn't see much difference between #1-4 but I was told #3 was more pink than the others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

FINALLY! Found my perfect HG bronzer. This is a soft easy to apply matte bronzer ( I got #02) that goes on easily, never overdoes itself, tones down my redness and looks natural. No glitter or shine, just a soft refined barely tanned look. I'm fair with freckles & a bit of redness from age & rosacea in my center third plus cheeks.

I've kept using a Rimmel (027 Sundance) for years but its tricky to apply without going overboard and getting all orange. A touch too much and its Oompa Loompa territory so firmly staked out by Snooki etc. I tried more expensive ones, with the same issues so I thought, why pay more? Till now!

I gave this a 2 week trial then went back & bought 2 more compacts just in case I run out. DH & I have a cruise booked in January, and what if they decided to not stock it for winter, or worse yet, discontinued it just when I found my perfect bronzer!!!!

The Body Shop had a sale so my next 2 cost only 5$ more than the first one. Its reasonable. Approximately 26$ Canadian including taxes. For 2!

The compact is gorgeous. Slim but sturdy in a bronze compact with a good size mirror, it holds a lot of powder. I use a brush so the lack of applicator should mean more product. An embossed honeycomb pattern in the powder surface is echoed in a faint honeycomb reflective pattern on the case. Very pretty.

I will report later how well the amount given in the compact lasts in daily use over the summer. Lastly the size of bronzer compacts has been getting way out of hand with many companies handing out cartwheels instead of a small purse friendly compact. Thankfully The Body Shop didn't go big and clumsy and created a smaller compact with what seems to me to be plenty of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by jleana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this in shade 03 but after realising It was too light to use as a bronzer (I'm NC42) I decided to try it as an all over face powder, and I'm so happy I did! It gives my skin a beautiful glow, no muddiness and leaves skin matte but not cakey! I paid around $26NZD for this, more than I usually would for a product such a this but will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 8:38:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I'm not too big on bronzer, but I really wanted one that wasn't too dark or orangey. The main reason I love this line of bronzers is that it comes in three shades. I got the medium shade, which just barely shows up on my skin, and I like that because dramatic contour isn't my thing. It's also matte, which is a must for any bronzer I use. It's easy to blend and is just fantastic. Best bronzer ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this. I only got this a few days ago, the reason I got it was as I had a body shop voucher to use up.
I am so glad I chose this , the packaging is neat and classic and there is a handy mirror inside the compact.
I went for shade 01 which is wonderful for pale skins like mine. It adds a lovely light bronze colour to the skin , definitely not a fake orange.
It seems to last reasonably well too and compared to other more expensive bronzers a I have tried it is good value for money.
Definitely recommend this to pale skinned girls and it's a definite keeper for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by purplelili

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was never a big fan of bronzers till I met my lovely honey bronzer from Bodyshop!
First of all, having a fair skin type, I went for the lightest shade. It is so perfect for contouring my cheekbones, it looks very light, natural and matte. The packaging is so lovely, I will def repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best bronzer I have ever used, and probably will ever use.

My problem is simple: I'm extremely fair-skinned. Your everyday drugstore bronzer makes me look like a muddy orange monster with a creepy shimmer. I only learned this, sadly, after I graduated high school and saw my yearbook picture...yikes.

But to my fair skinned sisters in danger of making the same mistakes, please try the Body Shop's Honey Bronzing Powder first.

Pros:
- It's a bronzer that actually comes in different shades, one of which is tailored to people with fair skin (helpful hint: it's the lighter one).
- It's matte, which I like because it gives a more natural colour as opposed to those shimmery abominations on the market today.
- Not orange! I would say the colour is cooler than most bronzers on the market today, which makes it ideal for contouring as well (if you're skilled at the sort of thing, whereas I am not).
- Like all products from The Body Shop, you can rely on the ingredients being high-quality, which in my opinion justifies the price.

Cons:
- I suppose if I had a better eye for colour I could find a dupe of the shade in a regular drugstore pressed powder for a fraction of the price, but I personally prefer the quality I'm getting from The Body Shop.

I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by KatesOpinion

I've just bought this bronzer in the shade 01 a few days ago, but I have to say, it became my favourite bronzer immediately.

I am quite pale and tried a couple other bronzers before (NYC Sunny, Elf), but those just made me look like I had a mud bath. I looked just horrific. This bronzer is a must have for pale people. So easy to work with, completely matte, contouring with this becomes a breeze. The packaging is quite nice as well.

Overall I'm really satisfied with this product, it definitely stands up to its hype and I would repurchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is my HG bronzer (I have it in '01'). I am super fair with a pretty neutral skin tone. I have freckles and naturally brown/red hair. It's really hard for someone with my coloring to wear bronzer in my opinion, I find it often looks like dirt on me. However, this product is very subtle and not orange on me. Everyone loves the NYC Sunny bronzer, well, that honestly looks terrible on me. This The Body Shop bronzer is matte as well, and very pigmented so you're not having to pack a ton of product on. So, while it is very pigmented it's a very light colored bronzer. Perfect for the fairest of fair people. I tried the color '03' first and my boyfriend said, verbatim, "You have something orange on your cheek...'
So definitely test the bronzer in the store before you buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and look like a corpse if I don't use some sort of bronzer, but most bronzers just look ridiculous with my skin--they're either too dark, too shimmery, too warm-toned, etc. However, this bronzer is very matte, and its lightest shade is perfect for me because it lends the subtlest rose-gold glow to my skin, rather than streaking my face orange or brown. The packaging is a compact that stays securely closed, and the product does not have much fallout at all. The bronzer also comes in several shades.

Bottom line--PALE PEOPLE: Please try this bronzer!!