Bought this in shade 03 but after realising It was too light to use as a bronzer (I'm NC42) I decided to try it as an all over face powder, and I'm so happy I did! It gives my skin a beautiful glow, no muddiness and leaves skin matte but not cakey! I paid around $26NZD for this, more than I usually would for a product such a this but will definitely be repurchasing.
I'm not too big on bronzer, but I really wanted one that wasn't too dark or orangey. The main reason I love this line of bronzers is that it comes in three shades. I got the medium shade, which just barely shows up on my skin, and I like that because dramatic contour isn't my thing. It's also matte, which is a must for any bronzer I use. It's easy to blend and is just fantastic. Best bronzer ever!
Absolutely love this. I only got this a few days ago, the reason I got it was as I had a body shop voucher to use up.
I am so glad I chose this , the packaging is neat and classic and there is a handy mirror inside the compact.
I went for shade 01 which is wonderful for pale skins like mine. It adds a lovely light bronze colour to the skin , definitely not a fake orange.
It seems to last reasonably well too and compared to other more expensive bronzers a I have tried it is good value for money.
Definitely recommend this to pale skinned girls and it's a definite keeper for me.
I was never a big fan of bronzers till I met my lovely honey bronzer from Bodyshop!
First of all, having a fair skin type, I went for the lightest shade. It is so perfect for contouring my cheekbones, it looks very light, natural and matte. The packaging is so lovely, I will def repurchase it again!
This is by far the best bronzer I have ever used, and probably will ever use.
My problem is simple: I'm extremely fair-skinned. Your everyday drugstore bronzer makes me look like a muddy orange monster with a creepy shimmer. I only learned this, sadly, after I graduated high school and saw my yearbook picture...yikes.
But to my fair skinned sisters in danger of making the same mistakes, please try the Body Shop's Honey Bronzing Powder first.
- It's a bronzer that actually comes in different shades, one of which is tailored to people with fair skin (helpful hint: it's the lighter one).
- It's matte, which I like because it gives a more natural colour as opposed to those shimmery abominations on the market today.
- Not orange! I would say the colour is cooler than most bronzers on the market today, which makes it ideal for contouring as well (if you're skilled at the sort of thing, whereas I am not).
- Like all products from The Body Shop, you can rely on the ingredients being high-quality, which in my opinion justifies the price.
- I suppose if I had a better eye for colour I could find a dupe of the shade in a regular drugstore pressed powder for a fraction of the price, but I personally prefer the quality I'm getting from The Body Shop.
I definitely recommend.
I've just bought this bronzer in the shade 01 a few days ago, but I have to say, it became my favourite bronzer immediately.
I am quite pale and tried a couple other bronzers before (NYC Sunny, Elf), but those just made me look like I had a mud bath. I looked just horrific. This bronzer is a must have for pale people. So easy to work with, completely matte, contouring with this becomes a breeze. The packaging is quite nice as well.
Overall I'm really satisfied with this product, it definitely stands up to its hype and I would repurchase it again.
I think this is my HG bronzer (I have it in '01'). I am super fair with a pretty neutral skin tone. I have freckles and naturally brown/red hair. It's really hard for someone with my coloring to wear bronzer in my opinion, I find it often looks like dirt on me. However, this product is very subtle and not orange on me. Everyone loves the NYC Sunny bronzer, well, that honestly looks terrible on me. This The Body Shop bronzer is matte as well, and very pigmented so you're not having to pack a ton of product on. So, while it is very pigmented it's a very light colored bronzer. Perfect for the fairest of fair people. I tried the color '03' first and my boyfriend said, verbatim, "You have something orange on your cheek...'
So definitely test the bronzer in the store before you buy it!
This is the best bronzer I have ever used. I have very pale, cool-toned skin and look like a corpse if I don't use some sort of bronzer, but most bronzers just look ridiculous with my skin--they're either too dark, too shimmery, too warm-toned, etc. However, this bronzer is very matte, and its lightest shade is perfect for me because it lends the subtlest rose-gold glow to my skin, rather than streaking my face orange or brown. The packaging is a compact that stays securely closed, and the product does not have much fallout at all. The bronzer also comes in several shades.
Bottom line--PALE PEOPLE: Please try this bronzer!!
This is well loved product on YouTube but it didn't worked for me. The deep matte color was way too orangey for my NC30 skin color. The silky touch powder is very fine and it does apply very nicely but the color was a no no for me.
"If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?"
Without a doubt - YES. I first heard about this from beauty bloggers like FleurDeForce, A Model Recommends (Ruth), and Essiebutton (Estee) - they all gave positive reviews, so I was like 'gotta try this!!'
FYI I got the shade 03 & I have NC30 skin.
- Not orangey at all, not too brown, not muddy: just what I want in a bronzer
- Visible but not unpleasantly obvious (I tried Hoola Benefit by it's hardly visible on my skin)
- Can be used to contour and to do overall bronzing
- NO SHIMMER. It's matte, which means super natural. NARS Laguna is pretty but too shimmery to be used on an everyday basis, I think.
- Nice packaging, hello mirror!
- Cute honeycomb pattern on the bronzer itself too
- Can't think of any at the moment, honestly - but will update if I spot any in the future. But judging from the fact that I've had this bronzer for over half a year, I dont think I'll have anything to add in the "Cons" column, sorry :p
Hope this is helpful - please kindly rate, even if you find it unhelpful (it's okay, I just want a bit of feedback)! Thanks so much x