New York Color Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

For the price this is an ok product. I bought it originally because I did a pretty eye look and in my rush to leave the house I forgot to put on mascara :/. I so hunted out the cheapest mascara I could find, because I hate having too many mascaras open. So I wanted something that if I did forget about it after I used it, I wouldn't feel like it was a big waste. The consistency is kinda meh, I needed 2-3 coats just for decent coverage. That being said it did last all day, which included a lot of walking outside in hot weather. I don't think I would buy this again, because you can get mascara that is 1000X better for only a few dollars more.

on 7/6/2015 7:18:00 PM

Would have given this a 5 if it didn't dry out so quickly. Loved the results....but it dried up within a month.

on 7/5/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this mascara. The wand is great for the bottom lashes. I use this along with another mascara. The only downfall I see is the mascara is really dry. It takes many coats to get the length I want. I would re buy this. The price is fantastic! Less then 5.00 a tube. The packaging is standard mascara packaging. Nothing special. It is a skinny tube so that's nice. It fits nicely in my makeup bag

on 6/19/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Took less than an hour to smudge. Disappointed, but not really surprised. I don't know why I expected better from an inexpensive drugstore mascara. Hello again, raccoon eyes...

on 3/22/2015 3:31:00 AM

Got this, together with city curl, in my search of a replacement for the discontinued Shu Uermura Basic, which gives the minimal look and used for 10 years plus.

This has more oomph than Shu, thin brush, clean define look, a bit lengthening ( thus not what I want ). Wetter than city curl and less Oomph than that. No flakes, lashes stay soft. Won't clump the lash together ( spider legs) even with 3-4 coats. Very similar to maybelline define a lash (waterproof), but wetter.

In the scale of oomph, from minimalist to dramatics, for the mascara I have tried so far: shu basic ( non waterproof ), maybelline lash discovery mini brush waterproof, NYC sky rise, maybelline define a lash ( waterproof ), NYC city curl, maybelline vol express colossal ( waterproof ), maybelline vol express falsie dramatic black.

Hope the above gives an idea of where this stands.

For less than 2 , it's a bargain. ( the cheapest so far).

And the search for a replacement continues.

on 3/16/2015 2:18:00 PM

Adore this mascara. The brush is amazingly long and thin and that is the kind that works wonderfully with my lashes. THe formula is exactly right, not too wet, nor too dry. It doesn't start drying up after opening for a long while (at least mine) Insanely cheap (around $3) No matter how many high end mascaras I try, I still reach for this one day after day. I've had zero problems with it. The ONLY thing I do not like about NYC makeup is the cheap looking packaging, but I love this long, slim tube! Try it, you just might love it too!

on 12/22/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

To be frank I come to find with mascara it all about the brush. does not matter the formula just the brush. so i for the most part I always judge by brush before buy. well my sister had a great brush i found plundering though her things *(we are roommates might i add lol) it was one buy covergirl define lengths something like that but anyway i fell in love the brush i hated the formula so i just use my own tube. well fast forward she saw it in my bathroom and of course took it back as most sisters do. Anyway i say this at target for a 1.72. what attracted me was the really long tube. which i instantly though long thin brush.

fast forward got home and fell in love with the brush itself it give me the baby doll creepy spidery eye look i adore since i cant stand false lashes this give my eyes a bit of that look with out over dramatizing it. the formula i find not really build able but it really black and i just loved it.

on 11/27/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: in order to make it more volumizing, i bent the brush as i pulled it out, into a slight curve and have been using it like that for a few days. it coats the lashes better, and picks up more product, without being gloopy/clumpy. the end result looks good esp when combined with Essence I love extreme volume mascara. if i remember to do this, each time i buy a tube, it could easily become HG.
Pros: My eyes are v sensitive, but this doesn't irritate them compared to other mascaras at the drugstore. It is okay if you're wearing false lashes too.

Cons: everything else. This is fine for lower lashes, but it is just not lengthening at all! I have had it for weeks so I feel I've tried everything to make it work. The thing is, Essence I love extreme volume (pink tube) lengthens more than this, and it isn't even marketed for that.

If I want volume, too, i have to layer a billion times, which is fine--but, because the wand is a spiral pipe-cleaner type of contraption, it clumps the lashes right away with 2-3 coats. I only use this layered on top lashes, with Essence mascara, but it is good for lower lashes.

on 11/16/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got this mascara about a mo. ago. I have already 7rl others, but find myself reaching for this one the majority of the time. I love how I get clump free, separated, long lashes. It does usually take about 2-3 coats(best not to let dry in between coating), but it has a nice formula that enables it to be build-able. It coats evenly too, which certainly helps w/ the clean lash look. If you're looking for major drama or volume, this may not be suitable (at least I don't get any (volume) on my puny lashes), but it delivers excellently on what it promises -- length. Last of all, the price is extremely low $2.79 (Canadian). Loving it!

on 10/27/2014 11:52:00 AM

This is a really amazing mascara!! Super lengthening and isn't all too clumpy because the first few applications are clumpyish but its not a problem. SOOO CHEAP. I have to say this is HG!!! Its amazing defiantly go buy it when you get the chance because it work really well.

Top Rated New York Color Products