April 17, 2014 | 1427 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by annasounds

I think the smell of this product is quite lovely, so I guess you'll have to sniff this one before you buy (obviously not all people like it). I think it's their "moringa" scent? Could be wrong on that. It gives a very light touch of colour that you wouldn't have to worry about visibly transferring to clothes. It's main feature is the way it throws light on your skin- definitely enhances a tan and muscle tone, makes skin look luminescent :) as for packaging- yes probably doesn't allow as much through as you want but I find this good as a little goes a long way- just tap out some more as you need. better than being flooded with this kind of product

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Halvsnygg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice colour, good texture, lustrous. But I hated the smell. It smells so strong I dind't dare wearing it with people around. Sad to say, I threw it away.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by GoingCoen

The only thing this has going for it is the look. The shimmer is super duper pretty. I ordered it online because I heard great things about it from multiple sources, So I gladly bought it. When it arrived I literally dry heaved from the smell. The smell is the absolute worst smell of any beauty product I've ever used. It smells like rotting dying flowers, Something with honey in the title I expected it to smell warm and sweet ,but no, it smells like flowers that have rotted in the sun. The packaging is absolutely terrible too, it has this tiny little hole in a plastic top that you have to shake really hard it to get any product out, and it only comes out in drops. C'mon now Body Shop, You can do better than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Ugh. First of all, this stuff smells disgusting. I was expecting a nice sweet honey smell, what I got was a sour like chamomile/calendula smell that smells just like kiss my face honey moisturizer which I despise.

Second, the packaging! You need to literally dap and shake the dropper a million times to have anything come out. So frustrating!

Third, the actual product itself: this oil was not dry, left an oily sheen and was really streaky and got all over my clothes. I was hoping for a nice bronzing effect that wasn't streaky and dried. Nope, 3 strikes for me! I took it back immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is dark enough that any sort of fake tan would do nothing, I also don't want a tan. What this stuff does is it gives me bare skin a beautiful gloe and I love it! It also smells quite divine. Furthermore, TBS is always on some sort of offer so you hardly ever have to pay full price. I'll be using this all summer and would certainly repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Will I repurchase? YES YES YES. The quality of this stuff is only shadowed by the fact that I got it for 1/2 price during a sale. I'm pretty fair most of the time (NW20) and this blends in perfectly and makes the muscle tone in my arms really stand out. Finally found a sun-free tanning/bronzing product that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Happythenjaded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you like Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Oil or NARS Body Glow oil you need to stop wasting $$ on those products!!! This stuff is a big bottle for like $20!! I paid $55 for Josie's version and $39 for a small bottle of the NARS one...This stuff smells like the NARS (amazing!!!) but BETTER! and it gives a healthier more believable glow!!! This stuff is magic... pure magic... I have fair skin btw. It's so hydrating also!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by canada126

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This product smells great. Other than that:
- it's a pain to get out of the bottle, even after I took out the plastic thing at the end
- I needed to apply LOTS in order to see anything and I have fair skin
- it didn't "dry" completely; I mean, it is an oil, so I didn't really expect it to, but I would not recommend wearing light colours or being around light-coloured fabrics while wearing this

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mlinyear267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about this product since I've found that most tanning lotions/oils/mousses are difficult to apply evenly; I'm quite the perfectionist. As a working mom of two young children, finding the time to apply a fake tan when I'm on the go is just too much; I often find streaks or areas I missed once I leave the house and I can't stand that! So I grabbed this to try and WOW!!! I rubbed it on my arms, chest and neck to wear with a tank, and I couldn't believe how nice the finish is for such a fairly cheap product. The oil is awesome, it blends so nicely into the skin and as much as I thought it would be greasy, it's not. And the color is this beautiful golden bronze. It was an instant tan. Just enough to improve my complexion but not look fake. I will definately repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Claims?
Honey-bronze glow >yes
Tan-enhancing shimmer >yes
Non-greasy finish >yes, surprisingly (it probably could do with a few minutes to dry before dressing)

I am in love with the shimmer of this stuff! When applied, it's much more finely milled than it looks in the bottle. The gold shimmer is subtle. (Gold is good because studies show that a more yellow skin hue is rated as more attractive by both men and women- Dr. Stephens from Science News). The color itself is pretty dark, even on my summer-tanned skin so blending is important. There is no DHA in this product (yay!) so I didn't smell gross. The scent is not honey but some type of flower. Honey = bees + flowers so I guess that makes sense. Unfortunately mosquitoes also looove this scent. I got 4 bites while everyone else got none. The packaging is GORGEOUS but functionally sucks. The product is so annoying to get out. Also, while the ingredients listed below show that it's very moisturizing, I wouldn't recommend using it for that purpose since it's a 3.3 fl oz bottle. I used a body butter underneath and then smoothed it on to the bits that need highlighting.

The ingredients're pretty impressive:
1. caprylic/capric triglyceride: aka fractionated coconut oil
2. isononyl isononanoate: skin conditioning emollient
3. mica: colorant, sometimes used for shimmer
4. silica: mineral that helps product glide on smoothly and adhere to skin
5. bertholletia excelsa seed oil: brazil nut seed oil, skin conditioning emollient
6. persea gratissima: avocado oil, occlusive skin conditioning (shown in rabbits to be an eye and skin irritant)
7. fragrance
8. beeswax: multiple uses, including skin conditioning emollient
9. tocopheryl acetate: combination of acetic acid and vitamin E, skin conditioning
10. benzyl salicylate: an ester of benzyl alcohol and salicylic acid, multiple uses, for fragrance, for UV light absorber, known human immune system toxicant, known allergen
11. honey: humectant (holds onto water particles)
12. amyl cinnamal: fragrance, jasmine/floral scent
13. linalool: used in fragrances for masking
14. tocopherol: multiple uses, antioxidant, in fragrances, occlusive skin conditioning
15. hydroxycitronellal: used in fragrances, known human immune system toxicant, known allergen
16. geraniol: used in fragrances
17. eugenol: used in fragrances, known human immune system toxicant
18. benzyl benzoate: multiple uses, in fragrances, solvent, antimicrobial, preservative, can cause allergies
19. citronellol: used in fragrances
20. mica
21. iron oxides: colorant
22. titanium dioxide: multiple uses, colorant, opacifying, sunscreen, UV light absorber, safe when applied but not inhaled

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No