The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/19/2015 12:48:00 PM

This product went back right the next day after I got it. I usually don`t do returns, I try to work with the product, but this one grossed me out too much. I was looking for something to ease me out of spring into summer, my legs are pasty white and I thought this would add a nice bronzy glow, but damn that odor, how can I describe it? Burnt hair? Burnt plastic? It was awful, even my husband said it reeks, and he doesn`t even have a good sense of smell. It has been discontinued in Japan, I am surprised to hear it`s still selling abroad.

on 3/19/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am fan!! This is a really quick way to get a slightly tanned bronze glow. I have light skin and this shows up well. I like how it gives you a bronze glow with a bit of color. Basically, you can get the look of using Jergens lotion for a month within minutes! It looks really good over a summer tan too! It is hard to get the oil out of the bottle, but after using it for a while I am glad they made it that way! You wouldn't want this stuff to come pouring out! I have found if you keep layering it, it turns your orange instead of bronzed...at least it does on my light skin. 1-2 thin layers is plenty for me. The smell doesn't bother me. It's like a muted floral, tropical perfume. It also washes off easy with water so don't expect it to stay on if you go swimming. It will make my skin smooth for about a day and then I need to reapply a moisturizer. My skin gets dry easy so that might be why. Overall, I really like this stuff and it is such an easy and quick way to some glow.

on 1/14/2015 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Woooo baby I love that shimmer. ;)
This product is a either a hit or miss for people.
You either love the scent or don't.

In my case, I love it.
It smells like honey roasted by the sun's rays.
Overall it smells yummy. But well it really depends on how one describes it.
If someone gives you a shitty description of it, you'll definitely visualise it as something else.

This product gives you a slightly sunkissed skin with loads of shimmer.
The shimmer isn't that bad, it's pretty subtle under normal light.
But if it's against the sunlight, oh damn, your legs would look godly.
It gives a slightly slimming effect when you put it at the contours of your leg.
But really, that also depends on where the sun is shining.

This product is perfect especially when you go to the beach.
It gives you that sunkissed glow that is really appropriate there.
It does transfer off a little when in water, but most of it stay.

But wearing it in other places that doesn't fit the bill, some people would ask me;
why does your legs look so glittery? (Well I'm probably a tanned vampire. Ahem.)

In hot and humid weather, it does get a little sticky when you are sweating,
which makes it a little uncomfortable.

Packaging wise, it makes me procrastinate at times.
It's not for people who are in a hurry, it takes some patience.
Tipping the bottle upside down and shaking it once produces a drop.
This drop of shimmer is enough to cover one side of my thigh. (But hey I'm short)
Which is enough for me. I think it's good that they made it that way, it prevents unnecessary spillage.
I feel that the product dispenses enough at one go.

I think that they have given more than enough product for it's price, so it's pretty worth it.

IN CONCLUSION:
It's a great "bronzer" for appropriate places such as the beach.
Staying power is fair enough and it has a lovely shimmer.

But I'll probably not buy it again as I don't see much use for me.

on 7/21/2014 11:18:00 PM

I just got this for a friend. I used the tester at the store and it seems quite pretty.
I can't help but wonder whether Nuxe's oil would have been a better choice.
The thing I don't like about this one is the smell other than that it's nice

on 6/14/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love the smell of this product but it may not be loved by everybody though.It's very pretty when on but it may need rubbing in on the backs of your knees if you are particularly sweaty on a hot day. My only gripe is the rubbish amount that comes out of the bottle after bashing it so hard you hurt your hand so I've taken a lippy off for that as it's so annoying! The product itself is gorgeous and a LOT cheaper than the NARS version !!

on 4/25/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got three of these with the buy 2 get one free from Body Shop mwahahaha. I love these so much. I always bring a bottle on holiday and lather my entire body with it especially if I want to head down to the beach.

OHH MAMA the looks I get with this stuff on ;)

Only downside is the smell, does give me a bit of a headache and my boyfriend doesn't like the smell but I don't care! Love the effect of it, plus the smell wears away after a while.

I've been into the ocean and out with it and I'm still all glowy and shimmery. Some of the stuff does come off of course, and if you sweat this stuff can transfer a little, but it really isn't a big deal.

PERFECT FOR HOLIDAYS AND BEACHES! I would say I prefer the Benefit "Take a Picture It'll Last Longer" Body Balm for when I'm not at the beach or on holiday because it is less golden/shimmery and the Honey Bronze is more for that tanned look.

Hope I helped =] x

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have fair skin which has a neutral undertone. I use this body bronzer on my legs and arms to add just a hint of colour and some shimmer. I quite like the way it makes my skin look luminescent! However, if you wear it in a humid environment, it will transfer off. I also slept on my sheets after a night out to town and was too lazy to wash it off, and it didn't stain! Huge plus! I also got it on sale for 10 dollars CDN, which is an okay price in my opinion.

on 3/25/2014 7:18:00 AM

I think the smell of this product is quite lovely, so I guess you'll have to sniff this one before you buy (obviously not all people like it). I think it's their "moringa" scent? Could be wrong on that. It gives a very light touch of colour that you wouldn't have to worry about visibly transferring to clothes. It's main feature is the way it throws light on your skin- definitely enhances a tan and muscle tone, makes skin look luminescent :) as for packaging- yes probably doesn't allow as much through as you want but I find this good as a little goes a long way- just tap out some more as you need. better than being flooded with this kind of product

on 12/7/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nice colour, good texture, lustrous. But I hated the smell. It smells so strong I dind't dare wearing it with people around. Sad to say, I threw it away.

on 11/13/2013 3:30:00 PM

The only thing this has going for it is the look. The shimmer is super duper pretty. I ordered it online because I heard great things about it from multiple sources, So I gladly bought it. When it arrived I literally dry heaved from the smell. The smell is the absolute worst smell of any beauty product I've ever used. It smells like rotting dying flowers, Something with honey in the title I expected it to smell warm and sweet ,but no, it smells like flowers that have rotted in the sun. The packaging is absolutely terrible too, it has this tiny little hole in a plastic top that you have to shake really hard it to get any product out, and it only comes out in drops. C'mon now Body Shop, You can do better than this.

Popular Bronzers