July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eyeshadow Pencil in Mercury

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rangers30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this pencil as a base for eyeshadow and as a liner/shadow in itself. It is a cool, silvery grey that looks lovely against my fair complexion. It holds shadow in place up to around the 12 hour mark and works great by itself. However, application is bit stiff and these pencils are pricey. I think I would rather buy the NYX jumbo pencils and save my money for products with a bit more bang for my buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by veganrebecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This pencil does not glide on smoothly - I have to apply pressure, and then it goes on unevenly.

I'm mostly disappointed in the color - this looks blue when it is on my eyelid, not silver. The color isn't a bad one, though...just not what I expected. It's darker than I expected, too.

On the plus side, it does have staying power!

I also like that the column of color freely slides out of the pencil; that means that when the time comes for me to sharpen it, I won't lose any color to the pencil sharpener. Not sure whether that was intentional and they're all like that or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by hazakaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this product! However, it is NOT a shadow in and of itself. I have oily, oily lids, and by itself, all of UD's shadow pencils crease like crazy, just like everything else if it's applied alone on my eyelids. Over primer (Too Faced Shadow Insurance and UD's Primer Potion both), I find that the shadow pencils get sticky and also don't work terribly well

I can hear you thinking, "Then why the heck do you like it?" Well, I like it because it's fantastic over primer and under shadow for making my eye makeup--even complicated, layered eye makeup!--stick around FOREVER. You wouldn't think that more products would work better, but they really do. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance (or UD's Primer Potion), let it sink in for a minute or two, and then put on and blend the edges of the shadow pencil. Once that's on, I apply eyeshadow. It really helps the eyeshadow stick, and not budge for hours, even through bicycling and waiting tables, and it only adds about a minute to my routine. Mercury specifically does really well underneath lighter colors of eyeshadow to give them a more interesting, darker look. As a liner on the lower lashline, it sticks around much longer than almost anything else that I own.

Overall: it gets a -1 for not being the standalone pencil shadow I was hoping for, but it gets a 5 for making my eye makeup last forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would be my holy grail shadow every day that would save me so much time! It was not. I bought 3 of these pencils, and while they have the same staying power as the UD 24/7 liners, as a shadow, they don't go on well and are cakey, as a reviewer below said. Can't get it to go on evenly and it wears so awfully throughout the day! I gave it 3 lippies since it would still be great as a liner, but just not as a shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

This is my first UD 24/7 Glide-On Eyeshadow Pencil and I have absolutely no regrets buying this! :) When I want a smokey eye look, I just use this baby, which glides on nicely on my lids and I a good to go. I have received a lot of compliments whenever I use this :) I have since purchased 3 more in Delinquent - very beautiful shimmery dark purple, Wasteland - dark brown and Midnight Cowboy (a shimmery beige). I hope they will never discontinue this :) And I will definitely repurchase when I run out :)