November 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Cream Shadow Quad (ALL)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by IrynaHarpy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking at the reviews on the various palettes and can't believe how well rated they are.

I went a on a retail therapy spree some time ago and bought two palettes (what was I thinking?) because they were discounted. I wouldn't take another one even if it were free as it'd be a waste of resources for something I'd bin.

I don't care how 'pretty' the colours are for neutral looks: there's no point in 'pretty' when it fades, creases and turns into a goopy, sticky mess within a couple of hours.

I tried to salvage them with 4 different brands of quality primer; using sheer face powder underneath & to set them; piling on ridiculous amounts of powder shadow as if they were a reasonable base... all to no avail. Everything slides of unless you blink carefully and don't dare bring your fingers anywhere near your eyes.

I've given them one extra lippie out of fairness to Max Factor Smokey Eye sticks which should be relegated to the pretend makeup in kiddies dress-ups boxes.

No, no and NO! Don't buy these unless your eyelids are made of talcum powder!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

These were good for a time. I have Wild Orchids (which I swore I'd buy again and was tempted to refill before I finished it) and Va Va Va Bloom which has really nice colors. The pro is that you get four creams that you can use for a complete look for highlighting and contouring without having to buy four separate ones, as the separate ones usually are just individual colors, and not shades (such as orange, blue, green, instead of light purple, bright purple, dark magenta etc). The con is you can't really get a good coverage so easily if you use more than one color, because they don't blend well and then you have to keep building it up to look natural. They also do crease which is annoying. I think when they came out they were pretty top compared to what was available, but now there are so many more pigmented and non-creasing options that I won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by vslaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These aren't that great. They rub off easily and crease. I like the packaging, and the colors but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As an eyeshadow, to be honest, I'm not too fond of these. They crease and smudge within the first 10 minutes upon application, and that's with primer too. If, however, you have drier lids, this may work for you, as my lids are quite oily.

However, as you can see, I rated this a 4 because I find that this is AMAZING for lining my lower lash line. I own a quad called "Black Magic" that comes with a silver, a white, a pink and a black, and I use the black to line my lash line. I decided to try it out one day, and to my extremely GREAT surprise, there was barely any smudging. I say that I'm extremely surprised by this because EVERYTHING smudges on me. I've tried MAC Fluidlines, Clinique Cream Shapers, Clinique gel liners, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place eye liners, Urban Decay 24/7s, Sephora waterproof liners, and countless other high end and even more drugstore liners... yet this cheap, Revlon quad holds up on my lower lash line better than any of these liners. I definitely recommend trying these as liners if you already have a quad and if you don't like them as shadows.