October 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Professionnel Platinum Concealer Airbrush #57

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

bristles - soft and dense (wish it was more dense, tho)
ferrule - looks cheap
cleaning regimen - water + facial cleaning gel (circular motions) 2-3 times a week ( i use thick concealers so the bristles become really stiff after 2nd use)

I feel like this brush won't last me more than 3 yrs if i continue cleaning it this often because the brush looks very cheap to me, especially the ferrule that looks like a plain Al metal that could rust if washed to often.

I'm searching for a cheaper dupe. I'm not fond of Sigma (think that whoever recommends them got them for free). EcoTools has a similar brush, but not dense as.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Add me to the list of glowing praises for this brush! I really never saw the need for a concealer brush, I use my fingers and tap it in. I figured a brush wouldn't do much, maybe even wipe away what I'm trying to cover...
I saw this brush clearanced, so I picked it up and thought I could maybe use it for powdering the under eye area. I tried it for my liquid concealer and wow what a difference- if you have fine lines- this brush is a magic to buff enough coverage to cover circles, but also works to blend enough concealer away, so it does not settle in the lines. Love it and now I want to get a back up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this brush to buff concealer under my eyes or corrector on my spots. The synthetic bristles are so soft and it blends products well.

Update: This brush really fell out of favor with me. I needed something with slightly stiffer (shorter) bristles, so now I use the Real Techniques deluxe crease brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I didn't know I needed this brush until I got it! I apply concealer to my undereye area everyday and use this brush to blend it in. It's so soft and light and easy to use. Great quality brush at a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this brush is awesome. i use it to blend my undereye concealer and it's just perfect. it's a little on the pricey side but worth it. no shedding or anything. buffs to perfection. the only slight downside to this brush is that it's rounded tip doesn't allow you to get as close in the tight spots around the nose or under your eye. also when it comes to getting right under the lower lash line it's a little big. it's real strength is in its buffing abilities. a real keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a concealer addict. I've been on a quest to find the perfect concealer to give me that "8hrs of sleep rested look". I've tried cream, liquid, mineral powder, correctors, etc to mask the tired, bluish looking veins underneath my eyes. I've tried primers and setting powders to keep my undereyes from looking like crepe after a few hours to no avail. This is the best concealer applicator EVER! It makes cream and liquid concealer go on smoothly and evenly without streaking or flaking! Also, i'veThe trick is to just lightly dip the brush in the concealer, stipple it under the eye (like you would foundation with the MAC 187) then swirl with tiny circles to smoothen it out around the edge. I've tried this technique successfully with the ff: MAC pro longwear concealer, cinema secrets, the balm time balm and bobbi brown tinted eye brightener. NOTE: It didn't work so well with bare minerals bisque and mufe hd concealer (dries too quickly)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great for stippling & buffing concealer. Concealor doesn't look cakey and it last all day. The bristles are soft but stiff. Love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush changed the way I apply my foundation. I have never been a huge fan of foundation due to cakey applications until this brush. Now my foundation goes on looking very airbrushed. Can't say enough wonderful things about this brush, if you are having foundation application problems like I used to please try this, your makeup will look SO MUCH better!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

There's a cheap DUPE out there! Don't get me wrong, this brush is made well & works fairly well with concealer but it is overpriced and there is a much cheaper version available that works just as well if not better. This costs 24USD whereas the Everyday Minerals Eye Kabuki costs 8USD. I have even attached two photos to this review so you can compare how it looks. The EM eye kabuki is slightly fluffier but otherwise, works & feels remarkably similar. I can't believe nobody else pointed this out so everyone could've saved a significant amount of money.
---------------------
I bought this brush at Sephora because I have horribly dark undereye circles with a lot of dryness & concealer just always looks terrible & cakey. This brush buffed it in nicely but it's not a miracle device for dry undereyes. Mine still looked cakey, just a little less so. The moral of the story is that the brush is well made, soft, and works okay, but it is not worth the price considering that there is an inexpensive dupe out there.
--------------------
EDIT: I've also heard there's a Real Techniques dupe out there too but I don't own it (deluxe crease brush). It would be helpful to see the closeup comparisons.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Linatha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have under eye circles that make me look like an extra from Dawn of the Dead movie. Own 10 of the best concealers on the market, none of them seemed to quite cover up those nasty dark circles. Could all 10 high end concealers be poor...or could it be the application of the concealers? A Sephora chica pointed me to this airbrush concealer...and waa laa...circles almost invisible. Hip Hip Hurrah!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No