Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow - Rosy Tan 754

4.2

on 1/31/2015 9:04:00 PM

the eye shadow is not so great.
I find it drIes my lids out terribly
and even though the matte shadows last they smudge,the frosted seems to disapate.

on 12/4/2014 12:57:00 AM

A skeptic as I've owned 4 other quints, and for one, I've never been able to use all 5 colours at once, and B. They're usually too... much. Either too much shimmer, or too much colour, for the environment that I wear my MU in.

Without much thought, I picked up Rosy Tan one day when I was in a Dior mood (evidently) and I have not looked back! I reserve this for special events where I don't want to go too crazy, and wore this at Graduation from Uni and would likely reserve it for "meet the parents" sort of days and casual days out.

The colors are all flattering, and not too flashy, soft and pretty. Take a peek. It has almost every colour you need in a palette for travel or on the go.

(For reference, NC15.)

on 5/13/2014 4:04:00 PM

very nice palette, good everyday colors, on me they stay all day and look " rich". i had before the 030 incognito palette and this one looks better on my skintone.

on 3/1/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this, I tried to love it--unfortunately, with Rosy Tan I didn't find the pigmentation to be superior to any of my UD or MAC shadows. Maybe I picked up a dud? The packaging is beautiful but even with a primer, I did think the lasting power warranted a $60 price tag.

on 2/13/2014 5:21:00 PM

I'm another one who purchased this after watching the Lisa Eldridge tutorial. What a beautiful, beautiful palette. I love putting these eyeshadows on. They are so luxurious, I feel like I'm applying silk to my eyelids. There is no fallout and the colours aren't chalky. The quality really makes it worth the cost.
The colours are perfect for going day to night. Very pretty and natural, but can also create a more dramatic evening look.

on 1/17/2014 11:22:00 PM

Finally got my hands on one of these after seeing it in a Lisa Eldridge tutorial. While I've not quite mastered the look from the video yet, I'm still creating some of my own beautiful looks with this palette. The shadows are so silky and pigmented. I just wish they weren't so expensive!! I would probably buy this again if I ran out.

on 9/22/2013 3:15:00 AM

Just got this palette after watching Lisa Eldridge's bridal video and fell in love with the colors. The look from the vid was so romantic and pretty. I tried to re-create it and worked. Dior rocks! Love all the colors except for the pearl .... too shimmery for me to use as a brow bone highlight. Other than that, it's a great buy.

on 8/24/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit: finally found a way to show up without going patchy....used Fyrinnae Pixie epoxy beneath it, better than the other primers i tried. Have realized the colours don't show up on or suit my skin/colouring. Maybe on lighter or more olive skins it will work.
Ahh sorry! I am a big fan of Dior cosmetics in general and the eyeshadows in particular. This quint leaves much to be desired. I feel that all the good reviews are misleading for a prospective buyer. This is a below average palette for the price, drugstore quality. The colour payoff is horrendous to average depending on the shadow.
My previous dior palettes are so buttery and smooth in texture compared to this. Have they reformulated the eyeshadows and added tons of fillers? Why is the end result chalky? I will add that I have tried this with and without primer- i have used it for the entire past week in the hopes of getting it to look ok. Subtlety I am not averse to--this is just poor quality. The colours are gorgeous, and a perfect harmony. This provides a good "base" look for other eyeshadows, too. All I wish is for the soft, well pigmented without being harsh, smooth look of palettes past (lol). Lisa Eldridge used this in a look. It was elegant and the model looked nice. However I believe this is a) lisa's touch b) because the model was a beautiful girl with lovely eyes ANYway c) the entire look could be replicated with a revlon palette and noone wd be any the wiser. I found an exact dupe for the shimmery warm beige colour; Annabelle's 11 dollar quad in Java has it, and the payoff is better. At this price point there is no excuse for even one of the five shades to suck.

This, and it's sister Rosy Nude, were hastily bought last summer and have been neglected due to my discovery of older quints that drew my attention since.
After I had photographed and re-arranged my stash, I decided to go through all my quints and get re-aquainted with them.

Rosy Tan (756) looks more burgundy than tan on my skin (I estimate I am 15/20 in MAC, I wear Dior's Forever-old formula in 20 and ELDW in Linen). This is because the upper right (the darkest) colour pulls somewhat warm and reddish/mauve on me. It looks to progress seamlessly on the lid when I use it next to the pink, requiring very little blending.

Now I have a thing with these quints, I have to come up with a look that incorporates every colour. I know it is not how it's supposed to work, even the Dior leaflets show instructions of 3 colours at a time, but this is just me. Anyway, here is how I do it (over TFSI Lemon):

1) I apply upper left on my whole lid, as a base
2) I mix lower left with a touch of upper right on my outer half
3) I use the upper right on the crease and outer v and blend-blend-blend (thank Haku for H2291)
4) Diffuse the crease towards the brow using the lower right light brown
5) Highlight under the brow and at tearduct using the middle colour

Although this is not an Iridescent palette (love them), I do get a nice shine since all but the lower right colour seem to have a satiny nature. The effect is very flattering and feminine and not at all flat.

The texture of the shadows is smooth and soft as we come to expect from Dior, except from the two lower colours. The one on the left, especially, seems to require some more effort to come to the brush. Please note that I do not mean they are hard. Far from it. They are just a little harder FOR DIOR STANDARDS and I cannot stress that enough.

I have rated the packaging 4 because it is good, safe and I can actually use the included brushes in an emergency (like being in a hotel and see you have forgotten your regular brushes back at home) to get decent results.

The price is a 3 for me. Yes, the original investment is high but these shadows will last a long time because so little is required each time.

The overall rating, now that is a dilemma... I have many Dior quints that I would not hesitate to rate them 5 (this one included) but I have Dior's eyeshadow duos were the quality and pigmentation is beyond words! I do rate the quints 4, because this is how I interpret it: since Dior has the know-how to make and release e/s in the superb quality of the duos, then I can compare the quality of the quint e/s to that. It's the same company, the same product, at the same time. So although the quality of the quint is beautiful and so beyond that of many other companies, for a Dior product is a 4 - or, if you prefer, a 4,5.

Lastly, I do not find this quint to be essential for me since I have many others from Dior that contain more or less same-themed colours, but I am happy with this product and (if I did not have any others) I would be willing to buy again.

on 10/6/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I want to love it, but I can't. The colours just look muddy on me. I've seen other people wear it with beautiful results, but on me it does not look good at all :(

I am willing to swap it if anyone is interested.

Popular Eye Shadows