TheBalm Betty-Lou Manizer

4.1

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, Ptfe, Silica Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide (Ci75470).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!! I have a more olive skin tone and this just looks so good on even when Im pale as hell. You can really pack on or just use this product lightly on your cheeks. I use it as a blush really, just slap it across my face! The shimmer in it adds a lovely glow to my face while giving me some bronzed colour. It just makes me look a lot healthier. The shimmer isnt like a highlighter shimmer like mary loumanizer.. I dont know its just so gorgeous and imo quite affordable when you compare it to mac highlighters or blushes.

on 5/6/2015 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Def gives me the sun kissed glow for my skin. Can look a bit orange if I apply more than twice over the same part. Def a lil goes a long way with this product for me but the packaging is super cool, comes with a nice mirror too.

on 3/22/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

To all my naturally "tanned" girls out there... high yellow to medium deep, you do not want to pass up on this. I wear it like as a blush and I look even more dewy and luminous than I do when I highlight with Mary-Lou or Cindy-Lou.

This does have orange in it and a lovely golden shimmer, just perfect for medium skin.

Oh, Betty-Lou... to think I almost passed you up. I am loving it...especially with the summer coming up and my skintone deepening.

on 2/2/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This bronzer is pretty when I get it right, but it requires a very light hand and patience, which I do not have. Betty Lou-Manizer is a medium bronze with strong golden shimmer, and it's definitely a good quality product. It has a soft, buttery texture, it's pigmented, and the shimmer is fine so it creates a sheen rather than sparkles. The problem is that although the shimmer is fine, it's dense and very reflective so it easily becomes metallic. It also requires a good amount of blending to get the product to meld with my skin and look natural. I have NC30 skin and Betty Lou-Manizer gives me a very luminous, bronzed look when applied lightly to the high points of my face. I like subtle shimmer, so even with a light touch this bronzer is still really reflective for my tastes. It's nice to use once in a while, but most of the time I don't want to fuss around or be very glowy.

on 1/19/2015 11:35:00 PM

I love this as a bronzer or blush. Beautifiully adds warmth and glow to my face and it is less shimmery and more glowy than what it looks like in the pan

I buy mine online or from Kohls and its not the cheapest bronzer but it also lasts quite a long time

on 8/10/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I ADORE THIS !! I purchased it then sadly dropped it, so i had to purchase another. I love it so much.its buttery soft and goes on super smooth. I use it as a highlighter. you only have to use a tad bit. Great highlighter for women of color

on 5/21/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this to be honest, just went crazy buying balm stuff one day. Don't know what I thought I would use it for, I'm too pale to use this as a highlight (nw20) and I hate shimmery bronzers. As an eyeshadow this isn't a pretty colour, so it just sits there in my collection doing nothing... If you are darker skinned though I imagine this would make a gorgeous highlight, or if you like shimmery bronzers you might like this.

on 4/13/2014 9:52:00 PM

On one hand, the packaging of this product is just too cute to be true. Everything from the name to the design is kitschy. On the other hand, this luminizer retails for thirty dollars, not cheap in my book. It gives nice, natural glow and comes with a compact mirror but.... E.L.F.'s Studio Golden Bronzer gives pretty much the same look for a mere fraction of the price. I am going to have to test the two, but it looks like E.L.F. wins for reasons of economy (it also comes with more product). I would definitely repurchase this product if price were not a consideration.

on 12/9/2013 9:07:00 PM

Amazing not too sparkly and lasts forever all you need is a dot

on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the highlighter version, there is a ton of product in here. This product has 2 uses for me - use in the eye area as a shadow, or as a bronzer for a bronze sheen on the cheeks. This bronzer plays well with the light as in it gives a flash of bronze rather than a heavy orange look. This is great because I wasn't after a more tan look, just a more sunkissed look. The first time I applied it LIGHTLY on my cheeks I was scared because it looked so metallic. When I blended it in though it looked more like a sunkissed look rather than a clown look. I was pleasantly surprised. You HAVE to be very light handed with this bronzer, I think its going to very easy to overdo and end up looking like the tinman. All in all, its a beautiful goldy leaning bronze bronzer which can be used both as an eyeshadow and a bronzer. If you are after a sunkissed sheen rather than a product to make your face look more tan, this product is for you. I would not repurchase because I cannot imagine ever running out and by the time I run out I will want to try something different :)

Popular Bronzers