TheBalm Betty-Lou Manizer

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, Ptfe, Silica Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide (Ci75470).

on 2/2/2015 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This bronzer is pretty when I get it right, but it requires a very light hand and patience, which I do not have. Betty Lou-Manizer is a medium bronze with strong golden shimmer, and it's definitely a good quality product. It has a soft, buttery texture, it's pigmented, and the shimmer is fine so it creates a sheen rather than sparkles. The problem is that although the shimmer is fine, it's dense and very reflective so it easily becomes metallic. It also requires a good amount of blending to get the product to meld with my skin and look natural. I have NC30 skin and Betty Lou-Manizer gives me a very luminous, bronzed look when applied lightly to the high points of my face. I like subtle shimmer, so even with a light touch this bronzer is still really reflective for my tastes. It's nice to use once in a while, but most of the time I don't want to fuss around or be very glowy.

on 1/19/2015 11:35:00 PM

I love this as a bronzer or blush. Beautifiully adds warmth and glow to my face and it is less shimmery and more glowy than what it looks like in the pan

I buy mine online or from Kohls and its not the cheapest bronzer but it also lasts quite a long time

on 8/10/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I ADORE THIS !! I purchased it then sadly dropped it, so i had to purchase another. I love it so much.its buttery soft and goes on super smooth. I use it as a highlighter. you only have to use a tad bit. Great highlighter for women of color

on 5/21/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this to be honest, just went crazy buying balm stuff one day. Don't know what I thought I would use it for, I'm too pale to use this as a highlight (nw20) and I hate shimmery bronzers. As an eyeshadow this isn't a pretty colour, so it just sits there in my collection doing nothing... If you are darker skinned though I imagine this would make a gorgeous highlight, or if you like shimmery bronzers you might like this.

on 4/13/2014 9:52:00 PM

On one hand, the packaging of this product is just too cute to be true. Everything from the name to the design is kitschy. On the other hand, this luminizer retails for thirty dollars, not cheap in my book. It gives nice, natural glow and comes with a compact mirror but.... E.L.F.'s Studio Golden Bronzer gives pretty much the same look for a mere fraction of the price. I am going to have to test the two, but it looks like E.L.F. wins for reasons of economy (it also comes with more product). I would definitely repurchase this product if price were not a consideration.

on 12/9/2013 9:07:00 PM

Amazing not too sparkly and lasts forever all you need is a dot

on 12/7/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the highlighter version, there is a ton of product in here. This product has 2 uses for me - use in the eye area as a shadow, or as a bronzer for a bronze sheen on the cheeks. This bronzer plays well with the light as in it gives a flash of bronze rather than a heavy orange look. This is great because I wasn't after a more tan look, just a more sunkissed look. The first time I applied it LIGHTLY on my cheeks I was scared because it looked so metallic. When I blended it in though it looked more like a sunkissed look rather than a clown look. I was pleasantly surprised. You HAVE to be very light handed with this bronzer, I think its going to very easy to overdo and end up looking like the tinman. All in all, its a beautiful goldy leaning bronze bronzer which can be used both as an eyeshadow and a bronzer. If you are after a sunkissed sheen rather than a product to make your face look more tan, this product is for you. I would not repurchase because I cannot imagine ever running out and by the time I run out I will want to try something different :)

I dont know why i even bought this, is so shimmery for a bronzer!!

on 10/8/2013 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

EEK, finally getting around to writing some reviews about my most loved makeup, this is one I was most excited for. I have been using this for about a month now. I am all about the year round sunkissed, glowing, bronzed look - no matter summer, spring, fall, winter, you name it..it's my fav makeup look to rock. I think its timeless. Anyway, I had been eying this bad boy for quite some time, I own the MaryLouManizer and absolutely love it, but I wanted something with a bronzey tone for the days I'm feeling I want to add an extra pop to my bronzey-godess look ;). This is a golden glow, with bronzey undertones. I am an NC25-30 and it flatters my skintone really well, I'll do the usual all over bronzing, blush on the apples, and this is my last step, I will take a small skunk brush and run this over the apples of my cheeks, over my blush and it pulls the look together SO well. I literally look like I am radiating from within, after I have been in the sun :). SO pretty! This will also last me a lifetime, you need the smallest amount. If you are contemplating buying this - DO IT.

on 5/31/2013 10:22:00 AM

I really like this bronzer. The packaging is SO cute (it was actually what pushed me into buying this product!). I am a bit of a bronzer junkie, I am really fair skinned so I use bronzer to get my glow instead of hitting up the tanning bed or sunbathing. This bronzer definitely strattles the line between luminizer and bronzer. When I use it I do not use a luminizer with it. I like to contour my face with bronzer and I do NOT think that this product is a good contour bronzer. I use a separate more matte bronzer (Dior) to contour, then I apply a blush and then put this on top of the blush to luminize and bronze just my cheeks. It is too shimmery to put anywhere other than my cheeks (I leave it off my nose and forehead). I think this is a great bronzer though and definitely the packaging is so cute that it is worth the money to me!

Popular Bronzers