October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - London Look Precision Makeup Sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by hannahps

I've been resisting buying the original beauty blender for about a year now because $25 seems ridiculous for a sponge. However, I think this product is a great dupe - less than half the price for essentially the same product. I use this every day and it applies makeup beautifully. I use a BB cream and concealer, and this little sponge makes my whole face (including under eye concealer) look completely natural. I use it slightly damp and squeezed out and wash it about once a week, which seems to work well. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for flawless makeup application for a good price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I haven't tried the beauty blender because like everyone else, I think $26 plus tax for a sponge is crazy. But I love this sponge. This changed my foundation routine for the better. At one point it would take me 20-30 minutes on foundation alone (with brushes) because I was trying to cover up blemishes & hide dry skin - not an easy task. I would end up taking my makeup off and re doing it multiple times.. frustrating & time consuming. When I used this for the first time, I finished my foundation in under 5 minutes! And it looked flawless. Getting the sponge wet allows you to get a natural finish (not cakey). Basically this sponge is fantastic for a quick, flawless application of your foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really really impressed with this sponge! While I've never had the original beauty blender, I've felt it before and I have to say this London Look Prestige Sponge feels nearly identical. I never bought the BB before because $25 for a pink inflatable sponge seemed, well, ridiculous. This looks and does pretty much the exact same thing for way cheaper: is egg-shaped, expands when wet, has a middling firm texture, and applies foundation more sheerly for a natural semi-dewy finish. My only complaint is that the the sponge density doesn't seem to be consistent throughout the whole sponge: when I first got it wet and squeezed out the excess water, there were finger/nail dents on one side. I tried rotating it and squeezing it with the same pressure but it didn't dent anywhere else - just that one random spot. Also when cleaning, it seems like the soap kind of collects in the bottom of the sponge and takes a while to rinse out properly. Nonetheless, I've still very happy with this purchase.

I got mine on sale for $7 at London Drugs and it's totally worth it! Think I'll be using this over my ecotools buffing brush from now on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by billiem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The only dupe to the BB I have found (way better than the MAC or Sephora attempt). It works great, doubles in size when wet, and is very "bouncy". I finally understand what the buzz is all about! So far I have tried this with Matte Velvet Plus and it was wonderful, I am hoping that I will finally be able to make double wear work for me! I am so happy that I found it in Canada - London Drugs for $9.99. PS can someone add London Look as a brand???? It MA wont let me thanks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I am really surprised that this sponge worked as well the BB. I have encountered many BB "dupes" which were not dupes at all but just another 3D sponge on the market. This is the closest I have encountered to it, and because of that I will no longer pay double the price for the BB.

The minor differences between this and the BB are that the London Look (LL) sponge, when dry, is soft but does not have the velvety texture that BB has. The pink is a few shades lighter, but the good part is that this does not bleed any dye during washing---something that the new BB does. The only major difference aside from price is that this sponge is denser and thus holds more water and requires some extra work to squeeze out the excess. The center holds so much liquid that if you don't squeeze it out, as you use the sponge the water emerges to the surface and can give you blotchy foundation application.

The sponge swells to triple its size when wet and is actually bigger than the BB. This may be too large for those with smaller faces, but works well on mine. The larger base makes application of foundation faster and the pointed tip works just the same as BB. Overall, the final results are fabulous and give you a flawless look.

Price point is great and readily available here in BC. Retails for $9.99 and goes on sale occasionally for $7.99 CDN. I'd say this a great alternative to the BB and would highly recommend it.

**Note** I did not experience any tearing when washing as another reviewer did. I will update if that occurs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm saying Yes to buying again because even with a major issue with this one, I would have to buy this again! I read about Beautyblender and found a similar one available at London Drugs (in Canada). This is a pretty, touchable latex free sponge. I paid $11 w/taxes and use it like the beautyblender instructions. It's a lighter pink than the BB, and it swells in water the same. I love it and am going to really enjoy using it. I love the way it makes my skin look natural and my makeup looks fresh and everything is well blended. I was already planning on getting a second so I could rotate them so they fully dry between.

However my major complaint is that after only two uses and two washes (I use Sonia Kashuk cleaner) the sponge suddenly has all these cuts all over over it, slashes, that have broken the surface and cut into the foam. I used it again today, splits and all, and still got a great application....So I'm torn between taking it back on principle, or just keeping it because I don't think I could go a day again without using it! Another idea is to exchange it and see if it happens again. I didn't wash or handle it harshly. Oh well I'll probably keep it, but it bugs me that esthetically it looks like I've abused it for years, or a cat got at it!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No