Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I got the shade vanilla and it was a pretty good match for me (I am very light with a yellow undertone). It wasn't quite yellow enough for my asian skin but nothing too drastic.

So onto the foundation, I'll just say right away that my skin was sensitive to an ingredient in the product, I got little red bumps on my nose and forehead from wearing this. If you have highly sensitive skin like me, beware, this product is highly fragranced - whether artificially or naturally derived, all fragrance is sensitizing to the skin.

But lets just say you aren't sensitive and you don't react to this foundation, I gotta say its pretty damn good. I received a lot of compliments on my skin the days I did wear it. I have slightly dry skin and it made my skin luminous without it being dewy or tacky which I hate. The coverage was light and build able, felt good on my skin as though I'm just wearing a lotion so it is a fantastic option. However, it is not long wearing enough for my 12 hr work days (not that it claims to be) but its something you should keep in mind. The wear time is pretty average but at least when it does wear off its not patchy or weird, you can just tell you lost some coverage throughout the day. So I can see why people love it in general, but obviously, I will not repurchase based on my experience.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a lovely foundation for a great price. I normally wear MAC face & body (in C1), but I was looking for something similar with a bit more coverage for the days when I have a bit of acne and red spots, which F&B does not cover at all.

Bourjois healthy mix serum is exactly what I was looking for. It's creamy, blendable, and nearly undetectable on my skin, while providing medium coverage. It gives a healthy glow to the skin, although not as much as my F&B. It does not cling to dry patches, but I do use a bit of translucent powder to keep my T zone from getting too shiny. It covers most of my minor blemishes nicely with one layer, and a second layer even gets rid of more prominent issues, without looking caked on.

My skin is very fair with yellow undertones, and the lightest shade (vanille clair) works well for me in winter, but I'll probably switch to the second shade (vanille) in summer. If you have pink undertones, this foundation will probably not be a good match for you, as most shades seem pretty yellow.

Since this foundation is not available in stores in my country, I ordered it online and based my choice of shade on the colors that are available for the normal Healthy mix foundation (which is available in stores), and I'd say the shades are pretty similar.

It is lightly scented, but luckily this has not (yet) proved to be a problem for my sensitive skin.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I L O V E I T 💕

My face got really greasy with this foundation and after few hours the foundation seems to be lifting off from my skin.....it's a no go for me......

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm thinking of trying this. Lancôme is my fave but at $47 I'm considrring changing....but nervous to try something new. Will let you know. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation gives a lovely semi-matte finish -- natural and skin-like. On its own, I find that it wears quickly around my T-zone, so I do need other products to prolong the wear. It doesn't cake up when I apply powder over the top. I find the best way is to apply with fingers. I also use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush but I do find it needs a little more work and you have to be careful not to leave any streaks behind. I don't recommend using a beauty sponge, unless you prefer a lighter coverage. I like to build mine up to a medium coverage.

I wear it in the shade 52 Vanille -- I originally bought it for winter but it was too dark. I'm currently scraping down the sides of this bottle, using the last drops. I'm sensitive to alcohol in products and this product contains it -- I can't use it frequently i.e. daily but I can use it 2-4 times a week with no issues. I'm not particularly fond of the fragrance -- I'm partial to fragrance-free foundations. Nevertheless, I can overlook it for the price and the beautiful finish it gives.

I finished 2 bottles of this. It has been my go-to foundation for a couple of years now. Repurchasing a foundation is a testament to its efficiency. Very satisfied with it. Very lightweight, gives a natural finish, it has a light to medium coverage. Perfect for everyday make up. It's a quite popular foundation where I live (Paris, France).
I recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Scent
It has a light, fruity, slightly floral scent that is not at all sickly sweet or powdery. I really like it myself. It smells expensive & refreshing, and it adds to the pleasure of making myself up. The scent disappears once you've applied the foundation.

Texture
Though it's called a "Serum Gel", the texture is decidedly liquid, not gel. It's not so thin that it'll run all over the back of your hand. It is very easy to blend into a thin layer, esp over well-moisturised (i.e. well-prepped) skin.

Coverage
Coverage depends on how much you use. It can go anywhere from ultra-sheer to medium. To get sheer coverage, blend out little dots of foundation, one dot at a time, only over areas where you need coverage. Medium coverage can be gotten by using a full pump of foundation and applied evenly all over the face.

I like using my fingers best with this foundation because of how thin and blendable it is. I smooth over with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush if I still have marks or just to take off some foundation. This only happens when I use a full pump of foundation. Usually I use half a pump or less.

Finish
It has a dewy finish. Looks skin-like, as long as you don't use too much. I recommend building up thin layers to even your complexion. Trust your concealer / colour corrector to do the heavy duty photoshopping of hyper-pigmentation, redness etc.

If you do use a full pump or more, you can definitely tell you have base makeup on, albeit really nice & natural & non-cakey base makeup. A full pump gives a masking effect, despite how dewy the finish is.

This foundation gets caught on flakes. Because it contains pigment (it's a foundation!), it WILL reveal that you have flakes or dry patches on your skin. TBH I think evident peeling is worse than an uneven skin tone. When I know I have a dry patch on my cheek or my nose is peeling, I don't use foundation at all, just moisturiser to kiss the area right again.

Longevity
On my (oily) nose, the foundation stays in place the entire day but gets shinny within 5 hours. A good quality powder is definitely recommended if you have oily skin or oily areas. I use Ben Nye Neutral Set powder. Ben Nye is a professional brand, and its translucent powder, applied softly with a light hand, will hold the foundation & any other creme/liquid product in place for a day and well into the night.

The biggest longevity problem I have with this foundation is that it wipes off very easily. I'd eat spicy food, for example, and blow my nose, and I'd see foundation on the tissue. If I touch my cheek my fingertip sometimes show foundation. Again, if you're worried about this, powder lightly.

I bought mine 2 months ago and I am absolutely Impress with it. I have oily/combination skin, so my concern is always my T-Zone ....but with this foundation, I dont get the greasy oily effect, just a Dewy Glow and healthy skin. I love it!

This is my everyday foundation, and I really like it. I prefer a natural finish, and this is perfect because it has light-medium coverage. In saying that, it's definitely buildable, and won't look cakey even after a few layers. It has a dewy finish, so on hot days I use a powder to set it. You can easily apply it with a brush or with your fingers.

In terms of longevity, it lasts 8-10 hours on me (although it does fade throughout the day). Of course, this will shorten if you live in a hot climate or if you exercise a lot etc.

I also love the quality of this product. The packaging is sleek and feels like a high-end foundation. It also has a light, fruity fragrance which smells divine (although this may be an issue for those with sensitive skin).

As much as I love this foundation, it has a few shortcomings -

Firstly, for a drugstore foundation, it is quite pricey (at least here in Australia). It also has a limited shade range, geared more towards the warmer/lighter skin tones. So if you have a cooler/darker skin tone, you'll probably have to pass on this one.

Another issue I have with this foundation is that it can accentuate your dry patches. I have combination skin; so whilst it smoothly glides over my normal skin, it doesn't work the same on my dry patches. I find that moisturiser alone isn't enough to fix this issue; you have to use a primer as well. Thus, I would not recommend this to those with really dry skin.

Overall, I really enjoy this foundation. A bit pricey, but well worth it if you have the right skin texture and skin tone. Would definitely repurchase.