September 2, 2014 | 1191 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ronjajessica

I have been intrigued about Bourjois products for a very long time. Unfortunately we don't have this particular brand in Finland, but when we visited London, I did go little crazy and bought very many products. Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation was the #1 on my list.

This foundation promises very nice things if you think about it! It promises to give a healthy radiance to your skin, instant anti-fatigue result, coverage that hides imperfections and also it promises to be a very caring towards your skin because of this fruit-vitamin formula. It sounds amazing, right?

So the facts first. This foundation comes in 6 shades (according the Boots website). I cannot say about universal tones of the shades, but the shade I got was nicely yellow toned (52 Vanille is my shade). It supposed to have fresh and instant blending texture, give a very natural finish, give your sking a radince-boost and also it does have this fruit therapy formula (contains litchi, goji berries and pomegranates).
Packaging is a nice plastic bottle with pump. I personally prefer plastic bottles, because it is light and save to travel with. Some may not like this packaging, but it's due to personal preference.

And then to the product itself. Foundation itself is very light in consistency but also very creamy. It does feel very nice on the skin, not heavy or uncomfortable at all. It does blend beautifully with any prefered application method: sponge, fingers or brush.
Coverage is light to medium. It evens out your skintone but also covers any "bigger" imperfections. I do like to layer my foundations and this does layer beautifully. I can cover any ance with this or my very visible acne-scars.
I like the finish of this foundation very much. It is dewy, but not shimmery. It really gives a nice, healthy look to the skin which I really like. I don't really know about the anti-fatigue thing tho, but I'm sure that this foundation does that too.
Staying power is OK. On my combo skin this does stay almost 7 hours but with primer and powder. So I would say that this could stay better on normal or even dry skin, but also us with combo or ever oily skin CAN make this foundation work.
Also this doesn't break me out, which is important. My skin is very sensitive and there is so many products out there that do break me out - unfortunately.
ONE THING THO! This foundation does have a strong fruity scent to it, which is very pleasent, but some people doesn't like having scents in their products or are sensitive to scents, so I think that is a one thing to consider with this product.

So I do really like this foundation. It does look nice on my skin, it does cover what I need covered, it is easy to apply and so on! I would recommend everyone to try this foundation, I think you may really love it if you give it a go!

Then pros and cons:

PROS
+ Medium, buidable coverage
+ Nice, healthy look on the skin
+ Good staying power
+ Easy to apply
+ I like the scent
+ Price is very low
+ High-end feel

CONS
- Scent can be irritating to some of us
- Availability is poor

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but it's not quite perfect for me. The coverage is sheer-light, so I can only use it when I'm having a great skin day with no rosacean flares or acne. It does even out my skintone a bit and has a dewy finish (too dewy for my liking) that can matted out easily with a light dusting of powder. It's very easy to work with - gives me time to distribute before it sets. I apply with my UD Optical Blurring brush for a natural finish, then I go back with my ELDW concealer for any spots/red areas. I'm using shade #51 and it's close to my NC15 warm-undertoned pale skin, though it's slightly too orangey/peachy so it definitely looks like I'm wearing makeup when I have this on. It's slightly too dark for me now (it's summer) so I won't be able to wear it in the dead of winter when I'm NC10. This hasn't caused any breakouts or rosacea so that is a huge plus since I ten to have very sensitive/reactive skin. I love the airless pump dispenser - very hygienic. Thumbs up for this drugstore product which beats out many HE foundations for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really impressed with this foundation. I was looking for various dupes for my Armani Luminous Silk and decided to try this out. The color selection is limited, yet it seems like a lot of people find it to be a good match. I got #52 Vanille and it matches me perfectly. I am an NW 22 in Mac and a 4.75 in Armani. It last a long time, is very natural looking, and smells delicious. At this price, I couldn't be happier, except it is hard to acquire in the United States. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mariakimberely

When wearing this foundation I will cleanse my skin as normal and apply a moisturiser or primer before applying the foundation. I use my bare minerals max coverage concealer brush or my fingers and I find both work well.

I'd say this foundation has an overall good coverage and wear time (if paired with powder). However on red patches it takes more of the foundation to cover and you can still see some red through it. But if you apply a concealer over top that works too.

All in all this is a great foundation as long as you apply a primer/moisturiser. Has enough coverage and doesn't cling to dry patches. Also has a slight smell of fruit which for me I like but for some people i know it can be irritable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Tiiinaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin so I have some dreadful dry patches. I noticed that the foundation does somewhat catch onto those dry patches but if I moisturize very well then my dry patches will not be visible (but still somewhat). I got mine for $28 at my local drugstore which I find quite expensive however for the quality of the product, it's worth it. It does come with a pump which is a win and the product itself works amazing :) It has a very nice finish (semi-matte) and a very nice smell however it may feel a bit greasy. I do have some blemishes and this foundation doesn't cover it all but it is very lightweight on the skin which is greaaat :))

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by chelseaxo

I do like this product don't get me wrong, but I'm still undecided as to how much I like it. For the first 3 hours it's gorgeous. I use one pump, apply it with a stippling brush and without fail I get compliments on how nice my skin looks. It's natural, light and looks like skin. If you're looking for medium-full coverage this foundation isn't for you. However after about 6/7 hours the foundation has thinned and become shiny/oily on my face in my T-Zone area. This would make sense if I had oily skin, but I've always suffered with extremely dry skin - and I used a matte primer as well as powder with the foundation. It's for this reason that I'm not sure about the foundation. The shade 51 Light Vanilla whilst slightly too yellow matches me well, and the finish is great - it's just how the foundation wears that has me skeptical. If you have oily skin, I wouldn't try this one, it most likely won't last

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by alessandrakatigbak

I highly recommend this product to those girls who've got skin that's in pretty good condition. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by nadiaanim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for an everyday foundation in my shade that would be able to give me the same benefits as a korean bb cream, and I thought that this would fit the bill. The most important thing to me is colour match as I am south east asian, and my skin tone is yellow, I am neutral but leans more on warm than cool.

This is a yellow-neutral foundation, and among the drugstore foundations that I have tried and tested in sunlight this was the closest match. However, despite being more yellow than pink like most western foundation colours, this is a cool yellow tone foundation, so if you're asian and you are "blue tone" this would be great for you. I am not a cool tone asian, and so this was slightly ashy on my skin (for reference of my skin tone look into 'mehron eurasia fair'), but my problem was sorted when I added yellow food colouring to warm it up a bit.

Coverage is not full, which is what I was looking for, it looks absolutely beautiful using Wayne Goss "powder before liquid" method, I can do dance rehearsals in this and not feel suffocated. The coverage is enough to even skin tones but not dark pigmentation, redness is however reduced, which is my main concern.

Packaging is sleek and sturdy with a pump, there is a frangrant to it but this subsides upon application.

Texture of the product is good and is easy to work with, even with just fingers. It is a satin finish and does become shiny without setting, lasting power is probably 3-5 hours without setting, but reapplication is hassle free and doesnt look patchy to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Ghalia11

not what i anticipated when i bought this foundation
although it spreads well, the colors are great but it does not last after 3 hours of use it just starts to fade away leaving uneven complexion

maybe it goes well with younger ladies but for me never would buy again
although the price is really reasonable

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Beatuxz

I think this foundation isn't good for oily skin. And the coverage is light like a tinted moisturizer. I just liked the packaging, the fruitty smell and the shade for my skin (52 vanille).