September 30, 2014 | 1463 users online

Mascara - MAC - Studio Fix BoldBlack Lash

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Mekahre

I had some some friends telling me constantly how wonderful and special MAC mascaras were and I never actually paid so much attention until I went to a MAC counter and got one to test by myself. Well, I tried it for around three months and I really liked it, but honestly... it's nothing special. I found that some drugstore brands have products as good as this one, but cost way less. So, although I liked it a lot, I'll probably be looking fot a cheaper alternative in the future. But if you have the money to spend on it, then go for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by alliegv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish this mascara worked for me as well as it did for some of the other reviwers here.
It was runny, absolutely did NOT hold a curl, and did nothing for volume.
I think this mascara would be great for those who have naturally curled lashes, and just want lengthening.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

I was really excited about this product due to reading reviews, however I have felt a little let down. I would class it as average. I do like the style of the brush as it is quite small which means I can be precise, and it does separate the lashes well. For me, I just do not get the length or volume that I am looking for.

I have since given this 4 lipsticks since writing my review, as with two or three coats this mascara really steps up. I also find that it hold the curl from eyelash curlers well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I would really rate this 4.5. It is a beautiful mascara that separates and thickens (with multiple coats) BUT it runs like crazy if you get wet. Most mascaras will hold up against a minimal amount of cool water but not this. Even a little snow on the lashes and it went all over my face...so kind of dangerous if you are facing the elements. On the bright side, it does last all day and doesnt smudge or give raccoon eyes. This is a great everyday mascara but I will need to have a back-up for the summer/vacation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Suzyace

I am very impressed with this.Perfect for daytime, doesn't smudge or flake at all and gives great separation and length. You need to build up for thickness but you can do lots of layers without clumping! Great stuff and well priced compared to Lancome, Estee lauder, YSL etc. It is quite tricky to remove even with an oily cleanser, but it does wash off well with water and a wash cleanser. Thoroughly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! The rubber wand and the formula are just perfect. I always get nice long lashes without clumps. HG material!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised st this mascara. It truly rocks! It hived gray separation, length, and volume. Fir I mention this is s super dark black? My lashes look great. The only thing I didn't care for was the brush. I prefer wands that have bristles and not rubber. However, with the results I'm getting with this mascara, I do not mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:07:00 AM More reviews by dkarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

If there was a Holy Grail of makeup that I look for, it definitely would be mascara. I am consistently on the hunt for a better one, and in my quest have tried out dozens of different brands and types. While I cannot hail this as the Number One, it is definitely in the Top Three.
After trying one MAC mascara and being horribly disappointed, and after reading so many negative reviews of their mascaras, I decided to stick to MAC eyeshadows, powders and lipsticks. However, for some reason, I decided to try out this one - and I am so glad that I did. It gives length, volume, and is black, black, black. Doesn't dry out quickly, doesn't clump, and doesn't flake. The fact that it's not as expensive as "designer" brands is a bonus too. The only little flaw that I could find is that I always need to use a curler beforehand, as it doesn't curl the lashes well.
Definitely will be buying again, and definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I can't believe I'm giving a 5 to a MAC mascara, but what can I say, they're really knocked this one out of the park. My lashes are naturally good and I love dramatic mascaras like YSL. It's easier for me to get volume from a mascara than length; this mascara does just the opposite, giving me really long lashes without any clumping or spider-legs. It looks great on its own, but of course I pair it with thickening mascaras like MUFU Smoky Lash or Prestige's My Biggest Lashes. The result looks incredible and best of all, it lasts all day without flaking or fading.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by VintageDisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SF Boldblack Lash! It is SO pigmented, makes my lashes look like I'm wearing falsies! The mascara itself is super creamy and lightweight, and doesn't flake or clump.

My HG in mascaras! Definitely!