September 3, 2014 | 1138 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avon - Anew Platinum

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

This is a dual purpose product for use on your eyes and lips. It is super thick and has a strange (to me) smell. When applied to my lips but it doesn’t absorb; it just sat there and felt thick and waxy. When applied around my eyes it, once again, it did not absorb yet once it dries it pills up and rolls off my face. I purchased this as part of a trial kit as the product on its own is very expensive ($45.00). I preserved for a month but in the end did not see any changes to my lines around my lips or eyes. While I love the little applicator, in the end I discarded they eye & lip cream plus all the other sample size bottles of the cleanser, day & night cream from the try it kit. For me this product was disappointing and big nay.

*.-~*´¨*¨`*•~-.¸-Iamsherazade-,.-~*´¨*¨`*•~-.*
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I've taken 1 lippie off because I think this may have caused an abnormally huge cyst! I recently broke out right below both of my eyes. I've never really had break outs here before, so my only conclusion is that this thick eyecream caused it. :( I don't recommend using this if you are breakout prone.

I turned 30 this year and noticed some fine lines around my mouth. In just a few days, the lines around my lips are almost gone. My lips look plump and youthful again.

I've also used this on my eyes, but very sparingly and only at night. It's too thick to use during the day for my skintype.

The product is very thick and creamy, so I barely tap my finger into the product and apply. It smells nice and doesn't take long to absorb into the skin.

Such an amazing product from Avon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Thumbs up to Avon, what a pleasant surprise.
This is a thick & heavy duty & very moisturising cream, without the greasiness, without the shinyness, it must have silica & aluminum starch in it (the fine print on the ingredient list is hard to read even with the help of reading glass).
It has colouring agent in it, ever so small amount of white colour, since I put it on my pigmented lips, the natural reddish is being toned down to a pinkish colour but with a matte white almost powder on top.
In order words, I will put this on during the day, but not at night. I don't need the colouring agent on my skin during sleep. Since I went thru a lot of "procedure" this year, my skin is super dry, and this cream is a godsent for all over use. For some reason, this sells for $45 for a 15 gm. jar. But if you order the Platinum trial kit for $25, this gem comes with it ..... yeah, go figure.
I will definitely order a couple more of the Platinum kit, and this cream has a hint of melon smell added, cute glass jar and a nice applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Listen up ladies!! I am writing this about the whole Anew Platinum regimen. I am 57, and use the Reversalist regimen. My 80 yr. old mother has used the Platinum regimen for 3 months and was thrilled when her girlfriends in her women's league started comlimenting her on her complexion. She;s been told that she has a "glow". looks rested, and even asked if she had had some secret "work" done! This line of products is specially formulated for ladies 60 and up. My mom felt that at 80 yrs. old, nothing would make much of a difference in her appearance. Now, she's stockpiling the products lest she run short. I highly recommend this regimen-it's never too late to improve one's appearance! Now, if I could just find her a a nice gentleman companion-LOL!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have not used this long enough for a full review yet, but so far I am impressed. On the whole I have been impressed with the entire Platinum line. I have used Avon skincare for years and they rarely let me down. I look a good ten years younger than I did prior to using it. I enjoy using the little metal roller that comes with it around my eyes and I enjoy using the other end for around my lip area. Will re-visit in a few weeks...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Really on the fence with this one! I decided to start a review since I cannot find any reviews on this product yet. It is a new product but samples/trial sizes are out. I just got mine and have just started to use it so I will update this product in about 2 weeks are so. The very first thing I noticed about this cream is how thick it is. I do like that because that means it will stay where you put it, and not migrate into the eyes as easily. The second thing I noticed was the delicate smell, not bad at all. Lastly, about an hour later, maybe less, is the balling up, or graining up of the material around my eyes! Some great creams do this due to whatever the heck is in the ingredients, and they still give awesome results. Annoying but awesome. Since this is on and around so close to my eyeballs, I am worried about fall out getting into my eyes. I have been sweeping the grains away quickly when I notice the cream has done that and so far it has not been much of a problem.
I have not been using this cream long enough to say if it makes a difference, like I said, but I did want to get this info out there for those interested in this very spendy product. You may want to buy a trial size, or get a few samples first to see if it is something you are willing to deal with in order to see if it really makes a difference in the wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, etc. I can handle about any residue if this stuff actually works! ;-)
I will update later on and may change my rating if I find it is needed. Right now, I am guessing at an overall rating, gave it a 4 due to fall out. Gave it a 5 on price because it is Avon, I find it is to me a lot.
Gave it a 3 on packaging because it is a jar but I always use a small scoop with a jar, not my fingers. ;-)
I said yes on buying it again, because if it works, dang right I will be buying as big a jar as I can get, regardless of any fall out. I will just be more careful and watch for any falling balls. LOL
Oh & BTW, I only used a tiny bit on each eye as that is all there is in one small sample. So I do not think the fall out is from using too much. ;-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No