E.L.F. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 - Mellow Melon

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/16/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging isn't the best because it's sort of big and heavy for a lip balm BUT it nevertheless is a great product for the price. The balm itself gives lips a slight tingle and helps with dryness. The balm is very pigmented so it could be worn alone or over a similar lip color to give it some sheen. Mellow Melon is a coral color and very pretty for Spring/Summer.

on 3/12/2014 4:17:00 PM

Yuck. The smell of this is horrific! It's almost like eating suntan lotion. The colour was pretty but the product was thick and did not moisturize at all.

on 6/8/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to receive this products After I bought it on the website. I had read many good reviews on it. I tried it out and the color looked so good! It was a little light but pretty pigmented. My lips had not been exfoliated so you could see where the color would stick on the dead skin. It applied evenly despite my lips being like that. A while later I noticed I got bumps on my lips and they became really chapped. I was hoping it wasn't this product so I waited until my lips were nourished again and tried the product again. It once again made my lips really chapped and gross looking. I might have had an allergic reaction to it. I would have loved this product if it wasn't for that.

on 2/13/2013 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

ELF is my new HG brand for many makeup products. Just got this balm in Mellow Melon and i LOVE IT. the balm is super moisturizing, not sticky like some glosses, this is definitely more thick than a regular lip balm though. The color looks lovely on my lips, but doesn't seem peachy, just more like a pinkish tint to my tanned lips. It's a steal at $3, less than most other lip balms, still a little bit more than elf prices. Some ppl are talking about smell/taste/burn, I didn't smell or taste or feel anything at all. Many ppl are complaining about the acryilc jar, it is a little bulky but nothing that will stop me from repurchasing this product.

on 2/6/2012 11:44:00 AM

Nice color, it was very creamy. But after a few minutes my lips started burning. I have never had a problem with lip balms, lipsticks, or lip glosses. So I don't know what they have in the balm that I would have that reaction. I am bummed because the color was nice, not too bright. The packaging is a little bulky but I would have dealt with if if I didn't have to wipe it off my lips frantacally after a few minutes.

on 12/26/2011 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm in the middle about this balm. I love that it gives a nice color and that it has SPF. I also love how it makes my lips look, but it gives me the weirdest burn on my lips.It can also be a little sticky, which I don't like a whole lot. As I said the color is beautiful!

the packaging is cool, but a little bulky. It makes it looks like it has much more than it does, which by the way is 7.5 grams. It sells for $3 on their website.

RECOMMEND: For people without sensitive lips who want a lip balm with a more opaque color than most.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I really love the product.The color is beautiful and the moisturizing is great. Before when my lips were dry or chapped I would put on lypsyl lip repair and it helped but it smell and the consistency made it hard to use during the day .I find that this works almost as well as that but without the about the problems. This doesn't slip and slide nor is it thick and goopy, there is a nice balance between the two.I regret now only ordering the one.

The ONLY PROBLEM with this
The packaging SUCKS!Because of the container strange shape(square) it is not that easy to get your hands around and open. It's a twist top that is almost impossible to close even if you were staring right at the two parts and it doesn't get easier with practice.

on 9/2/2011 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really like the color of this, the smell/taste, and the conditioning properties of it! This is a gorgeous coral shade that suits my warm toned, medium NC35/C5 complexion very well. It's a teeny bit sticky, but I don't mind that because I think that makes it stay on better. Like others have said, the bulky packaging doesn't make sense and u have to use a lip brush to apply it because when u use your clean finger, it makes it sticky and colored! I would repurchase tho, because I do love the color. Better non bulky packaging that u don't have to stick ur finger in and this would be a 5.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

E.L.F Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15
Color -Mellow Mellon
Retail - $3
50% Off for $1.50

PROS
-Inexpensive
-Creamy
-Pigmented
-Pleasant smell/taste
-Moisturizes

CONS
-Bulky Packaging
-Melts and Solidifies in different temperatures

on 7/14/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product has a thick, a bit greasy consistency but I like it. There's no glitter in it. It smells divine, like vanilla I think (I'm not good at recognizing scents). It also has a sweet taste but it doesn't bother me.
It is quite pigmented (a coral pink color) so if you don't want it to color your lips you should pick the balm in ''Nice and natural'' instead.
I love the fact it has SPF of 15.
The packaging is quite bulky but I don't mind it. I'm just a bit annoyed that the balm gets under my fingernail every time I try to apply it with my fingers so I sometimes use a a lip brush.
I think it's quite moisturizing but I don't like the feeling when I first apply it, it burns slightly..don't know why.

Edit: I have to take a lippie off for the burning sensation it leaves on my lips right after I apply it. It seems like the edges of my lips are tingling but not in a nice way (like the plumping products usually do it). I don't know what's wrong with my lips since other people don't seem to be having this problem but I do find it almost unbearable.

Popular Lip Treatments