July 28, 2014 | 1093 users online

Pressed Powders - Body & Soul - Pefect Powder(pressed)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this because of the near-perfect reviews, but didn't find it to live up to the hype. As far as positives, the compact is very cute, it doesn't cake or look chalky and you get a large mirror and generous amount. However, it doesn't control oil very well and I found that the powder in the compact oxidizes much faster than nearly everything else I've tried. Sounds like it's a great buy for others, but not so much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by anitalilac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like how matte it makes my skin looks..I had to return a MAC powder becaue I couldn't stand the smell..but this one doesn't bother me at all..I like how big the compact is thus a bigger mirror but it fits nicely in my makeup bag.
Overall, it is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 10:40:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy heck, I love this product! And I am forever grateful to the lovely lady who RAOKed it to me! :D Truth be told, I am not all that particular when it comes to pressed powders Ė in fact my drug of choice is the MAC pressed blot powder because Iím mainly interested in reducing shine since Iíve long given up trying to even out my uneven skin (who knew puberty happened twice in life? Thatís my story and Iím sticking to it . . . hopefully ahem, other things will ďgrowĒ . . . anyway). Anyway, I have this in Brunette and itís a perfect match for my NC 35 skin (well itís a tad darker than that now). I donít really wear foundation, but I do have this cluster of acne scars on the right side of my face that I paint with concealer Ė this powder is miraculous in even-ing out the concealer to match my face and sets very nicely. The packaging is adorable and the large surface area of the powder makes it very accessible. I donít know if I would buy this again since the price tag is rather steep, but man do I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2006 7:11:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, I would buy this product again if I could afford it ! ;)

I love this, it's just too expensive. I love the Q shade for skin with pink or neutral undertones - getting harder to find these days.

You will love this product - the compact is nice and large and attractive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Zeksmarkee

I absolutely love this product! I have been using this for about 3 years now and I don't think I'll ever change. I have combination skin and it is the best for it. It never dries me out and it always gives me a flawless finish. I normally use this as my everyday wear but if you need just a touch up over your foundation, it's just as great. I also use Body and Soul's Beauty Stick Foundation when I want more coverage, which is fabulous, with the Perfect Face as a touch up. A must buy for all!....Bonus the packaging is so beautiful and glamorous, you definitely need it in your bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ygrmyster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kinda pricey, but the compact alone is worth every penny! It has a cute retro style & even the powder puff is cute! To top it off, the powder is great stuff too. I have oily skin and constantly have to use both blotting papers & powder for touch ups. No matter how many times I use the powder, it doesn't get cakey at all. This goes on very smooth & silky and leaves a flawless matte finish. It gives a little more coverage than most pressed powders I've tried, but isn't heavy and chalky. I was getting bored of my MAC blot powder, a HG for me but I get sick of using a product for too long, and I think I've found another great find with this powder. Controls oil fairly well, maybe not as good as the blot powder but better than others I've tried. I'm a MAC C3/BB Sand and I picked the shade Blonde from Sephora, which is a little light for my skin but doesn't make me look pale. I might try Brunette next time, and yes there will be a next time! I will buy this again when I run out, and find use for the old empty compact because it's so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Carolynbeck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great pressed powder, love the packaging..it makes my face feel creamy not flaky-like powder..but also covers oil well thru-out the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2003 11:23:00 AM More reviews by dsouder

I loved this compact, it is so pretty and adorable to use, the powder was very nice and light on my face, I had no caking problem on my oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 10:02:00 PM More reviews by mriaow

I'm loving this powder. I was reluctant to purchase at first, because Body & Soul products are a bit hit and miss with me, and I didn't want to pay for a substandard powder just for the pretty packaging.

I'm so glad I was proved wrong. =) This compact is gorgeous- the powder and the packaging! The powder itself is as smooth as silk, and gorgeously textured. It gives a little bit of coverage- not a translucent powder at all. It's perfect over a sheer, dewy foundation, just to keep shine away, and give a really flawless look. Plus the thing about whipping it out to retouch- it's gorgeous and glamorous!

I use the color Blonde, which is perfect for my NC20-25, Stila B complexion. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst_5

A very expensive powder, but you receive a lot of product in one compact. This is the best pressed blotting powder I've ever used! My search for the perfect powder to keep the 'oilies' at bay is over! I use the shade Brunette, which to me appears lighter in the compact than what I normally prefer (I'm a MAC C35), but this powder is so sheer and translucent, it lends itself to a wide range of skin tones. This forgives the fact that there are only four shades to choose from. The finish is sheer & non-cakey. I apply this throughout the day with no worries of breakouts or streaking. The true test w/ this powder is that it's the only one I can use under my eyes time after time and does not dry my skin or make it crease in this area, which is very rare! A true find!!