December 20, 2014 | 1474 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance - Glitter Glue

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by gsalazar82

I love this! It's awesome with pigments and glittery eyeshadows. It makes my eyeshadow way more vibrant than just a primer alone. I don't recommend it if you're planning on doing a lot of blending though because you will make a huge mess! It works best if you wait about 30 seconds before applying your glitter/eyeshadow because it has to get tacky to really grab and hold onto the shadow. It feels kind of thick at for st but it doesn't weigh down or feel like too much once it's on my lid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been put to the test with some badly behaved products and lasted the distance outwitting those pesky cream shadows and glitters that tend to have a migration pattern all of their own - so it is a keeper and will be a future repurchase. Easy to apply, I love these tubes with the nozzles as find them hygienic and great for dispensing just the right amount of product.

This formula is quite tacky and dries down a little but stays a bit sticky for glitter to adhere to which it does beautifully - and there's no fall out - yay! Iv'e been using this lately with Illamasqua cream pigments and loose pure pigments and they last all day true to colour and no creasing. After a few hours with these cream pigments I used to get some pretty unattractive crease lines but with glitter glue the world is right again.

Not great for powder shadow as really hard to apply but if you are using a little powder in your eye look with cream shadows it certainly gives the colour some "omph". I have tried this primer with NYX Jumbo pencils but find they still crease a little after a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I always use an eye shadow primer, but I wanted a primer specifically for very loose and/or glittery eye shadows, so this product was recommended to me by a sales associate at Sephora. This glitter glue literally lives up to its name as an actual glue for glitter. My loose/glitter shadows are more vibrant and pigmented and the glitter/shimmer stays on my eyes and in place instead of falling out onto my face when using this product. This primer lasts forever, too. I've had this product for about 2 years (I don't use this every time I apply eye makeup, only when using loose/glitter pigments) and there is still a bit of product left, plus the consistency doesn't change over time, so it stays tacky and continues to work well and will not get runny or lose its adhesiveness. I only use this for loose and glitter pigments because it's a bit too tacky for my preference to use with pressed powders, but you certainly can use this as an every day primer if desired.
The best way to use this primer, in my experience, is to apply to the area where you want the glitter or pigment to be and wait for ~30 seconds then apply the pigment, and repeat on the other eye. It is best not to wait too long or else the pigment won't adhere as well because the primer won't be as tacky when more dry on the eyelid, but it also doesn't work as well when the pigment is applied too soon after putting on the primer because the pigment will adhere more to the "wetter" areas of the eyelid and won't look consistent when finished. It's kind of tricky at first and there is a bit of science to it, but when used appropriately, this glitter glue is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

So I know this is for glitter and what not, but this eyeshadow primer has turned into a favorite of mine for every day use. I find when I use this with my normal makeup routine, I have probably 90% less fallout from shadows, and the colors appear more enhanced and vivid on my lids. The consistency is quite sticky, which is why it is great for glitter and shimmer - but I swear to you it works on all eyeshadows textures (including matte!)

I apply a very small amount of this OVER my eye concealer when i'm ready to do my eye makeup. With any other primer I would put it under the concealer, but this product is so sticky/tacky that if you apply concealer over it - it won't glide on or blend smoothly. You want to put the tiniest amount possible on, and focus it on where you get creasing. If you do that, you will have brighter, more enhanced shadows that will stay on all day with no creasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect for glitter... Just apply a small amount, wait about 20 seconds, and pat glitter on top. Love it. Nothing else has done the job for me like TF Glitter Glue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS MY HG!!!!
it may not be cheap but it works so well. nothing else works compared. i only wear loose pigment and glitter eye shadows as i like a bright and bold eye. if i apply pigment without this product it does not show at all. you really fail to realise how beautiful eyeshadows and glitters are etc without this product...this product brings eyeshadows etc to life!! when you look at your glitter pigment and sighhhhh and hope that how it looks in the pot will be how it is on your eye....you'll never have to sigh again !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! This stuff is amazing. I bought a baked micro-glitter eyeshadow palette by Sephora and could not get it to say on my eyes for nothing, it wouldn't even stay on my eyeshadow brush! I resorted to patting it on my lids with my finger for any color to show up! The SA at Sephora suggested this, and omg, the colors became pigmented and STAYED, there was almost no fallout. I will forever use this!
Since you only need a tiny amount, the tube should last you for a long time, so it's worth the price.
I start with MAC Painterly then add the Glitter Glue and finally whatever sparkly shadow I'm in love with, and I'm done, no touchups, just shimmery pigmented beautiful eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Megzilla30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! I love glitter shadows but hate the fallout all over my face. This stuff does the job! I had pushed my glittery UD shadows to the back because I just was sick of the mess,I just got this today and tried it with one of my UD shadows and WOW,it really works!
Now it doesn't 100% prevent fallout when applying but it's very minimal. I find it very easy to blend my shadows on to this primer,I created a beautiful,glittery smoky eye in a matter of 10 min.
I also own the original Too Faced primer and love that as well. These products do not disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a must have product if you use glitter shadows! I am able to use my glitter heavy UD shadows (Mowie Wowie, Midnight Cowboy, Grifter) without any messy fall out! Be warned, this is not your average primer, you will not be able to blend over it! Glitter Glue does not play nice with regular shadows. I usually use my regular primer over my entire lid, then apply my crease and highlight shadows, then pat a tiny bead of GG onto my lid and press my glitter over top of it. Works like a charm, and I am kicking myself for not buying this long before now!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this for glitter. And that is what I bought it for. I do my makeup with regular primer and then do a thin layer of this, wait about 30 seconds for it to get tacky, apply your glitter and forget it. Your glitter will. not. move! It's amazing!

I attempted to use it with regular eye shadow. But it was really grabby and kept pulling. So product wouldn't go on smoothly.

Bottom line- amazing glitter primer! You only need a little bit to cover your eye. And it holds your glitter all day! Love love love!