April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I got this as a gift, so I actually don't need to care about the price. When I first tried it, it was amazing! It went on really black, really evenly, it always creates a lot of length and volume and spreads the lashes well. And it didn't flake and almost didn't smudge at all during the day (which is REALLY rare for me)! The problem is... after some time, this began to clump and make my lashes stick together to the point that I thought might not use this any more (2/3 of the tube left). The only thing that made this better was pumping the want vigorously in the tube (which I never do, really) and use another mascara want to brush my lashes out after application of this.

I find the shape of the wand a bit annoying: it's NOT as in the first picture - the hairs don't stand out in every direction, but are placed in a rather loose spiral (see the third picture), which doesn't give much separation when the product gets drier.
I loved this at first and even considered buying it when I ran out, but I think I will pass on this one - if the brush was better and I didn't need another brush to separate my lashes, this might be worth it - the formula is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The last couple of years I strayed from this and was using drugstore brands and I have been struggling with irritation along my lash line on and off. I recently returned to this because of a gift with purchase this Christmas and since I'm using this again I've not had any irritation whatsoever. This doesn't clump or flake off during the day and I haven't experienced smudging on my lower lash line unless I tear up from cold wind or cry. I like the way it applies, smooth and clumpless and then dries for a second coat and no clumps again, so very build-able. So many mascaras I've tried that apply dry and clumpy and then flake off during the day, this is actually pleasant to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by angiebabiexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

AMAZING!!!
great for all lashes
and is so easy to get off

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tonij1993

I was originally given this as a gift and thought I'd try it out. Love at first sight! My lashes were fuller, thicker, voluminous - I can't fault it. I think the thick brush on the wand is great, separates my eyelashes brilliantly.

When I went to repurchase the item, the only mascara I could get a hold of at the time was the original sumptuous which I heard a lot of good things about so thought I'd give it a go but it just didn't give my eyes the same *pop* as the extreme so definitely sticking with the extreme.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by LetsTalkMakeup07

I really like this mascara but I can't decide if I like this one or the original sumptuous better. It goes a great job lengthening my lashes without clumps. However, over time when this mascara starts drying out it starts flaking. This was a great product to try but I probably would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

did anyone else's dry out! my product was ok at the start but for some reason my mascara dried out really quickly!! I only had it for about 2 weeks and am very disappointed! took it back to DJ'S and got a refund! not happy!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Beautyguru101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I love lots of volume in my eyelashes, and this definitely gets the job done, but you have to know how to use the product to it's fullest potential.
On it's own, this product is not that fantastic. It clumps and does not separate well. But I have found the best way to use it is to layer it with a lengthening/separating mascara. Loreal's telescopic has been my go-to match. I normally add a layer or two of that, and top it off with a few swipes of the sumptuous extreme. It makes a HUGE difference! Lots of volume, especially coming from the roots, and it won't clump as easily. If you like very big volume in lashes, play around with a sample of this product (Estée Lauder gives them in freebees all the time). I promise you'll love the dramatic affect!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Rosahelen

This product is horrible!!!!!

it makes my eyelashes spidery and makes them stick together. I have big eyes yet I find that the brush always smudges onto my eyelid. it is a complete waste of money and I will not be repurchasing it. As for the packaging it is the same as any other mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a GWP. I am not at all impressed by this mascara. I found that I had to be extra careful with it because it has a tendency to make lashes stick together. There are so many other, superior mascaras out there (especially drugstore mascaras). I'd never go purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have big, round eyes and the big, fat brush is perfect for me. My eyelashes are light and straight and this product gives them a fabulous lift. No need for an eyelash curler! Originally got the mascara on a GWP but have now purchased it. It is very expensive but far superior to the many brands I've tried before. I love it!