Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

3.9

on 3/28/2015 12:16:00 PM

I love what this mascara does with my lashes. It gives the most dramatic lashes I've had. It' also the biggest brush I've ever used (even though I've used Max Factor False lash effect, for example, which also has a big brush).
It does smudge a bit on my brow bone, which is unfortunate. But not a much as the Maybelline Rocket. I also don't use it on my lower lashline, but I almost always use something different there.
I once didn't twist the cap on properly and didn't notice until next time. So, not sure if it was my lameness or it's easy to think you've closed it but it's not closed completely.
It doesn't flake.
I did say I would buy it again. Not sure, 'cause I like to try out new ones sometimes.

on 3/2/2015 3:35:00 PM

I got this as a tester from an Estée Lauder counter. The mascara went on beautifully it fanned out my lashes (even the hard to get ones near the end) it went on lovely but my overall look wasn't different from my drug store mascara.

on 3/2/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mascara! It's very spendy, but the brush is fantastic. The formula is very moist, but dries a bit over time. I love that I usually only need 1 coat on each eye. It usually lasts me a long time. It's an awesome splurge mascara.

on 2/7/2015 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is really good!

You get thick, fuller and really Nice laches in a few minutes!
My current favorite was Lancomè Hypnose was my favorite, but this is better on the volume part. My current favorite is still my favorite because of the lenght that it gives.
I hated the brush in the beginning, bacause it is HUGE, lol. But now im used too i and like it, bacause it seperates my lashes really well, and the brush is great too apply it in the corners of my eyes. Try it if you have short lashes, that need volume. I think you will love it!

on 2/3/2015 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well, I do prefer the regular Sumptuous over Extreme.
The brush is big and the formula wet. Adds decent volume and minimal length. Wears quite nicely retaining the curl and lasts long.
What I don't like is that the brush comes out loaded with unnecessary product which is messy and I wouldn't like to swipe so much off every time. Also the lashes don't look or feel soft but rather crispy.
Won't repurchase.

on 1/12/2015 11:09:00 AM

I got a free sample of this from a magazine. As soon as I started to put it on, I thought, 'why don't I always buy expensive mascaras, they are worth it really, because they feel so lovely when you put them on!'. It does. It feels great, smooth and light and caring. But the look isn't that different from cheaper mascaras. And I remembered why I don't always buy expensive mascaras, now. They come off. I always have black black under-eyes by the end of the day because expensive mascaras (maybe it's precisely because of that caring, smooth, light formula) come off my lashes. I know this doesn't happen to everyone and that mascaras are, for some reason, impossible to recommend to other people because we all seem to have incredibly unique experiences with them. It could be because I'm part East Asian and have sort of fleshier eyelids with flatter lower-lashes and other eyes have a more naturally bouncy-away-from-the-eye lash curl. Anyway, that's what I get from the Sumptuous Extreme: lovely, lovely feel. Not bad but not outstanding looks. Doesn't last half a day before it's all over my face.

on 1/2/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love. Went on smoothly and did not smudge. A total winner for me.

on 11/1/2014 5:09:00 PM

I rarely frequent the EL counter these days. I was previously enamored with their automatic lip pencil in the shade, "Fig," a wonderful neutral plum tone that worked with so many things. But I've since moved on to other pencils, so I usually just walk by EL and reminisce about the days when my signature scent was "White Linen" or "Beautiful." For whatever reason, I stopped by the counter and asked what they have to offer in the way of faux lashes in a tube. The sales associate said "Sumptuous Extreme" was the one to try , "This sells." She warned me about the too big brush being a bit of pain in the keister to use. I am thrilled with this product. Long, thick lashes, no smudging or transfer issues. Doesn't weigh my lashes down - helps keep the curl. There is a little clumping on the second coat, but that's when this mascara takes your lashes from meh to wow. I'm hooked.

on 7/19/2014 11:07:00 PM

Too expensive for the quality. Very wet, huge brush, thick formula. I guess it looks ok when it's on but.... Not worth the price tag.

on 6/15/2014 8:53:00 PM

I have three different mascaras in my makeup kit right now. One ck, one maybelline & sumptuous extreme. New applications of ck & maybelline always burn my eyes. The Estée Lauder does NOT do this. Plus, it curls, lengthens and makes my lashes look fuller. I will buy over and over again.