August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Toners - Humphreys lilac witch hazel skin softening facial toner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by StinkFoot

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think of this as a toner -- I use it like a post-cleansing moisture boost because of the hyaluronic acid it contains. While my face is still damp (I feel like this is important when using topical hyaluronic acid), I pool a little into the palm of my hand and just smooth it onto my face with my hands (like a man putting on after-shave). Then, when that is just starting to dry, I put on my oil/moisturizer to seal it in. The usual dry spots on my face are noticeably flakier when I don't use this -- it seems to help prevent my moisturizer from just sitting on top of my skin while it flakes underneath.

It smells really nice too, but the scent fades quickly. It's not going to compete with anything you're wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall super toner! Certified Organic Too!
Astringent and refreshing but leaves my skin a little softer and feeling better. Not too harsh with a very light pleasant smell. This toner has some great natural ingredients (no Parabens) - Aloe, Cucumber, B5 and Hyaluronic acid to moisturize & sooth. Natural fruit acids to slightly exfoliate. I love that it has red, black, green tea and turmeric which is good for skin health. This toner did not dry my skin out or make it feel gooey or a filmy on my face. It also helped a little with oil control. If I did not use a cleanser in the morning this toner lifted dirt if any & made my face feel really clean. I have had no bad reactions at all using this toner. Overall I recommend this toner for normal, combo & oily skin individuals. For dry skin it may work for you if you moisturize & it does not have alcohol in it.
Sensitive skin - you may want to test a corner of your face first just to be safe. I will be buying this again. I got it at a health food store Chamberlens here in Fl. for around $6.
Ingredients: Filtered water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, vegetable glycerin, sodium pca, hyaluronic acid, panthenol (pro-vitamin b5), allantoin, extracts of [ arnica montana* (arinica), calendula officinalis* (calendula), camellia sinensis* (white tea), aspalathus linearis (red tea), camellia sinensis (black tea), camellia sinensis (green tea), cucumis sativus (cucumber), carica papaya (papaya), ananas sativus (pineapple), hedychium coronarium (awaphui), althara officianlis (marshmallow) root, dianthus superbus (lilac pink herb), curcuma longa (tumeric)], polysorbate 20, hydrogenated castor oil, phenoxyethanol (rose essence), ethyl hexyl glycerin and fragrance, * certified organic

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No