October 30, 2014 | 1348 users online

Blush - Bourjois - Duo Effet Sculpteur

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Kalaelmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually went to buy a matte bronzer to sculpt my face. But was in a bit of hurry and grabbed this product, shade no 2, instead. And I was surprised. Combined with a bit of their healthy mix foundation I was like: is this my skin? The blusher evens skin so well. I do contouring with it and also eye defining. And it looks very natural. So natural I couldn't confirm whether it lasts all night or not:)
Perhaps I need a little darker shade.
The highlighter is great for an party makeup. It resembles glittering eyeshadow and definitely would work also great as such. I wouldn't use it at daytime. But that's just me liking no makeup on look. I think I'd rather use something that looks more like a glow with no sparkling bits in it. Though they are tiny in this product. Body shop radiant highlighter is more modest and suits better for me.
As for the brush in the box - it is possible to do your highlighting with it. For shading it's too small. But, on evening out it's great to quickly take out the box and add more shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I lovee it and very like bourjois duo effet blush than my nars blush powder.I bought shade 03 rosey medium skin tone.This stuff brightening my face.And also i like so much part shimmer highlight.I apply in browbone,apple cheek even my nose..OMG its so pretty not over shimmer discoball.I hope bourjois not d/c that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by anndrealynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ive been a fan of Bourjois products for awhile now. they are all quite reasonably priced and always come in cute packaging.
This blush comes as a compact with a mirror and small brush which is pretty much useless, as most that come with blushes generally are. the blush comes as a matte shade and a shimmer shade. The matte shade works well as a contour just underneath the cheek bone and the shimmer works perfectly on the apples of the cheek to help highlight and reflect light. i also use the shimmer shade just under the brow and anywhere else i want to highlight and it works quite well in that aspect. Im not sure how many different shades this blush actually comes in, but the couple that i have suit me really nicely.
Overall, this is a great quality product at a good price. the only improvement they could make is if they got rid of the brush that doesnt get used anyway and replace it with more of the actual blush. i use this blush quite regularly and will continue to buy it. highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by orchidmyst

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this new Bourjois blush when it came out because a few of my favourite blushes and my HG highlighter are by Bourjois, also this product was highly praised by some Japanese makeup artist. This blush comes with a matching highlighter which is a great idea. When I went to purchase, I was advised to try the 04 Teint Medium Dore (a medium honey beige shade), which is for medium golden skintones. I have light-medium skintone and this blush looked so awesome that I ran out to buy two more - 02 Teint Clair Dore (a lighter honey beige shade) for fair golden skintone and 03 Teint Medium Rose (a muted pink) for medium pink skintone. These blushes all look very boring and muddy but when applied, they look very nice and natural. It will be very hard to overdo this blush. The highlighter of this product brightens the face overall and nicely accentuates the blush. I do not find any chunks of glitter when using the highlighter. The highlighter and blush are pressed a bit harder than the usual Bourjois round pot blushes but I find that this is better because too much product won't be applied. I do noticed that choosing the shade meant for you skintone is a good idea because that really is the one that looks best. A lot of research and effort was put in in creating this product and the 04 shade is one of my favourite blushes to use now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by ladymoonlight

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got this blush in 02 Fair golden skintone. I value this much higher than the popular Bourjois blushes. This is a very nice powder blush, easy to pick on the brush, easy to apply. Lasts pretty long time, the packaging is a quite classy case equipped with a mirror and a brush. Although I use my own brush, the one attached is not that bad and can be used for touch ups on the go. I wouldn't call this shade a blush, though. The colour is on the brownish side therefore I use is rather as a bronzer or a sculpting tool ( as the product's name suggests).
I've rated this product 4 because it does have some disadvantages. First of all I hardly ever use the highlighter. Instead of a soft sheen it gives a sort of brocade effect, the particles being so coarse. And secondly good packaging did not prevent it from cracking, the highlighter part arrived broken from the shop. But overall this is a decent blush/bronzer at a decent price.