November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Powder - Coastal Classic Creations- Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SoSherry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased $50 worth of makeup from Coastal Classics and was not happy with anything. The foundations were very sheer and did not go on well. I was unhappy with all the foundations and concealer type products. The lipstick had the smell/taste like it was very old. The color was not what I had hoped for either but the smell/taste was enough to turn me off. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I have been slowly eliminating toxic products from my daily routine. I did some research and found CCC's website. Loved their philosophy and ordered their kit. It was about $150 for several products and the only thing I like is the mascara. The texture of their powder products is very coarse. Like they need to be more finely milled and more pigmented. The foundation felt like rubbing sand on my face. Luckily I found The All natural face. Whose products are inexpensive, non toxic and work really well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cgregory25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like Coastal Classic products, because they're so non-toxic, but their foundations simply do not cover anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the very first natural foundation I tried, and I was NOT pleased with the results. I purchased the sample size of the "Ivory Wheat" foundation, along with the base primer. The powder ended up being too dark for my very fair yellow toned skin, and gave absolutely ZERO coverage. :( It applied very unevenly and look extremely cakey. I ended up washing it off right away. While mineral makeup in general doesn't give me enough coverage, I found Alima Pure mineral foundation to be far superior.
However, I have been very pleased with the facial care products I have purchased from Coastal Classic Creations, and their customer service is fantastic. If you want to try out their makeup, they offer really neat trial size bags where you can mix and match what you want (I ended up purchasing the "Coastline Makeup Bag".
***After trying countless natural/organic foundations, I have FINALLY concluded that Gabriel Cosmetics works the best for me. The combination of their Liquid Foundation and Dual Powder gives wonderful coverage without causing greasiness or breakouts!*** :)
Hope this review helps!
EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. Not super natural, but at least the formulation is without parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, etc. :)