November 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Eye Primer - Jesse's Girl - Eyeshadow Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Updated review 9/4/14: This causes my shadows to crease on my oily eyelids. So far, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion are the only primers that do not cause shadows to crease on my oily lids. I'm knocking the rating down to a one since it does not work on an oily person like myself. It may work wonderfully for people with dry skin.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Makeup Alley and You Tube for steering me to this product because I NEVER would have purchased this on my own. First of all, you have to go to Rite Aid to get it...and it's ALWAYS sold out, at least where I live. The other thing is the cruddy Jesse's Girl display. The product looks like a mascara or a tube of lipstick. After searching for this for months, I came across it and almost didn't even see it when it was right in front of my nose. There I was in Rite Aid buying more makeup that I don't need. I wandered over to the ghetto looking Jesse's Girl display hoping to find this raved about product. I see three tubes there but what are they? I pick them up; examining them like ancient artifacts unearthed in an ancient tomb somewhere. YES...this is the product I have been searching high and low for! I quickly snapped up all three tubes...sorry other Jesse's Girl shoppers...what can I say anyway besides the fact that I'm a selfish, selfish girl.

This product is a definite straight up dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've used a ton of eye primers and TFSI is my all-time fave. It keeps my shadows from creasing and it is not hard to blend out. This product made my shadows last all day on my oily lids. If you are an oily girl like me, snap this stuff up. If you can't find it at Rite Aid, order it from the Jesse's Girl website. This stuff is a keeper and less than half the price of TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried Lorac, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Mac eye primers and they all crease on my oily lids. UDPP is the only primer that does not crease on me. But I found this Jessie's girl primer at my local riteaid for $5 which is amazing! Quality and texture is almost identical to UDPP and keeps my makeup upto 10 hrs. I have used it on bridesmaids on a hot and humid summer day and it worked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last for the whole day
-- I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes
- blends very easily
- leaves my eyelids matte and very smooth

Cons:
- the packaging
-- it's a black rectangular plastic tube with a wand

I love this product so much that I use it every day. I'm also running out of it already. Problem: how am I supposed to get the rest of the product out when it's in a hard plastic tube?! I would advise you to transfer the product into a jar so it's easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by michie101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works great... I have very oily eyelids and nothing stays put... I've tried several brands but this one is one I would totally buy again...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LA89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe I did not find this product sooner!!! I have been using the NARS eyeshadow primer before this and let me just say that this five dollar primer blows Nars out of the water. Goes on really nicely and has a little bit of a nude type color to it at first that fades as you blend it with your fingers. I apply this product on my eyelids then blend it out with my fingers. After I apply my eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara and the products stay on all night ( and by all night I mean through the whole night of dancing for hours at a club then going to another bar across the street then surviving me accidentally rubbing my eye.) Overall the shadows seem to last longer and look more vibrant when I use this product to underneath to prime. I love this stuff.

The only con I have with this product is that it dries too fast for my liking so if you put it on the lid and don't blend away in time it will dry up and you will have to wash off that lid or take it off and reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love! I have oily lids and allergies that cause watery eyes and I bike places and get sweaty but my eyeshadow does not budge because of this wonderful product. The packaging is also really nice. You do have to wait for the stuff to dry which is a bummer and it's more difficult to blend color evenly when using it but those things matter not when it comes to a heavy-duty primer like this. I've already bought a tube for my mom and she is happy enough with it to boot her Lancome primer habit. Hooray Rite Aid!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works just as well as UDPP for 1/3 of the price. The only problem is, it's hard to find. The only place I know that carries it in my neck of the woods is Rite Aid, but it always seems to be out of stock. I bought two but I'm running out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by danafoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear a light gold shadow nearly every day and I had noticed horrible creasing as the day went on. I saw this at work and it wasn't very expensive, even less with my discount! I wasn't expecting much but the more I use it the more I like it. it dries matte and provides a great base for my eyeshadow in one simple step, and I have noticed no creasing. will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by claresmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very affordable, effective substitute for the far more expensive eye primers, such as Urban Decayís, that spreads with a doe-foot applicator and dries very quickly to a matte finish. Itís so transparent that after it dries I usually add a very, very thin layer of the yellow Physicianís Formula Mineral Wear talc-free correcting concealer both over and under my lids to hide the darker pigmentation there and provide a neutral base for my shadow. Iíve noticed that since Iíve begun using the JG primer, its pink tone, although quite subtle, softens the yellow of the PF concealer and yields a far more natural effect. Iíve also been using a swipe of the JG primer under my eyes before applying the PF yellow concealer there and found that it prevent the concealer from gathering in the lines and thereby emphasizing them. For those whose pigmentation issues are milder than mine, the JG primer might suffice on its own, while for those who already use yellow concealer to minimize dark circles, adding the JG primer may well yield a more subtle result.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

works great for me (and i have very oily eyelids - i usually use victorias secret lasting fx primer & a mac paint pot over that.) i can use this primer by itself and it lasts all day w/o creasing. i'm really happy that my rite-aid has started carrying jesse's girl stuff; all of it is great quality &super affordable!