July 26, 2014 | 933 users online

Eye Primer - Jesse's Girl - Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried Lorac, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Mac eye primers and they all crease on my oily lids. UDPP is the only primer that does not crease on me. But I found this Jessie's girl primer at my local riteaid for $5 which is amazing! Quality and texture is almost identical to UDPP and keeps my makeup upto 10 hrs. I have used it on bridesmaids on a hot and humid summer day and it worked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last for the whole day
-- I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes
- blends very easily
- leaves my eyelids matte and very smooth

Cons:
- the packaging
-- it's a black rectangular plastic tube with a wand

I love this product so much that I use it every day. I'm also running out of it already. Problem: how am I supposed to get the rest of the product out when it's in a hard plastic tube?! I would advise you to transfer the product into a jar so it's easier to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by michie101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works great... I have very oily eyelids and nothing stays put... I've tried several brands but this one is one I would totally buy again...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LA89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot believe I did not find this product sooner!!! I have been using the NARS eyeshadow primer before this and let me just say that this five dollar primer blows Nars out of the water. Goes on really nicely and has a little bit of a nude type color to it at first that fades as you blend it with your fingers. I apply this product on my eyelids then blend it out with my fingers. After I apply my eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara and the products stay on all night ( and by all night I mean through the whole night of dancing for hours at a club then going to another bar across the street then surviving me accidentally rubbing my eye.) Overall the shadows seem to last longer and look more vibrant when I use this product to underneath to prime. I love this stuff.

The only con I have with this product is that it dries too fast for my liking so if you put it on the lid and don't blend away in time it will dry up and you will have to wash off that lid or take it off and reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by dweebyhawkeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love! I have oily lids and allergies that cause watery eyes and I bike places and get sweaty but my eyeshadow does not budge because of this wonderful product. The packaging is also really nice. You do have to wait for the stuff to dry which is a bummer and it's more difficult to blend color evenly when using it but those things matter not when it comes to a heavy-duty primer like this. I've already bought a tube for my mom and she is happy enough with it to boot her Lancome primer habit. Hooray Rite Aid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works just as well as UDPP for 1/3 of the price. The only problem is, it's hard to find. The only place I know that carries it in my neck of the woods is Rite Aid, but it always seems to be out of stock. I bought two but I'm running out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by danafoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear a light gold shadow nearly every day and I had noticed horrible creasing as the day went on. I saw this at work and it wasn't very expensive, even less with my discount! I wasn't expecting much but the more I use it the more I like it. it dries matte and provides a great base for my eyeshadow in one simple step, and I have noticed no creasing. will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by claresmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very affordable, effective substitute for the far more expensive eye primers, such as Urban Decayís, that spreads with a doe-foot applicator and dries very quickly to a matte finish. Itís so transparent that after it dries I usually add a very, very thin layer of the yellow Physicianís Formula Mineral Wear talc-free correcting concealer both over and under my lids to hide the darker pigmentation there and provide a neutral base for my shadow. Iíve noticed that since Iíve begun using the JG primer, its pink tone, although quite subtle, softens the yellow of the PF concealer and yields a far more natural effect. Iíve also been using a swipe of the JG primer under my eyes before applying the PF yellow concealer there and found that it prevent the concealer from gathering in the lines and thereby emphasizing them. For those whose pigmentation issues are milder than mine, the JG primer might suffice on its own, while for those who already use yellow concealer to minimize dark circles, adding the JG primer may well yield a more subtle result.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

works great for me (and i have very oily eyelids - i usually use victorias secret lasting fx primer & a mac paint pot over that.) i can use this primer by itself and it lasts all day w/o creasing. i'm really happy that my rite-aid has started carrying jesse's girl stuff; all of it is great quality &super affordable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really have grown to love this primer- its affordable, cruelty free and does its job well. I really do love it! as much as i love my Elf Eyelid primers, i love this too!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- This primer will cost you $6-7 and its available at Rite Aids. (depending on your area bc i have heard some Rite Aids dont carry Jesses Girl sadly) I do wish that this brand would branch out and become more readily available to the masses but so far, Rite Aid. Im not sure if you can buy online or not Its a decent price but i like my Elf Eyelid primers that are only $1 but this is worth the price.
SHADE/FORMULA- this primer is a pinkish skin tone color that does blend into the skin without altering the lid color. it does slightly even out the veins and discoloration. the formula is more on the wet side. at first i didnt like it since it was more liquidy but it does dry fast and it actually makes it easier to blend without worrying that the primer is drying too quick that it will leave chunks of primer, this doesnt do that. its a sheer skin tone color. The formula is more wet but dries to blend into lid. this does all a primer should do- provides a base so that your shadows have something to stick to, it evens out hyperpigmentation, it makes shadows more vibrant/ make them stand out more as well as Keep that shadow on hours longer than they would on their own. it prevents creasing and fading. this is an excellent primer for those with normal, dry or oily lids. its fantastic!! its often compared to the UDPP- same formula, consistency and it works just the same!
PACKAGING- this comes in a matte black tube (like a gloss) that is rectangular shape (its easy to stand up) there is a twist close lid with a doe foot applicator that helps make it easy to apply to the lid & under lash line. I like the packaging. its black with white lettering/labeling. make sure if you are going to buy this though, to make sure its the EYE PRIMER since Jesses Girl has an Eyeshadow Transformer that has the same exact packaging. (i almost did it) its simple, clean and can fit in your travel makeup bag. its sturdy and not cheap looking at all.
i love this primer- id def repurchase it when i run it. i do see it being a slight problem for when it starts running out since most of the time the wand dont reach the whole way to bottom or the whole way around so i may bend the wand or cut it open somehow? i like to get ALL THE PRODUCT out of my makeup! im cheap yea but i dont care. I do really enjoy that it keeps my shadows put and vibrant and fresh for over 8 hrs. no creasing, no fading! so iif you are looking for an affordable primer that works very well- just like UDPP for a fraction of the price you'd pay for HE eye primers, give this a shot. Available at Rite Aid where Jesses Girl Cosmetics are sold!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No