Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon

4.6

on 1/2/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love matte lipstick and I was looking for a fairly natural matte lipstick with a hint of pink. I have Berry Nude. It's seriously a great! I have serious problem with matte lipsticks being too drying, but the pencils do not dry out your lips very much and that staying power isn't too bad. Like someone else already commented, Berry Nude what Nars Sex Machine (which I also own) should've been. In fact, I might even like this pencil better than the comparable Nars Matte pencil.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought it in rosy nude which is an orange based red. The crayon is truly matte and easy to apply. It does not bleed or smudge easily but it will fade with eating or drinking, otherwise fairly longwearing. Overall a pretty, retro-looking color and I would repurchase although I prefer blue reds.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I noticed my target was sold out of these almost completely they had a nude color and rosey nude. Red lips are my staple so I grabbed the last rosey nude. At first The name confused me as the color at the end of the stick was a beautiful true red but it was called rosey nude but I shrugged it off. When I tried out it all made sense, a few swipes and you got a natural rosey red color, a few more you got a gorgeous matte red lip that some how still looks natural -ish. I love the matte texture. It's truly matte almost powdery but doesn't dry you out. It last throughout drinking pretty well but may need another application after food. But it wears off in a lovely way. Very light and just an all around good everyday sort of red if your into that.

on 10/7/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have two of these - in Rosey Nude and Berry Nude - and I am a bit in love. They are quite matte, which is not usually my favorite, but tends to make the color last and look very natural. They are at Target for under $8. They do need to be sharpened with a sharpener, but I can live with that.

I got Rosey Nude first, because there were only two of these true-red pencils left and I figured that meant they were in demand and probably pretty good. I was right. With reddish hair and fair skin, I don't normally do red lips. But this is an amazingly wearable color, even on me! I figure that it probably looks even better on darker skin tones and on people who wear red more often.

I wanted to break out of my rut for fall, and this is a good way to do it.

Next, I got Berry Nude because I liked the first one a lot but wanted to try a more neutral color. It's lovely - dark enough to show up but MLBB enough to go with every look. I believe Berry Nude is the second-darkest of the nude colors (next to Mulberry Nude). I wouldn't mind trying Mulberry Nude, but I don't think I'll bother with any of the lighter colors. I just don't think they'll show up well on me.

I love that this is a pencil-crayon and easy to apply in the right place. I don't mind that it is matte; I sometimes use it just to amp up the pigment of a tinted balm or gloss. This pencil is easy to carry around for touch-ups and reasonably priced. I find that it lasts really well. There may be a packaging change in the works because I got one white pencil with a silver cap and one matte-black pencil with a matching black cap. I like the black better, as it looks more expensive.

on 4/7/2013 10:35:00 PM

This is sexy in a crayon. This is definitely comparable to the NARS matte pencil. Only the one in berry nude, is what NARS sex appeal should have been.
1. Colors are wearable
2. LONG lasting.
3. Comfortable to wear
These are amazing! MUST try!

on 9/11/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I bought and fell in love with the Nars Matte Velvet Lip Crayon and wanted more colors but couldn't stomach the price so I turned elsewhere and found these. I bought pretty much all the colors but the only one I really like and would repurchase is the Rosey Nude.

These lip crayons are only moderately pigmented and since I have extremely pigmented lips that have a slightly blue undertone, when I put them on they were pretty much all variations of the same color- a purple y rose....which while I didn't hate, was not what I was looking for coming off my Nars lip crayon high. The only color that stood up to par was the Rosey Nude which provided a very wearable, pretty matte red lip totally appropriate for daytime/office wear.

on 1/24/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product in Berry Nude. Based on a magazine blurb it is actually very very nice. I like the Clinique lip chubby but not the price.
This product works for me. Yes it's a crayon and you have to reapply but I just put a swipe or two on and then my regualr lip balm and I have just the right hint of color.

on 12/28/2011 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I own every single color available and if they make more, I will buy without hesitation. This is my favorite lip product of all time. I love the matte texture and you can use it over lip balm so its not drying. The formula is perfect and I think the packaging is very clever although I would prefer a twist up. Of all the colors I wear Nudey Nude the most but only because its the easiest color to wear and I don't have to think about it much.

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

this stuff is perfect. i have rosey nude (which, as a previous reviewer said, is by no means nude) and i layer this over whatever red lipstick i've chosen to wear (lately revlon colorburst in true red). the texture it creates is perfect, and the resulting colour is striking. can i just buy, like, 50 of these? i'm afraid they'll stop making it.

on 8/18/2011 12:27:00 AM

My everyday lip product. I use this with the sonia kashuk lip liner and it comes out perfect. I had never heard of sonia kashuk the day I got this lip crayon. I tried it on in the car because I was too excited and it was heaven. I finally found a super natural looking lip product! The only downside is, for me it doesnt stay on too long even though I have read that it has great staying power for some people. So I dont know. But like I said, putting on the lip liner before definitely fixes the problem. Another thing is, its so soft it uses up pretty quickly and its a pain to sharpen it cause it is so fat and my sharpener sucks. Hopefully they make a twist up one!

Popular Lipsticks