September 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Lipstick - Sonia Kashuk - Velvety Matte Lip Crayon

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cremedeviolette

I bought it in rosy nude which is an orange based red. The crayon is truly matte and easy to apply. It does not bleed or smudge easily but it will fade with eating or drinking, otherwise fairly longwearing. Overall a pretty, retro-looking color and I would repurchase although I prefer blue reds.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I noticed my target was sold out of these almost completely they had a nude color and rosey nude. Red lips are my staple so I grabbed the last rosey nude. At first The name confused me as the color at the end of the stick was a beautiful true red but it was called rosey nude but I shrugged it off. When I tried out it all made sense, a few swipes and you got a natural rosey red color, a few more you got a gorgeous matte red lip that some how still looks natural -ish. I love the matte texture. It's truly matte almost powdery but doesn't dry you out. It last throughout drinking pretty well but may need another application after food. But it wears off in a lovely way. Very light and just an all around good everyday sort of red if your into that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have two of these - in Rosey Nude and Berry Nude - and I am a bit in love. They are quite matte, which is not usually my favorite, but tends to make the color last and look very natural. They are at Target for under $8. They do need to be sharpened with a sharpener, but I can live with that.

I got Rosey Nude first, because there were only two of these true-red pencils left and I figured that meant they were in demand and probably pretty good. I was right. With reddish hair and fair skin, I don't normally do red lips. But this is an amazingly wearable color, even on me! I figure that it probably looks even better on darker skin tones and on people who wear red more often.

I wanted to break out of my rut for fall, and this is a good way to do it.

Next, I got Berry Nude because I liked the first one a lot but wanted to try a more neutral color. It's lovely - dark enough to show up but MLBB enough to go with every look. I believe Berry Nude is the second-darkest of the nude colors (next to Mulberry Nude). I wouldn't mind trying Mulberry Nude, but I don't think I'll bother with any of the lighter colors. I just don't think they'll show up well on me.

I love that this is a pencil-crayon and easy to apply in the right place. I don't mind that it is matte; I sometimes use it just to amp up the pigment of a tinted balm or gloss. This pencil is easy to carry around for touch-ups and reasonably priced. I find that it lasts really well. There may be a packaging change in the works because I got one white pencil with a silver cap and one matte-black pencil with a matching black cap. I like the black better, as it looks more expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cindyb82

This is sexy in a crayon. This is definitely comparable to the NARS matte pencil. Only the one in berry nude, is what NARS sex appeal should have been.
1. Colors are wearable
2. LONG lasting.
3. Comfortable to wear
These are amazing! MUST try!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought and fell in love with the Nars Matte Velvet Lip Crayon and wanted more colors but couldn't stomach the price so I turned elsewhere and found these. I bought pretty much all the colors but the only one I really like and would repurchase is the Rosey Nude.

These lip crayons are only moderately pigmented and since I have extremely pigmented lips that have a slightly blue undertone, when I put them on they were pretty much all variations of the same color- a purple y rose....which while I didn't hate, was not what I was looking for coming off my Nars lip crayon high. The only color that stood up to par was the Rosey Nude which provided a very wearable, pretty matte red lip totally appropriate for daytime/office wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product in Berry Nude. Based on a magazine blurb it is actually very very nice. I like the Clinique lip chubby but not the price.
This product works for me. Yes it's a crayon and you have to reapply but I just put a swipe or two on and then my regualr lip balm and I have just the right hint of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by mst3knut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own every single color available and if they make more, I will buy without hesitation. This is my favorite lip product of all time. I love the matte texture and you can use it over lip balm so its not drying. The formula is perfect and I think the packaging is very clever although I would prefer a twist up. Of all the colors I wear Nudey Nude the most but only because its the easiest color to wear and I don't have to think about it much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by newfaithinloss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this stuff is perfect. i have rosey nude (which, as a previous reviewer said, is by no means nude) and i layer this over whatever red lipstick i've chosen to wear (lately revlon colorburst in true red). the texture it creates is perfect, and the resulting colour is striking. can i just buy, like, 50 of these? i'm afraid they'll stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by herdiamonds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My everyday lip product. I use this with the sonia kashuk lip liner and it comes out perfect. I had never heard of sonia kashuk the day I got this lip crayon. I tried it on in the car because I was too excited and it was heaven. I finally found a super natural looking lip product! The only downside is, for me it doesnt stay on too long even though I have read that it has great staying power for some people. So I dont know. But like I said, putting on the lip liner before definitely fixes the problem. Another thing is, its so soft it uses up pretty quickly and its a pain to sharpen it cause it is so fat and my sharpener sucks. Hopefully they make a twist up one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these! They are great on their own, or paired with a gloss or lipstick. They are very similar to the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, but much less expensive ($7.99 vs. $24). The NARS pencils have a bit more coverage, but the Sonia Kashuk ones are still great. My favorite color is Berry Nude. I don't buy a lot of drugstore makeup, but this is one of my favorites. I just wish these came in more colors.