August 1, 2014 | 1171 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% AHA

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
I am not a fan of this the formula was mostly okay. I confused this to be makeup since it had a tint that may match beige skin but defenitely wont match all skin colors. It had an odorous of a masking fragrance. The texture was weird and something between a lotion and a gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by wjp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another of my must have products that I've been using for many years. Makes my skin soft, smooth and I no longer need to wear foundation. Love!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this 2 different times. I got terrible cystic acne from this. The first time I used it for several weeks with no improvement. The second time I used it for a week and had to stop. I was getting cystic acne and whiteheads all over my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this product, but the smell put me off. Get a sample before you buy the whole product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ccj36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this AHA treatment for a few months, and I have seen a noticeable difference in the clarity and texture of my skin. I use it at night, and it makes my over-40 skin very smooth. I normally use mineral makeup, and I have noticed that I apply a much lighter layer of my foundation now so that my skin shows through it. The price is very reasonable for the quality of the product. I am a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Leave my skin incredibly soft and spot free. My skin has never looked or felt better. Cannot fault this product. I wear it undermakeup, every morning on Tues, Thurs, Sat.

Only downside is it smells a LITTLE bit, but once it has been absorbed into the skin, the smell is no longer noticeable.

Would highly reccommend. Fantastic exfoliator, great for anti-aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by slimmbaby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! I have pretty good skin already, but this makes is look flawless. Highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Update: Oh sadness. This is decent, and for the average bear I bet it's great but I seriously clog to EVERYTHING. I put this on only one quarter of my face (to get a large enough sample size) and I do have to say that it reclogs any open pores particularly steadily. :( They dry out a lot faster when I don't use this which is sad because I almost always have issues. Also, it may be a contributor to more clogs, which I then mess with, and then they get infected too. It is moisturizing and fairly gentle (as far as other exfoliants are concerned) and would keep ashyness from over drying at bay, but I just can't do chemicals. My skin is so freaking sensitive. I'll hang onto it, there's a chance I can use it occasionally? But it may be wishful thinking. :( Overall I think natural may be the way to go for me, but as you can see I did like this a lot.

Update 2: I kept trying this again in one section of my face (so I could compare to the other sections) and I honestly saw NO difference. All it did was make open spots fill up again, and it didn't make any less bumps or shrink them down. I didn't really notice a difference in plumpness or wrinkle reduction or even moisture too much. I do want to like AHA/BHA but I just didn't feel this did anything. Though it possibly wasn't the *cause* of my breakouts, it didn't help. Which is a shame because I have a PC credit and nothing I want. Original review below.

Oh holy G. This is my EIGHTH Paula's Choice exfoliant and it's by far my favorite. I notice an instant difference and a decrease in redness plus any extracted areas don't seem to fill up as much with pus and become cysts. I was hesitant because of the color and texture (I'm afraid of lotions and clogging issues). I was more interested in BHA, and used the gel for a while, but still had some issues. I tried other formulas and AHA and it was mostly too strong. This is the perfect amount, it has BHA in it as well, doesn't dry me out, and my skin actually shows signs of improvement. I'm still not out of the water but I am getting there. I also wish I could give an extra lippie for the staff at Paula's Choice. I was about to give up and just assume my skin doesn't like their products, but they talked to me endlessly and sent me free samples. Sure, I know they want me to keep purchasing from them, but they sent A LOT and always took my returns without issue. But this product alone gets 5, I really think it's that good. This is also moisturizing. If I use Retin A, even a LITTLE one time, I will flake for days, but with this I get better results and I don't even use a moisturizer (maybe I should but I worry about clogs) and it still makes my skin feel soft. Super plus.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by doubleglowwseven

I'm onto my 2nd bottle now and I don't want to be without this gem! I love how smooth it makes my skin feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jwoudzia

This product is absolutely amazing! I had a pretty severe series of breakouts last year which left my face scarred and the skin tone uneven. I used a high potency retinol serum to help clear up the acne but now that my face is clear this product is too strong. I recently started using Paula's Choice 5% AHA Daily Smoothing Treatment and the results are unbelievable. After one use my face was noticeably smoother and a week later my skin is glowing! This is the best my skin has looked and felt in as long as I can remember. I am recommending is product to all of my friends and family because I am so happy with the results.

I rated the pricing as relatively cheap because this type of treatment in another brand (Lancôme or Estée Lauder) would cost close to $100. The packaging is convenient, with two pumps being a good amount to cover my entire face. The only complaint I have is that the container is opaque and I cannot tell how much product is left.

Bottom line: everyone should give this a try. I have already ordered a backup because I don't want to be without it!