p2 Perfect Face! Anti-Red Base

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

On my trip to Germany I picked this up from the DM. My cheeks tend to turn red and I have some redness going on there generally, so why not give it a try?

It worked really well for me. It evens out my skintone and makes the redness stands out way less. It doesn't fully cover everything, though, but I don't find that a big problem as I can pair it with concealer and foundation to make it even less red.

I love that this isn't overly green to the point where you HAVE to put something on top of it so it doesn't look weird on your face. Some days when my skin is less red and/or I can't be bothered with a face full of foundation, I just wear this on its own with some powder on top of it and I'm ready to go. It just blends out into nothingness, but still correct some of the redness, which I LOVE!

There is a hint of shimmer in this, thought, but it doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't come even CLOSE to glitter and is only somewhat visible in artificial, direct lighting. But hey, anything to make your skin a littlebit more glowy, right? You can still have a matte skin though, it's really really subtle.

I can't really say much about the lastingpower though, because I tend to touch my face a lot so it probably wears off quickly because of that. But if you put foundation on top of it, it will probably last at least as long as the foundation does!

The only thing that bothers me it the packaging. After you squeeze something out of there a couple of times, after a while it doesn't give off any product any more, so I usually screw the pump off and on again, so there's some 'new' product to pump up, if that makes sense. It's really just a small detail, but I thought I'd mention it. EDIT: Keeping the bottle upside down (for as far as that is possible) helps with this problem!

I would repurchase this! It probably won't totally hide severe redness but it hides it for a bit and smoothens out the skintone. Cruelty- and parabenfree. Already have a backup!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

After having tried the L'oreal Studio Secrets green primer (I thought I should mention this one because the other reviewer mentionned it) I didn't want to try primers anymore for such a long time. That primer was not only expensive (around 20 EUR for a L'oreal primer!!), but it also had obvious glitter in it. Glitter which would show up even through foundation. No, not shimmer. GLITTER. STAY AWAY FROM IT. And then I saw the P2 primer which barely cost anything (around 5 EUR?) and I thought "why not?". And I am SO glad I picked it up.

This is a very good product for people with a "redness" problem! I am one of those unfortunate persons who turns red oh so easily, no matter the circumstances. Foundation helps, but usually the redness still shines through. This product helps me to look "skintoned" all day. I apply this underneath my foundation. As soon as I apply this I see a difference: this takes away the redness in my face immediately! And the effect lasts all day for me. I should mention that I would not wear it in itself though. If you do, you can sometimes see a light green "sheen" on your skin which is not very flattering. So this does need some foundation or TM on top imo.

My only gripe is that this product does not improve the wear of my foundation. I don't mind, but because this is a primer I secretly hoped that it would, so don't buy this if you need longer wear. Another slight downside (but for most people this will be an upside) is that it is more mattifying than moistrizing. I have dryish skin and I can see that becoming a problem for me during winter. But this product should be good for people with oily/normal skin.

I am not sure whether or not I like the packaging... It is like a tube with a pump at the end... Really not sure what to think of it, but it works so meh.

Overall: GREAT product if you have redness issues and if you don't want to spend alot of money on a green primer. Try this! You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is another dirt cheap product I picked up from p2, a German brand that appears to be exclusive to dm drogerie markt. For me, this green lotion primer, which comes in a hygienic pump, is a functional dupe for Shiseido The Makeup Color Control Stick. The products obviously apply differently, since one's a lotion while the other's a stick, but the effect is very similar. The one big difference is that the p2 product does have some shimmer, which I personally don't mind. Both products take the red out of my blemishes and tone down my general ruddiness. Both give my skin a translucent look that I love. As much as I enjoy the Shiseido product, I used it sparingly because I was dreading having to fork out almost $40 bucks for it again. Now that I've found a similar product for under 3 euros, I won't have to. Oh, and this does have one advantage over the Shiseido: it's unscented.

I haven't tried the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer or the MUFE HD Microperfecting Primer in Green, but if you have access to the p2 product it might be worth trying it first. If you don't like it, you're only out 3 euros (and anyway dm drogerie markts have testers). If you do like it, you've just saved yourself some serious cash.