April 23, 2014 | 1951 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Butterfly Ball Moment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

Sheer, somewhat shimmery berry toned lipstick. Very moisturizing. A nice cool toned red for people who don't like showy reds. No scent or taste. NW 20/25 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by daphnejonquil

As other reviewer said, a non scary bright but soft red. Sheer, moisturizing, leaves a red stain. Makes my blue/grey/green eyes look bright and colourful. Just what I was looking for and dresses up black nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by wiseowl

At last! I finally figured out how to add a new product to be reviewed! (Yes, I know, my technological skills are appalling.)
As my reviews show, I am a HUGE LQ fan. I adore LQ Red Sinner, but I think for women nervous about taking the big plunge and trying a red lipstick for the first time, Butterfly Ball in Moment is the way to go. Red Sinner deliberately goes for the whole retro 40s-50s movie starlet lips and its sister color Saint Red is a less pigmented version. So, women wanting to do red lipstick, but still a bit nervous about making a bold statement, would think Red Sinner is a very pretty shade of red that would look good on a lot of different skin tones, but might be too much.
BB in Moment, a totally different experience. It's most definitely a true red, but a much more natural, earthy shade of red--it's not a bright red like Red Sinner, but at the same time, it's not too dark so that you end up with "vampy" lips when picking up your daughter from preschool. My lips look really plump with this lipstick. It's also very moisturizing so I don't need a balm underneath. Because it has a higher level of moisture, this is a more pliable lipstick to apply; you can do a single quick layer for a more low key daytime look or add bit more for a night time look. I know the LQ website talks about Butterfly Ball having micro/tiny amounts of shimmer with the effect of whitening one's teeth. I do not find this lipstick whitens my teeth, but I didn't really expect it to. Also, I wouldn't honestly describe this as shimmery; instead, I would say it has a nice amount of shine. Frankly, I'm glad it's not truly "shimmery"--it's far more wearable for far more different situations having a nice amount of shine as opposed to shimmer. And while this looks good on me and I'm cool and fair, I could see Moment looking good on women of color with warmer skin tones (Butterfly Ball also has a wine colored shade in its range that I think would look terrific on women of color with rich, warm skin tones.)
I'm a person who totally loves making a statement with a bold red like Red Sinner, but I honestly think LQ's Butterfly Ball range is the best way to start with this brand--it's way more flexible in terms of fitting different styles.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No