August 27, 2014 | 1756 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Bio Detox Organic Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Peachesncreme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst foundation Bourjois have ever made. I love both their healthy mix formulations. Unfortunately this one doesn't even come close. Give it a miss.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

Don't waste your money. Worst foundation I have ever encountered! It's dry, flakey, highlights dry patches, rubbish coverage, smells bad, and impossible to rub in. Every time I've tried to wear this foundation I've ended up wiping it off and putting on something different - literally cannot leave the house in it! Ps. Don't let this put you off bourjois foundations altogether - the healthy mix serum is fab and others are generally above average in terms of highstreet makeup :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Herome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. It gives good coverage, conceals any redness (and of that I have plenty :D ), color (I'm 52) is good (not orange, not too pink), matte finish (although after +-3 hours I have to powder my nose but my noise is very very oily) The only thing that I don't like is that it dryes like crazy. I apply this foundation with real techniques buffing brush, which I absolutely love, and have to work really quickly to blend everything. I think that this is a good foundation for more oily skin, if you have dry skin (or dry patches in winter) don't even think about this foundation :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by XJ6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried everything to make this product usable. And well...it can be done to some extent but to be quite honest - the effort is not worth the result. I found that the only possible way to apply it was to mix it with a highly moisturizing cream (plus a pre-moisturized face). But even then the finish looks very uneven and doesn't cover all that well (creases, smudges off, looks flaky...). This was my first Bourjois' foundation purchase and it almost put me off from their other products as well.
My skin is very fair (and oily) and the lightest shade of this foundation was slightly too dark for me (although the difference is not that noticeable).
The good thing is that I didn't notice any breakouts whilst using it...
I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately all I can say is that I wouldn't purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pearlngyn

I'm kind of confused when deciding getting this product. But the 98% organic ingredients just make me buy this.
I first apply this foundation on with ELF Studio Powder Brush after doing a research how to apply it most effectively. It become evenly perfect.
THIS CAME OUT AMAZING!
I have tried so many other foundation: Revlon mineral mousse, L'oreal... but they are all not so suitable with my place's weather which is super humid and hot night and day. They all turn greyish or melt out on my face then become such a mess!
but this foundation is absolutely amazing, it stays on my face for 5 hours without any greasiness. After coming home, I remove the makeup and my face is just brighter and don't have any break-out which is super cool for me.
So sad I heard they discontinued the product. If only I can get another one with longer exp date.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by woooooosha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** So, I love this foundation. The only thing that has bothered me just a little is the smell, because it's kind of strong. Otherwise, this has been the least reactive foundation on my skin... ever. It doesn't contribute to my breakouts and that is a downright miracle. I'm being serious... my acne is terrible and this stuff has been playing nice with it. HG? I think so. Only problem is that I think it is being phased out :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redoing my review - I have since figured it out. I'm sad that it got discontinued because all it takes is a damp face and some patience for this to work. How I use it:

Wash my face, pat a little of the excess water off but don't let it dry completely.

Apply with fingers, big swaths moving in mostly one direction.

Let dry - it WILL look streaky.

Once it is nearly completely dry (maybe after about a minute or two) massage and blend gently with fingertips. It will not roll, ball up, or mush off of your face like it would normally.

Ta-da! Finish should be nice. Maybe not as smooth as a silicone makeup, but just about. Finish is great, color is great, coverage is amazing. Lasting power is impressive, but my only gripe is that it will wipe off quite easy.

Man, why can't they keep selling this? After 15 years of searching for an HG, and I have found it, only for it to be cancelled. It is the absolute best foundation I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by smalasussie

I know this is a much-maligned foundation, having read the many negative reviews well before I purchased it. However, I tend to prefer natural products and I liked that this one was both organic as well as reasonably affordable. It took some searching (I live in India, where we have Bourjois but the shade & product range is not always complete!) but when I spotted a single bottle in my shade I snatched it up immediately.

I can see how the thickness of this foundation would turn people off. Before trying it on my face, I rubbed a swatch on my hand and went 'uh oh...' because it was very thick and didn't blend very well. However, I was determined to make it work. The pigmentation of this product makes it a good one to mix with moisturizers to make something akin to a tinted moisturizer. I use Josie Maran's Daily Argan Moisturizer with SPF 50, and I'm finding that 2-3 pumps of that mixed with 1/2 to 1 pump of BioDetox in my palm is the perfect pair, making this foundation much easier to apply. It does take a bit of extra work to blend it into the skin. Because the Josie Maran moisturizer is a physical sunblock, I was already used to taking a minute to massage it in so all the product absorbs. I find that with the BioDetox mixed in, I just need to take a minute or two to massage it onto different sections of my face (first cheeks, then T-zone and forehead) and the finish comes out really nice. It seems at first like the foundation isn't going to absorb, but after a minute it sinks in and leave my skin looked toned, even and fresh. No obvious foundation, no streaks or cakiness like others have been complaining about.

I let the foundation set for a few minutes while I do the rest of my makeup and then I finish with a light dusting of MAC blot powder on all the areas I need it. Applying it this way, I've actually been really impressed with the lasting power of this foundation. I use Healthy Mix as well and I find that BioDetox seems to be holding up better in the shine control department, and actually does a great job of keeping my blush in place. It can emphasize dry spots and flakes a bit if you have them, but well-moisturized skin or good-day skin should enjoy this.

The coverage using this method is light to medium, and if you have any spots or hyperpigmentation you'll probably need to use a concealer as this foundation isn't the greatest for building coverage. But if you like natural products and are willing to give this one a bit of extra work, I think it's well worth it. Maybe the Josie Maran moisturizer is just a particularly good match for blending it with - but I'd imagine any thin-consistency facial SPF or moisturizer, perhaps with a bit of oil in it, should work. I hope this helps encourage more people to try it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh how I loathe this. It has the closest match to my skin tone (shade Vanille Clair) But my god, it's the messiest foundation I've ever used! It's terribly streaky and dries almost instantly on your face, so if you try to blend it, it will ball up in your fingers and go patchy. I've tried mixing it with some moisturizer and water, both give the same result. Streaky patchy mess! Going to be trying healthy mix in the same shade instead. Do yourself a favor, give this foundation a miss!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Lybeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product because I read some good reviews about it. But when I used, I feel so disapointed. I blend it with my finger or sponge, my face look very terrible. Caked and un-naturally as you're wearing a mask. However, when I used a moisture sponge, it's better. My face look no caked, but the coverage is bad. So, I can say:

Pros:
- Oil- control : ok if you use with oil-control powder, rate 3/5
- organic extract

Cons:
- Caked
- The coverage is bad
- Non-waterproof
- Packaging : letters in bottle is faded easily.
- The price : I bought it for 20$. Too expensive for a bad product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by MUANaomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read all kinds of reviews. I think the foundation can be OK, just depends which skin type you have and how you apply the foundation.
For me it's a terrible foundation.
I have very dry skin (with occasionaly dry patches on my cheeks) but a quite oily forehead. At first I thought the foundation was a bit old, after all I bought it when it was on sale for just 5 euro's (and it was the last one!). It's very cakey, thick and on my skin it just gives me a mask effect.
I noticed it probably would work better with a good moisterizer, I also tried to apply it thinly with a sponge (hoping it would get on nicer, but it probably is best when you apply it with your fingers).
But after trying it for just 2/3 times (and actually washing it off) I probably am not going to try this one again!
I have kept it (I'm a make-up artist) and I might try it on a model with very oily and clear skin.