November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Helena Rubinstein - Premium UV Age Reverser Make-up Base SPF 40 PA+++

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ybabe

My skin has always been oily, but in the last few years it has become prone to dryness as well. Regular sunscreens usually make the oiliness worse, and my makeup tends to slide off my face halfway through the day. I used to adore MAC Prep + Prime SPF50, as it kept my makeup in place all day and didn't make my skin greasy, but eventually my skin became so dry that I had to stop using it. Since then I have been searching for a sunscreen that doesn't make my skin greasy and horrible, or dry and flaky. I think my search is over!

HR Premium Age Reverser Make-up Base goes on like a dream. It absorbs quickly without leaving a white cast, and it works great as a primer for both liquid and powder foundation. While it definitely helps keep my makeup in place throughout the day, I will admit that it's not quite as effective as MAC Prep + Prime SPF50 in that regard, but it's pretty darn close! And the biggest plus for me is that it doesn't make my skin greasy or dry! I've been using it for about a month now, and not a flake in sight!

The only down side is that it's expensive, but I will gladly continue to repurchase this as long as HR keeps making it, which I hope will be forever! I rarely give a product 5 lippies, but this is definitely worthy!