October 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Liquid - Sonia Kashuk - Perfecting Luminous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use revlon color stay but since I've been tanning it did not match me anymore! My mom ave this to me and it was a bit too dark so I mixed it with my revlon foundation and applied with a beauty blender. I love this with my regular foundation! I have oily skin but the matte look is not for me anymore. It leaves me slightly glowy without being greasy! If did not oxidize on me either. I love that it has a pump! I will definitely update on when I try this foundation on it's own

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Marianaburgos

Was not worth the money ended up throwing it away, it smells super bad and turns orange ... The coverage is average (if you can stand the smell) there are way better foundations out there

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkielips1299

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The foundation itself is amazing. It has a beautiful dewy glow and it feels great on my skin. Hands down my favorite drugstore foundation. This foundation could definitely hold its own against high end foundations. The only thing im not to crazy about is the packaging and the price. It is a little pricey for only .6 oz of foundation, 11$ at my local Target. I will definitely continue to purchase this amazing foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

For a while, I was really happy with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, but lately, I've been less happy with it. I've looked at this foundation numerous times at Target, but was always hesitant to try it. For the most part, DS foundations simply don't work for me. I find it incredibly difficult to get the right shade with drugstore foundations because there is no tester. Most of the time, I get foundations that are too light.

To be honest, I also wasn't crazy about the packaging of this foundation. It comes a hard plastic tube. It also also somewhat pricey. You only get .6 fluid oz rather than the usual 1 oz. Due to the plastic tube, I thougt it would be really difficult to find the right shade. But after using it, I realized that the color of the tube is the color of the foundation. After spending some time looking at the color chart and tube colors, I decided to purchase this in shade 03 Cream.

To be honest, I really didn't expect a whole lot from this foundation. In fact, I thought it would be one I would use one time and return. But I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. It comes in a tube, but it has a pump. When you first squirt it out, it looks like it's going to be very thick and heavy. But it's actually very lightweight. It's easy to blend and definitely buildable. It dries quickly and doesn't look cakey. It looks natural. It did a good job of covering up the redness and small bumps on my face. Also, cream turned out to be a perfect match. You could hardly tell I was wearing makeup. But even so, I was still skeptical. I've tried so many other liquid foundations that look great when I first apply it, but disappear after about 4-5 hours. That's really what I expected was going to happen with this product.

I used my Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion as a primer, and then applied this in sections using my fingers. I then applied a very light dusting of loose powder. I applied this about 7:30 this morning, and worked a 9 hour day. I really expected it to be almost non-existant by about 1 pm. But it still looked great at the 10 hour mark. In fact, it was still going strong after almost 12 hours.

The foundation itself is great, but the packaging, not so much. The pump doesn't always work the greatest. It can be difficult to control how much comes out. Either you get nothing,or you get too much. I also don't like the hard plastic tube it comes in. It makes it pretty much impossible to see how much product is left. I also think 10.49 for less than an ounce of product is a little steep.

I really like this foundation, but I would like to find a high end foundation that is comparable. But I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Best DS foundation I have found & I've tried almost all of them (not all the new ones that have release left & right). Anyways, I think this has been revamped, not that I've used the old one, but the newer one I saw available at Target righ now has a BLACK top. First of all Love the packaging, its a tube with a pump! Sits ontop of my vanity with the black lid down but when you untwist the cap theres a hidden pump that squirts evenly. Now for color selection after reading through MUA & seeing Carah Amelie on youtube rave about this I picked up Cream 03 and Buff 04. Ofcourse my NC20 yellow skin would be happier with a mix or something in between but I hate this extra step daily so had to choose one. The Cream has a more neutral undertone, that I could work with once blended out since this looks very natural. The Buff has more of a warmer undertone that I LOVE, this is the hint of slight color/tan I wish I had naturally to my skin (probably a NC25). I think this matches my arms more so I stuck with this. NOw for the only slight con-is the luminousity of this. I usually love the dewy look all year long and hate the matte finish face (even though its the latest trend) but this is what I find to makes the foundation wear down the quickly. It looks flawless on, oh it gives medium to full coverage, layering even NEVER gives cakey finish. I can skip a concealer even BUT even with setting it with powder it lasts 4-6 hours :( I can only do this when I'm running errands or going out half day. Im too conscious for a full day at work. But Im desperately waiting for the winter, when my dry, cracked peeling skin is looking for hydration and a healthy look. This will be HG status then for sure.

PS. Especially pick this up if you too couldn't find a match in the L'oreal TM Lumi Healthy foundation, which only carries a W1-W2 Procelin Ivory and then a W3 Nude beige. I would have been that W2 (that by the way is available internationally, I skipped it at a duty free shop nOt knowing it wasn't going to release to the US arghh) so have no fear; the SK delivers what I wish I could get with the L'oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Shelbyj1204

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In love.
This foundation's coverage is comparable to Make Up For Ever. I'm obsessed. I feel like a doll after putting it on. It's so smooth, it covers up any imperfections, and it lasts ALL day with my primer (I haven't tried without primer). I will be buying this for a long long time!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The coverage was really, really natural and flawless and you only had to put it on your t-zone or imperfection spots because it blended so well. It wasn't really oily, but after one day of use I started to break out on the application spots. It was really disappointing because the coverage was so nice. I noticed that it had a very fragrant smell which can sometimes irritate the skin, and it was also a bit cakey upon application, although it did blend nicely, so that may be what caused my skin to break out. Over all, great product, but not for sensitive/acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by tiaracymone

I have VERY yellow undertones and never really found a good match for foundation. I use to settle for mac nc44 but it felt cakey and was way too orange. This is perfect though and for less than 1/3 the price of the studio fix foundation. I apply a primer first then use a wet stippling brush to apply then add a bronzer or set with elf mist and set. If I only do half a face you can't see the difference except for my scars. It is meant for light coverage but is easily buildable to full if needed. It is named luminous but there is no glimmer and does not dry dewy on my skin. I have combination skin and I never have to touch up. I use bamboo the second darkest shade .The only downside is the there are no colors for deeper complexions and few choices , but if one of the shades matches get it now!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MapleBlossom2

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many of you, I am on a quixotic quest to find the perfect foundation. I love Revlon Colorstay, but have to mix shades to get it to match my NC30 skin. Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous in Buff is another pitstop on my journey. The packaging is a mixed blessing: it is a hard plastic tube, so that unlike her TM, you cannot squeeze out the last drops. The good thing is that it's a pump with a cover, so it's sanitary, and you won't get foundation splooging out the sides. The consistency is slightly tacky and it smells like cinnamon. I thought this was a good color choice, but looking at the swatch, I can see how quickly it oxidized to an orangey-red. And so did the Sonia Kashuk TM! However, on my face it looks okay, but it wears off really fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by juliacrod

I just got back from vacation & now a few shades darker -__-
I wanted a new foundation that was subtle for summer. Ive been curious about this line so gave it a try. I use the Buff shade. So far, i like it. Ive tried other luminous finish products, but they make me look so greasy! This hasnt done that yet.
One pump is all i need & i like the smell. I did notice it felt a little sticky when i applied.. But once it sets in, it goes away.