Sonia Kashuk Perfecting Luminous

3.5

Contains: Water, Isohexadecane, Isododecane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10-1 Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-3 Beeswax, Silica, Sorbitan Isostearate, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate Sodium Dehydroacetate, Potassium Sorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sorbitol, PCA Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Hexylene Glycol, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Urea, Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Aspartic Acid Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain:Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 4/21/2015 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

High-end result for a low(ish) drugstore price! I hadnít read reviews about this foundation before purchasing, just picked it up while I was in Target. Iíve been looking for a luminous/moisturizing foundation since other foundations Iíve used (oil-control and/or matte finishes) leave my skin cakey and gross by the end of my workday. Iíd rather not have to redo my foundation halfway through the day. Also, I usually go for pink-undertoned foundations since I am very fair skinned with a lot of pink undertones, but the lightest shade is very much a yellow-tinted shade....but that actually is what Iíve been needing! Instead of my skin looking very orange/pink, the yellowness cancels out the redness of my acne and on my cheeks. The finish is natural and blends very easily, doesnít cling to any dry patches and is easy to apply.

Very rarely will I write a review for foundation products. I've always had troubled skin (oily,acne prone) so wearing foundation certainly irritates that problem. I've used L'oreal's Lumi foundation in W1-2 for about a year or two (on and off) and believed it was the best foundation for me, despite my constant oiliness!

So went to Target to buy a new bottle and they didn't have my shade in stock. I debated between a few cheaper brands and decided to try out this foundation. This feels and acts like a high end foundation. Its light weight, buildable, and might seem a little pricey for a drugstore foundation but its affordable for the quality that you get from the product. I use a latex free sponge to apply this foundation. I use a new sponge everyday and they cost about $3 for 30 small sponges from Target.

Use this product paired with a translucent powder to set and maybe a colored powder to mix as well so you're not left with any white casting. To keep from getting oily you can either spray with Urban Decay's setting spray or layer the NYX oil control setting spray while applying each layer of makeup. On day one of wearing this foundation I was complemented on the natural look of my makeup by a stranger. I've been wearing this foundation for a month and I've seen significant improvement in the quality of my skin texture and I don't have to worry about breaking out from my foundation. I cannot wait to discover what else Sonia Kashuk has to offer.

EDIT: This product is still rather new to me. I've bought and completely used up two entire bottles. I really enjoyed the look and feel of this foundation but I used those two bottles in about a month. I can't be going through foundation so often especially at this price. I thought the fact that there was only .6 oz wouldn't bother me but it really does. Especially when there are other foundations that have 1 oz for the same price and similar quality. My new favorite is the Boots Botanics Shine Away foundation...I recently did a review in the color Vanilla of this foundation if you are interested! Check it out

on 3/19/2015 8:12:00 PM

So I just bought this foundation from Target because they're closing in Canada so I got it for around 8$, which to me should be the price that it's sold at regularly(so expensive!!!). I just tried it on, and I have no acne scars and no hyperpigmentation or bad blemishes etc, so this foundation looks absolutely beautiful on me! I got it in vanilla 02 which is an almost perfect match. I see many people complaining about the smell of the product, and it sticks around for a long time which is why this foundation got only 4/5 lippies. But the thing is, the smell is identical to this burn cream from France that my family has been using for years that's used in hospitals on burn victims, which makes me wonder; is it just an unusual smell? Or does this product have benefits for your skin? Either way, I really like this foundation. If anything about it goes bad tonight after I wear it, I'll update my review. Otherwise, I like it very much.

on 2/4/2015 3:05:00 AM

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I am VERY pale and have quite a bit of acne scarring, which shows up very red on my ghost-white skin, so I usually look for a full coverage foundation. Normally when buying foundations, I would choose the lightest color (in this case it was basque 01) but the lightest shade seemed a bit on the yellow side, which is my biggest pet peeve in foundations. So I went with vanilla 02, and am actually really happy with the color. Based on the name, "perfecting", I was under the impression this would be a full coverage foundation, but instead it seems to be the texture and coverage of somewhere between a BB cream and a light coverage mousse-like foundation. While it wasn't what I was expecting, I still found it easy to work with. I've seen a lot of reviews that complain about the smell, but I actually really like it. If you haven't used this yet, the product itself is perfumed- it smells floral and a little musky. I think it's awesome, but I could see how it would be too much for people.

Another thing I don't like about it is the packaging. It comes in a hard plastic tube and it has a pump at the bottom. I don't usually buy foundations in glass or hard plastic because I'm cheap and I cut the soft plastic bottles in half when they no longer squeeze and scoop out the rest!!! Especially when I paid almost $11 for a size that's less than the standard 1oz (this one is .6oz).

SO to achieve full coverage I tried two different methods that seemed to work pretty well for me. The first: I applied a standard concealer to all of my problem areas of redness and blemishes, set it with loose powder, then applied this foundation over top. Since it is almost sheer, you could make out the place where I had applied the concealer (it seemed a little cakey and yellowy). The other method I used worked a little better: I applied another light coverage foundation over my whole face with a brush (it was a matte finish foundation), then went back over it with this stuff. I actually really liked the way it turned out. It wasn't cakey, it was still light and breathable, and left my skin with a dewey glow. Hopefully all of this info works for you! (:

on 1/7/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a great light coverage foundation. I am NC 25 and use the third color "Cream". I apply with the SK egg type sponge dampened. I layer the SK Foundation stick where I need redness coverage and set with the loose Undetectable Powder. Holds up great, no sparkles-just pretty illumination. I never thought anything would lure from MAC Face and Body (N1) for reference), but this has won me over.

on 11/3/2014 12:14:00 PM

I am not sure why any one would think this is a full coverage foundation.. I was very excited to try this foundation after all the great reviews but this is a no-no.

I feel like this is comes on like a lightweight moisturizer. In regards to the smell, it is not overpowering but I definitely did smell it after 10 minutes of application.

By the way I do not want anyone to think I went outside wearing only this foundation. I had to mix it with my MAC studio fix just to get a proper cover.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually use revlon color stay but since I've been tanning it did not match me anymore! My mom ave this to me and it was a bit too dark so I mixed it with my revlon foundation and applied with a beauty blender. I love this with my regular foundation! I have oily skin but the matte look is not for me anymore. It leaves me slightly glowy without being greasy! If did not oxidize on me either. I love that it has a pump! I will definitely update on when I try this foundation on it's own

on 1/13/2014 11:51:00 PM

Was not worth the money ended up throwing it away, it smells super bad and turns orange ... The coverage is average (if you can stand the smell) there are way better foundations out there

The foundation itself is amazing. It has a beautiful dewy glow and it feels great on my skin. Hands down my favorite drugstore foundation. This foundation could definitely hold its own against high end foundations. The only thing im not to crazy about is the packaging and the price. It is a little pricey for only .6 oz of foundation, 11$ at my local Target. I will definitely continue to purchase this amazing foundation.

on 12/13/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

For a while, I was really happy with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, but lately, I've been less happy with it. I've looked at this foundation numerous times at Target, but was always hesitant to try it. For the most part, DS foundations simply don't work for me. I find it incredibly difficult to get the right shade with drugstore foundations because there is no tester. Most of the time, I get foundations that are too light.

To be honest, I also wasn't crazy about the packaging of this foundation. It comes a hard plastic tube. It also also somewhat pricey. You only get .6 fluid oz rather than the usual 1 oz. Due to the plastic tube, I thougt it would be really difficult to find the right shade. But after using it, I realized that the color of the tube is the color of the foundation. After spending some time looking at the color chart and tube colors, I decided to purchase this in shade 03 Cream.

To be honest, I really didn't expect a whole lot from this foundation. In fact, I thought it would be one I would use one time and return. But I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. It comes in a tube, but it has a pump. When you first squirt it out, it looks like it's going to be very thick and heavy. But it's actually very lightweight. It's easy to blend and definitely buildable. It dries quickly and doesn't look cakey. It looks natural. It did a good job of covering up the redness and small bumps on my face. Also, cream turned out to be a perfect match. You could hardly tell I was wearing makeup. But even so, I was still skeptical. I've tried so many other liquid foundations that look great when I first apply it, but disappear after about 4-5 hours. That's really what I expected was going to happen with this product.

I used my Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion as a primer, and then applied this in sections using my fingers. I then applied a very light dusting of loose powder. I applied this about 7:30 this morning, and worked a 9 hour day. I really expected it to be almost non-existant by about 1 pm. But it still looked great at the 10 hour mark. In fact, it was still going strong after almost 12 hours.

The foundation itself is great, but the packaging, not so much. The pump doesn't always work the greatest. It can be difficult to control how much comes out. Either you get nothing,or you get too much. I also don't like the hard plastic tube it comes in. It makes it pretty much impossible to see how much product is left. I also think 10.49 for less than an ounce of product is a little steep.

I really like this foundation, but I would like to find a high end foundation that is comparable. But I would definitely purchase this again.