October 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Toners - Jurlique - Citrus Purifying Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Susie0205

It has a strong smell, the SA said this is good for oily skin to control oil, I finish one bottle and could not feel anything, I go back to the rose balancing mistrust because it smells better than this one. Noting special

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by taciturn21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was by far the worst ever skincare product that I've tried. No joke.

I have combination / oily skin that is slightly sensitive, and this spray caused the worst allergic reaction I've ever experienced. About 5 seconds after I sprayed it onto my face, my eyelids started to sting, which spread to my face, and then my face became red and blotchy and had red rashes and bumps about 5-10 minutes later. I highly doubt that it's a problem with my skin sensitivity because even though I have slightly sensitive skin, my skin has always been fine enough for me to have tried and used at least 40 different skincare brands in the past, and none have caused such a huge reaction. The only good thing I can say about this is that I like the scent so it can perhaps only be used as a room spray at best.

I bought it from Myer in Bondi (Sydney, Australia) for about $30 and only used 3 pumps of it, but I had lost the receipt and the Jurlique counter wouldn't let me return it and get a refund. Very disappointed with this product.

*UPDATE 26/07/12* I actually wrote a similar review (not as blunt, but with the same facts) on the Jurlique website for this product, after which it said that it would be reviewed by a Jurlique moderator before it would be displayed on the website. Well it's been 10 days since, and it is still only showing the other 5 star reviews on the website. After a quick check on other products' reviews, I realized that they all have 5 star ratings, obviously because anything less than 5 stars wouldn't be displayed. If Jurlique only displays 5 star praises for all its products, what's the point of even showing the reviews then? What does that show about the brand?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by PebblesJetson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've finally found toners that work for my combination skin. I use Jurlique's Citrus Purifying Mist as a toning lotion for my oily T-zone, and Jurlique's Lavender Hydrating Mist as a toning lotion for my dryer cheeks and chin areas, and my skin has balanced itself out and is finally happy, happy, happy! Finally. Targeted skincare works!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 5:19:00 AM More reviews by briano1092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does nothing to my skin. I like the smel though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

I have seen some people have complained about the spray pump on this one, but I had no problem with the distribution of the mist on my face. I don't like waste, so I like it when all the spray hits my face. (With weaker misters I use cotton balls.)

I like the refreshing WHOOSH of the natural scent when I spray directly on my face. It surprised me at first, but I love it. I have a variety of toners I try and use, but this one I come back to again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Willa1973

i just started using this toner a couple of days ago. i do like the way my face feels, and it seems to be a little less oily...but like one of the reviewers below me, i am definitely not crazy about the smell. usually smells don't bother me that much, but this product is a touch overpowering. on the plus side, it fades fast. so far i'm liking the results i'm getting, but not sure if i will repurchase due to price and the smell factor.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by stl

I am a big fan of spraying my face with water or mist during the day, as it keeps the face refreshing and I noticed also helps to reduce oiliness. I got this mist in Jurlique set for Oily skin from Sephora and first of all, I love the packaging. I've been carrying 300ml bottle of thermal water spray for weeks and this feels ... well, light. Very convenient. The mist is also absorbed better on my skin, it doesn't make the skin wet, and just kind of sink right in. It is helpful if you have make up on.
Now on to what I didn't like. Firstly, it's the smell. Some people might like this as it's kind of herbal, but I hated it. It was so strong that it kills any perfume you have on.
Secondly, it doesn't spray evenly (or maybe because the bottle is so small), you need at least several spray to cover your entire face, which comes to being pretty expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This product was frustrating for me. When I sprayed it on, the spray didnt disperse evenly, so I ended up looking wet rather than dewy. And on top of that, it didnt sink in, it just seemed to sit on top of my skin and make me look even oilier. Left a weird kind of wet residue behind i suppose. I do like the ingredients, but for the price, i didnt like this product and the way it was manufactured. A bit of a miss for me im afraid!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

I got a little sample of this and after trying it for a week, I was addicted and had to buy the full bottle. I use it for a few things - mist my face after applying makeup to set, a bit on my scalp to make it less oily (although it is not a true substitute for dry shampoo) and of course toner before my moisturizer. I love the way it smells, feels great on my skin, and makes my makeup blend beautifully with my skin. This is especially great during the summer when my skin tends to get oily. Misting this on my face twice a day keeps the oil at bay.