August 23, 2014 | 1362 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by blushes

I see the reviews about it clumping but I have found clumping to be more about application technique if you have a quality product. I love this plumping maximiser because it is white and it makes the colour of any mascara I put on top really pop! I have green eyes and red hair and when I use this primer under Christian Dior purple (162) mascara with a Make Up Store eye liner Lavender Patel my eyes look so green - I get heaps of comments.

Also when I don't use the plumper the height and length of my eyelashes seems to drop after a few hours. However WITH the plumper they stay long and gorgeous the whole time it is on!
So yes, with small thin eyelashes - I LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pb84

I'm reviewing for immediate effects, in case someone wants to try and their main interest in on what I'm about to say.
I would definitely NOT recommend using this as primer if you have Asian stick straight lash. I am Asian and having long, regular and damn stick straight lashes. Whenever I use this primer on my lashes, all the effort spent on curling them goes down the drain. It makes it too heavy that waterproof mascara can't even hold the curves. I tried this many times, and there is a huge difference between the eye that I wear only mascara and the one with primer + mascara.
Next thing is it is fine to use at night. No irritation on the eye, only the weird white color on your lashed. And just like any other mascaras, make sure you curl first if that's what you're after, it will hold the curl nicely after 8 hours sleep.
Don't expect any miracle with this product, it doesn't curl your lash or encourage curl whatsoever. If your lashes are already curly enough, this mighe be good as a primer, protect your lashes from the mascara itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works well enough but I'm underwhelmed by it's overall performance. It does add *some* thickness and length - about the equivalent of an extra coat of mascara - but it's real strength is that it makes any mascara better. For example, it prevents my ds mascara from smudging and flaking. Is this enough to warrant a repurchase? At $28.50 a pop (as of 7/12/14), I don't think so. Also, like every other mascara or creamy cosmetic, it thickens over time making it more difficult to apply smoothly. I'm glad this works so well for so many but I'll pass on this next time and use the money for some Dior lip balm. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ran out of the CD plumper but didn't give it a whole lot of thought. Also have hypothyroid issues and on meds so always blaming thinning of hair and brows on condition. However, the other day I was noticing that my eyelashes and brows were looking even more sparse then usual. Didn't make sense as my meds had been upped and blood work better. Wait a minute! Had run out of the CD plumper about a month ago and never bothered to replenish on any Sephora runs.

That explains why after putting on my mascara, eye makeup was not looking too exciting. Ok, it doesn't make me look as if I have on false eye lashes but it does something! About a year ago, when first purchased, would even put on at night as part of evening routine. And then, alas, just took it for granted; only using before mascara application; then not at all before bed. Last month when ran out, just tossed in trash and didn't give it another thought. Guess where I am going tomorrow?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mzthisnthat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm over 50 with pretty good lashes, but they are stick straight unless I curl and use WP mascara. I gave this a shot because of the reviews. I've tried other serums (Lancome and drugstore) and they didn't work for me either. Well, neither did this one. The price isn't bad, but it did nothing for my lashes after several attempts of curling with a SU lash curler and trying both WP and non-WP mascaras. I curled, applied the serum, let it dry for a couple of minutes, then applied mascara. My lashes stuck straight out and whatever curl I got from the lash curler disappeared. Not for me. I'll save my $$ for Lancome Definicils WP.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by monique8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this product based on these reviews, I just don't understand?!?!?!
I was so excited, but from the very first use all it did was make my lashes clumpy and dry even before I applied my actual mascara! I'd recommend somehow trying this product before buying as it's expensive. Won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by dameeeeez

I love big voluminous lashes of the crazy variety. I hate false lashes, they make my eyes itchy, and so I am always trying to make my lashes more full. Though I donít wear makeup or mascara everyday so I cant comment on the serum aspect of this product, as a primer it was amazing. I have already repurchased this product and it has become a staple in my makeup regime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Totally middle of the road for me, and for the pricetag I would not re-purchase.

Frankly, it's dry and makes my lashes crunchy and hard to apply mascara afterwards. I have even used a Dior mascara after this, thinking that the formulas might better work together after unsuccessfully trying it with other high end and drugstore versions.

No bueno. Dry, crackly, dry. When I think of 'serum' I don't think of dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Joshoscar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because of the many rave reviews.. Couldn't be more disappointed.. Ewww!! Clumpy and did nothing else . Used once . Waste of money.. Throwing it in the bin!!!! Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Zoe8x

A friend recommended this to me and I absolutely love it!! I have only been using it for about a week and am already noticing a difference!!! I have naturally really long thick eyelashes anyway but as I like to apply a lot of mascara, they quite often become dry and break which can cause them to look annoyingly gappy!!! I have found this has conditioned them, makes them look longer and less of my lashes are falling out! I am apply this before bed and shower off in the morning, I then apply a small amount before my mascara! I love soap and glory mascara - it's amazing and goes really well with the primer! As for the price - as stated by other reviewers you can only expect it to be a bit pricey when it's a high end brand like Dior :).