September 16, 2014 | 1429 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Sarita88

My HG when it comes to Lash Primers

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sassysnark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for something to "lock in" my mascara so it didn't run or smear on my bottom lashes especially. I used to use Shellac by benefit but that's been discontinued and nothing's worked for me as a replacement. The makeup counter lady told me that this primer would help do what I needed and that it would "change my life." Well I wouldn't go THAT far but it does work! My mascara doesn't smear the way it used to and I think my lashes look generally fuller and healthier. So far I've had this tube for at least 5 months so it seems to last a long time and that's me using it every week day and and some weekends as well. Thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jc2729

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lash primer in the hopes that it would thicken, lengthen and help hold the curl in my sparse, short and stick straight Asian lashes. Unfortunately it did not meet my hopes. I did see some added thickness and a small amount of length but the deal breaker was that it immediately made my freshly curled lashes droop. I tried different methods of application: a very thin coat, thicker coats, letting it completely dry before mascara (waterproof), and immediately following with mascara...all with the same results. This might be a great primer for those who have lashes that hold curl well but for those who do not I would recommend passing on this pricey product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

I have to say that primer doesn't get any better than this Dior primer.I don't have any problems with it,it makes lashes extremely full and sparse.My husband said he sees the difference when I had applied this under Maybelline Rocket mascara.Althought I haven't tried the primer with different mascaras,I had to write a review already,it's so good I think! I have the travel size,wanted to get it before purchasing full size product.
I'm very glad I got this,from eBay with a pretty good price.Will purchase when it runs out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by CarissaDawwn

Omg this stuff is amaaaaazing. I work at a shoppers drug mart, so I do get a discount at every shoppers I go to. Unfortunately, there is no way to get Dior in the town I live in, I have to drive 4hrs in order to find a shoppers that does carry it. I bought a tube last May, and it lasted me a full year. And that's with everyday use. When I finally scraped the last bit out of my tube, I bought the Smashbox one. I've had that one for a month now and it's almost gone. So the value for Dior is there, especially when I get a discount. Buy it, seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

This is a product that imo you really don't need in your make up bag. Its a very expensive 'primer' that serves no purpose other than to make ur lashes sticky, clumped and overloaded with product. Cant believe there are so many positive reviews here. My lashes are naturally very long so I suppose I don't really need a primer and maybe the problem lay in the fact that I have such ling lashes but either way, I consider it a waste of money and for the amount it costs its definitely something you can do without. Wont be repurchasing, its not needed as long as you have a good mascara, a good mascara should not and does not need a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by blushes

I see the reviews about it clumping but I have found clumping to be more about application technique if you have a quality product. I love this plumping maximiser because it is white and it makes the colour of any mascara I put on top really pop! I have green eyes and red hair and when I use this primer under Christian Dior purple (162) mascara with a Make Up Store eye liner Lavender Patel my eyes look so green - I get heaps of comments.

Also when I don't use the plumper the height and length of my eyelashes seems to drop after a few hours. However WITH the plumper they stay long and gorgeous the whole time it is on!
So yes, with small thin eyelashes - I LOVE IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by pb84

I'm reviewing for immediate effects, in case someone wants to try and their main interest in on what I'm about to say.
I would definitely NOT recommend using this as primer if you have Asian stick straight lash. I am Asian and having long, regular and damn stick straight lashes. Whenever I use this primer on my lashes, all the effort spent on curling them goes down the drain. It makes it too heavy that waterproof mascara can't even hold the curves. I tried this many times, and there is a huge difference between the eye that I wear only mascara and the one with primer + mascara.
Next thing is it is fine to use at night. No irritation on the eye, only the weird white color on your lashed. And just like any other mascaras, make sure you curl first if that's what you're after, it will hold the curl nicely after 8 hours sleep.
Don't expect any miracle with this product, it doesn't curl your lash or encourage curl whatsoever. If your lashes are already curly enough, this mighe be good as a primer, protect your lashes from the mascara itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product works well enough but I'm underwhelmed by it's overall performance. It does add *some* thickness and length - about the equivalent of an extra coat of mascara - but it's real strength is that it makes any mascara better. For example, it prevents my ds mascara from smudging and flaking. Is this enough to warrant a repurchase? At $28.50 a pop (as of 7/12/14), I don't think so. Also, like every other mascara or creamy cosmetic, it thickens over time making it more difficult to apply smoothly. I'm glad this works so well for so many but I'll pass on this next time and use the money for some Dior lip balm. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ran out of the CD plumper but didn't give it a whole lot of thought. Also have hypothyroid issues and on meds so always blaming thinning of hair and brows on condition. However, the other day I was noticing that my eyelashes and brows were looking even more sparse then usual. Didn't make sense as my meds had been upped and blood work better. Wait a minute! Had run out of the CD plumper about a month ago and never bothered to replenish on any Sephora runs.

That explains why after putting on my mascara, eye makeup was not looking too exciting. Ok, it doesn't make me look as if I have on false eye lashes but it does something! About a year ago, when first purchased, would even put on at night as part of evening routine. And then, alas, just took it for granted; only using before mascara application; then not at all before bed. Last month when ran out, just tossed in trash and didn't give it another thought. Guess where I am going tomorrow?