Dior DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

4.1

Water, paraffin, C18-36 acid triglyceride, carnauba wax, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, beeswax, acacia Senegal gum, hydroxyethycellulose, phenoxyethanol, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, artemia extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, pentylene glycol, potassium sorbate, BHT

on 8/24/2015 6:57:00 PM

I bought this to help "bulk up" my mascaras, ignoring the serum's claim that it promotes lash growth and strength. I used it religiously for a few months since it made a very big difference under my mascara; my lashes looked longer and fuller, and it works with a variety of mascaras, from high end to drugstore. It doesn't affect the end color of the mascara, doesn't affect the wear of the mascara, and isn't difficult to take off. In short, just makes my mascaras do their job better.

Well, the last couple of weeks I can't help but feel that my lashes are a lot longer than they have been for the last few years! I even had a friend ask if I was wearing lash extensions, and I told her I'd just been using a base under my mascara. But even when I'm not wearing my mascara, my lashes seem longer and fuller. I went back on Sephora's website to see if this serum was supposed to promote longer/ healthier natural lashes, and come to find out, that was one of its claims. I guess this product is the reason my lashes have been doing great lately!

I never thought a lash serum could actually work- I thought those claims were just marketing nonsense. But this skeptic is convinced. I would have repurchased regardless, since I love its performance and the effect I get using this with mascara, but I'm even more impressed with this product having noticed that my lashes seem longer and healtheir than ever.

on 8/24/2015 5:22:00 AM

I have long and straight lashes and most mascaras smudge badly on me and worse still, these mascara formulas have a funny way of dragging my curled lashes down.

Having bought this one on a whim, it took me a bit of work to make this product work for me. Your lashes will have a tendency to clump up if you do not wipe away excess product on the wand beforehand. I find wiping away excess "serum" very helpful, as this leaves the wand with just enough product to coat the lashes and hold the curl. Too much product will weigh the lashes down.

I curl my lashes first, before applying a coat of the Lash Plumping Serum, wait for it to dry before applying my mascara.

With this as a base, my lashes not only look long and full, it helps hold the curl after I apply a layer of mascara. Lovely stuff.

I also find it helps prevent smudging. Some waterproof and smudgeproof mascaras still smudge on me as I have extremely oily eyelids, but the Lash Plumping Serum has pretty much stopped smudging altogether.

Will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

It's fine if you use this as a primer before applying mascara to give a thicker appearance. The serum simply doesn't work on the lashes themselves at all. It also has a very weird formula that clump up easily.

on 8/6/2015 11:42:00 AM

I got this as a sample from Sephora, I think. At first, I really wasn't a fan but then I realized the trick! You have to focus on the tips. I have very thin lashes and deep set eyes. I curl my lashes first (I use a Japonesque curler, I don't heat it or anything) and then I'll sweep through my lashes with this once, then focus on the tips until they're long. I then use my mascara (I like Lancôme Grandiose) and then once I'm done with that, I dust my lashes with powder (look it up!) and go through again with the primer. I finish it off with another coat of mascara, and my lashes almost hit my eyebrows!!!!!!!

This is truly a holy grail product. I have found it refreshes mascara throughout the day so you can layer more on. I just swipe the primer through then add another layer of mascara. It looks freshly applied. I love this stuff and I definitely recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! Absolutely amazing results, everyone asks if I have fake lashes on :)

on 7/26/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It makes even the cheapest and crappiest mascara amazing,+ the lenght and volume absolutely love it i use it when i want to have a killer lashes *

on 7/23/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is amazing you can use any mascara over the top and your eyelashes look soo long and perfect. I haven't come across anything that compares. It doesn't clump or flake at all either. Perfection.

on 6/16/2015 6:44:00 AM

This is a lash treatment which conditions lashes really well because of the hyaluronic acid it contains.

It is also really nice to wear under a mascara as it gives a really intense lift and curl. I also found that it helps mascara last longer and doesn't let it crumble/flake off during the day.

I have tried using this at night time as an 'overnight treatment' and I feel like it did work because after a few weeks my lashed felt much stronger and didn't fall out even after I removed mascara.

It is a good product and I will repurchase it. Same price as a normal Dior mascara at £25

on 6/5/2015 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this primer from Sephora's 100 point perk and it doesn't quite rival my beloved Lancome Cils Booster.
The Dior primer gives more volume but it can weigh down lashes and take the curl out of them which is a deal breaker for me. The wand is huge which makes it awkward to use.
It's also more expensive than the other primers on the market and I don't think it justifies the price tag.
Dior mascaras don't work for me and the primer falls into that category as well.
I'll stick with Lancome or Shiseido lash primers.

on 5/25/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have short lashes and this base does a wonderful job at lengthening them. I also find it condtions them really well. Superb product - i have been buying it again and again since it launched

Video Reviews & Tutorials