April 23, 2014 | 1452 users online

Liquid - Avon - Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, this is the absolute cheapest I've ever paid for a brand name foundation, a whopping three dollars. I guess they were trying to get rid of it. When I got home, I tried it on a clean face and it was greasy after I used my stippling brush. I even tried putting my most matte powder on it, and the greasy shine showed through. I wiped it off my face and threw it in the bin. I tried it the next day to go to a meeting and when I arrived, I realized the color I got was just one shade, just ONE, darker than my already tan Indian skin, so I wiped off as much as I could. I'm not rating this product on what I think of it as a foundation, but what it was as a final product. This might be a good time to mention, it is REALLY sparkly. Like sparkly enough that if you try to go for full coverage, you'll look like a Twilight vampire. I used this as a component for homemade tinted moisturizer. The result was something I'm using on my face every day as a foundation substitute. All in all; not a remarkable foundation, actually one I quite abhor. I'm a makeup junkie so I usually find uses for everything, and this is no exception. I didn't end up liking the product, which lost it three lippies (one just because I can't give it a zero) and it gained back one for being useful, still. I hate the packaging, usually i like squeeze tunes, but this product is so watery it doesn't work. Wouldn't buy again, horrible product, I'd literally use anything else. The dollar store brand foundation works better than this crap. Anything that says mineral is suspicious to me... Don't waste time and money, buy some higher quality drugstore foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by rachelmakeupartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation... I get the shade nude, my skin tone is yellow based. My face is more darker then my neck, so I normally have to blend it down to my neck. This foundation is really good, because I don't have to do that... It's the perfect shade for my neck, but it still has the yellow base to it. I'm a makeup artist, and I'm not a big lover on heavy foundation, I like full coverage but it should be build able. This foundation has a shine to it, but it is still matte. I normally just powder the "T" area, and leave the rest so I can some definition. It's the only foundation I use now, because of it's great packaging it's small and doesn't pour out, like the old Revlon colourstay foundations. It's amazing, and I would definitely recommend this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation in Ivory.
I was really surprised how dark this was out of the tube but application was sheer and coverage was light.
This was quite a thick cream and again I expected good coverage but was surprised by how sheer it actually was
Did nothing for my skin and I looked like I had no foundation on, did not even out my skin tone, it was worse than a tinted moisturiser.
Unfortunately this foundation did not work for me and I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Luckyboy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this make-up. It gives good,complete coverage and covers up my Rosacea. My skin is ultra dry but this makes my skin look dewey . It can be found on Ebay for $8 or 9 dollars. It is perhaps the best foundation I have ever used. Love it.

Update: This make-up fades fast on the skin. Need something that stays after application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh!

I used this the moring for the first time and then checked my face in sunlight. I was horrified by what I saw. Cakey, thick, gross. I put it on with a brush and then buffed it out. I doubt this would look good no matter what technique I had used.

Use this only if you enjoy having your skin look like it is 80 years old.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Atsparkler018

I really like this foundation, it gives light to medium coverage and a dewy glow to your skin. I find the coverage to be buildable, I use my finders to apply it, instead of a brush. There aren't too many shades to choose from but I was able to find one that works. I can see how some wouldn't like the packaging, I'm not a huge fan either but it seems like every foundation i like has terrible packaging. I use neutrogena healthy skin makeup most of the time, and when i want a more natural dewy look especially for summer i go for this one. I would recommend it to those who prefer a more natural look.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really didn't like this. Im quite pale and the lightest shade was really orangey. it gives hardly any coverage at all. also the packaging is seriously rubbish the product just leaks out and makes a huge mess. they've changed the packaging since i brought it i dont know if it's any different but i wouldn't buy it again due to the rubbish colour selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation! HG most definetley. for those who want the most luminous finish ever, this is for you! it looks so gorgeous on skin and provides light to medium coverage. the color ranges are amazing, and even if you dont get your exact shade, it blends in so well and makes you look amazing. for example, i have medium light tannish skin and i got ivory, and it looked perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by blackstars36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product was a big disappointment. The packaging is cheap it comes in a lotion type tube and the liquid is almost water like that it spills out without having to squeeze it. It goes on streaky even with my expensive M.A.C. Brush & if u try & blend it, the product rubs right off. It also settles into lines which I don't have very many I'm only 26 but it made me look like I was wrinkled beyond my years!!! It also made my face feel wet/shiny. I washed it off after 2hours save your money ladies....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm an Avon rep, and I decided to try this out because it was on sale in one of the demo books. This is originally $11, which isn't the cheapest foundation out there, but it's pretty affordable compared to a lot of high end brands and even drugstore brands. (I've seen Covergirl Natureluxe for up at $13.99 and some L'Oreal foundations for $15.99 depending where you go.) I think the price is average. The package is sleek and hygenic. It's easy to squeeze out. (I prefer it over the NARS glass bottle of Sheer Glow.) The consistency reminds me of that of a tinted moisturizer. It's more liquidity than the CG Natureluxe (one of my favorites). It's easy to blend and buildable. I usually have to blot my nose during the day, but I don't have to with this. I'm extremely satisfied with this. I got it a great price, and in certain campaigns, it is available at a sale price to customers which is great. This is very light on the skin, and I can't feel that it's on, which is great. I choose Pure Beige just by guessing, and it's a great match for me. I've been wanting to try the Avon Smooth Mineral makeup in liquid form (i'm not a fan of powder foundations), and I'm so glad that I did. I highly recommend this for sensitive skin (like mine) and for someone who wants light to medium coverage. So far, this is one of the best looking foundations that I've tried that looks so natural and is becoming one of my favorites. I've spent too much money on high end foundations from NARS and MAC, that I've not be satisfied with, and I'm really glad I found something affordable.

*edit:6/18/11- I dont reach for this much now because my skin isn't the same as it was in the colder months. On humid days, my skin gets oily in the t-zone. This is a great foundation for when my sky is drier. I will say that I notice some shimmer in this, even when I swatch on my wrist. It's nothing too obvious on the face, but there are fine shimmers there.