Lipstick Queen Jean Queen

3.9

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/5/2015 11:37:00 AM

Absolutely love this lipstick! It is a lovely sheer soft pink that whilst sold as co-ordinating perfectly with denim also goes perfectly with all colours. It is a gorgeous shade of rosy pink that really lights up the face and would suit a lot of skin tones. A lot of sheer pinks fade quickly on me and my own lip colour shows through however whilst sheer this gives a nice pop of colour and coverage. It isn't particularly long lasting however a quick slick is all that is needed to touch it up again. It is very moisturising and extremely wearable. As always with Lipstick Queen both the quality and packaging is excellent.

on 4/26/2015 8:23:00 PM

I picked this up as part of a trio because I'd read descriptions of it as a perfect sort of pink. It definitely is that. The formula is luxurious and silky smooth, and it feels fantastic on the lips. You get a sheer wash of a warm pink color (maybe it's better to call it a pink with a hint of peach to it) that's very pretty and super wearable. Staying power is decent. It's not that long lasting or anything -- and I believe this is something like 10 percent pigment, so it wouldn't. But the packaging is beautiful, the formula is great, and this is something that feels amazing on the lips.

on 3/22/2015 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It was the beautiful cobalt blue of the lipstick tube which first caught my eye, rather than the lipstick itself. I am drawn to beautiful shades of blue like a moth to a flame, whether it is clothing, jewelry, scarves, handbags, and now apparently lipstick tubes. This tube would have matched my wedding dress!

Outward appearances aside, the shade of lipstick itself is a surprising gem to me. I'm not typically fond of pink-toned lipsticks, although as I've grown older, I realize that pink lipsticks perk up my complexion in a subtle way. I've always gravitated toward warmer lipstick shades, and this one appears to be just slightly into the cooler tones. My lips are quite pigmented despite my ghostly pallor otherwise (NC15ish), and Jean Queen just shimmers with a subtle healthy pink glow, no gawdy glitter or any nonsense like that.

I love the texture of Jean Queen, which is very similar to that of Medieval. I don't mind that I have to reapply every couple of hours or so, since my lips feel comfortable.

As for this lipstick coordinating nicely with a pair of jeans? That's foolishness and gimmicky, but I still adore the tube itself. Personally, I think jeans look nice even with a bold red lipstick like a Hollywood starlet from the 1940's would've worn.

I probably would repurchase, because I've kept it constantly in my handbag since the day I bought it! I just love seeing that lovely blue tube catching the light.
:-)

Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen is a very sheer hot pink on my lips. It felt slick on my lips and I while thought it would be moisturizing it wasn't. Also, for the price, it's nothing special and it just doesn't last. While it's a cool marketing idea, there are many lipsticks you could wear when wearing denim.

,,`,,,,`,-Iamsherazade- ,,`,,,,`, continued >>

on 12/20/2014 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Jean Queen is as unassuming and casual as it was designed to be. A mid, cool-ish pink (Ive debated with myself as to whether its neutral or cool, I think it straddles the two) with a sheer glossy finish and some very fine, hidden shimmer to augment the gloss, it works well as part of a toned-down look. It comes into its own when you want something on your lips that meshes with what youre wearing on your face and otherwise, or if you dont want to give your makeup much thought. That, for me, is most days. This is a lazy route to looking put together.

I have pigmented lips so although I dont get much in terms of colour from Jean Queen, it still adds vividness, polish and uniformity of tone. It harmonises well with my NW15 skin tone and has a brightening effect on my eyes and skin. More pigment could feature, though, without losing the studied nonchalance of the product or even the sheerness.

The staying power is as you might expect from a sheer, glossy lipstick of this type, around two hours if not eating, drinking, etc. Most lip products are drying on me; this is fairly neutral in that regard. It doesnt remove moisture from my lips but doesnt actively hydrate them either, which it doesnt claim to do.

Its packaging appeals to me, not luxe but functional and pretty, a blue metal tube with a lighter blue logo, echoing the lipstick-and-denim concept behind this product. Its robust, lasting well tossed in a large handbag that contains miscellaneous rubbish including sharp keys. Youd expect a scratched tube but not so far in more than a year of usage probably once a week.

This joins Lipstick Queen Medieval as a welcome addition to my wardrobe of sheer lipsticks, of which I am very fond. Theres nothing particularly distinctive about it, but sometimes thats exactly what you need.

on 9/30/2014 9:30:00 PM

I have to be brutally honest and say that I think the idea behind this lipstick is hilariously absurd. Is there some woman out there who pulls on a pair of jeans and cries, "Oh dear! Now which lipstick do I wear with these? Oh me, oh my! Whatever shall I do?" Am I the only one who has never scratched her head over this conundrum? That said, this color does complement the indigo blue of jeans very well. So if you wear a dark-rinse denim jacket, this would look gorgeous with it. That's the only way I can figure the lipstick and denim would have any relation to each other.

Anyway, I am OBSESSED with it. The color is just unbelievably beautiful and flattering, and really had to describe. I've really thought HARD about it, too. Watermelon pink? Sort of, but not as bright with a little more warmth. Rose? Maybe, but not quite that pink. It makes my lips look glossy and juicy and pink in a natural shade.

It feels incredible, which is another reason I love it. It's very silky and glossy, and quite moisturizing. It's definitely going to be a go-to lipstick in the winter, but this would definitely look great with spring pastels and summer brights as well. It's very natural looking, so it would go with everything. It's sheer, so your natural lip color is definitely going to alter this color anyway. I mean, it's REALLY sheer, so I lay a lot on for the amount of color I like.

The only reason I can't give this five stars is the lack of staying power. It wears off really quickly. I really wanted to try the LQ "Sinner" lipsticks, which are full-on pigment, but I chose comfort over value. I don't have particularly pigmented lips, yet I really have to layer this on for the color to have impact. Then it's going to start disappearing as soon as you sip something. If you have really pigmented lips, you may just want to stay away. It'd be really cool if Poppy came out with a full-pigment "Sinner" version of this, though!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a beautiful rose color that is almost MLBB. It looks fantastic, the formula is creamy and my lips feel great wearing it. It looks good with or without the denim. However, where Jean Queen--and a lot of Lipstick Queen's lipsticks for that matter--struggles is in its wear time. It's one of the poorer wearing lipsticks, requiring me to reapply every 2 hours or so. And this is without me doing anything drastic with my mouth!

This lipstick is more like 3.5 stars, but I upped it to 4 because it looks so good on me, and I don't mind reapplying that much. But for situations where lipstick wear is important, it might not be the one I reach for.

on 4/23/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i really love this lipstick, its a very sheer, shiny rose on my lips. unfortunately i had to return it because it has zero staying power. you literally put it on and seconds later its like your lips just suck all the color right up. its very moisturizing, has the perfect amount of shine and its the perfect MLBB color for my pigmented lips. i love everything about it, but seriously, for $20.00 plus tax this should have SOME staying power! its only 11:30 am and i've re-applied it 4 times already since 9:00 am and i have not even eaten anything yet. at this rate, the entire tube will be gone before the weeks out!

cute blue tube packaging and i can see why this would look great with "blue jeans", its a perfect color to wear every single day for a nice polished casual look.

i WANT to give it a 5 lippie but i just cant. because of the lack of staying power this gets a solid 3 lippies. if this stayed on, i wouldnt care about the price!

going to trade it in for one of the china sticks!

on 3/10/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I end up getting this lippie after I purchased the gloss in Jean Queen. This lippie is a little coral/rose as compared to the gloss which is a pink on my lips. I find it's a safe color to wear on a daily basis. Wears ok, it did not survive lunch though. I will be buying more LQ lippies in the future.

on 11/20/2013 6:27:00 AM

I love this natural pink (almost soft watermelon coral) lippie! I'm always feel as though I look healthy or young with this shade. It's a great everyday color and there is something about wearing lipstick as opposed to lipgloss that makes a girl feel a little more glamorous. I found it to be moisturizing as well.

Popular Lipsticks