December 19, 2014 | 1559 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Jean Queen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I have to be brutally honest and say that I think the idea behind this lipstick is hilariously absurd. Is there some woman out there who pulls on a pair of jeans and cries, "Oh dear! Now which lipstick do I wear with these? Oh me, oh my! Whatever shall I do?" Am I the only one who has never scratched her head over this conundrum? That said, this color does complement the indigo blue of jeans very well. So if you wear a dark-rinse denim jacket, this would look gorgeous with it. That's the only way I can figure the lipstick and denim would have any relation to each other.

Anyway, I am OBSESSED with it. The color is just unbelievably beautiful and flattering, and really had to describe. I've really thought HARD about it, too. Watermelon pink? Sort of, but not as bright with a little more warmth. Rose? Maybe, but not quite that pink. It makes my lips look glossy and juicy and pink in a natural shade.

It feels incredible, which is another reason I love it. It's very silky and glossy, and quite moisturizing. It's definitely going to be a go-to lipstick in the winter, but this would definitely look great with spring pastels and summer brights as well. It's very natural looking, so it would go with everything. It's sheer, so your natural lip color is definitely going to alter this color anyway. I mean, it's REALLY sheer, so I lay a lot on for the amount of color I like.

The only reason I can't give this five stars is the lack of staying power. It wears off really quickly. I really wanted to try the LQ "Sinner" lipsticks, which are full-on pigment, but I chose comfort over value. I don't have particularly pigmented lips, yet I really have to layer this on for the color to have impact. Then it's going to start disappearing as soon as you sip something. If you have really pigmented lips, you may just want to stay away. It'd be really cool if Poppy came out with a full-pigment "Sinner" version of this, though!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This is a beautiful rose color that is almost MLBB. It looks fantastic, the formula is creamy and my lips feel great wearing it. It looks good with or without the denim. However, where Jean Queen--and a lot of Lipstick Queen's lipsticks for that matter--struggles is in its wear time. It's one of the poorer wearing lipsticks, requiring me to reapply every 2 hours or so. And this is without me doing anything drastic with my mouth!

This lipstick is more like 3.5 stars, but I upped it to 4 because it looks so good on me, and I don't mind reapplying that much. But for situations where lipstick wear is important, it might not be the one I reach for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really love this lipstick, its a very sheer, shiny rose on my lips. unfortunately i had to return it because it has zero staying power. you literally put it on and seconds later its like your lips just suck all the color right up. its very moisturizing, has the perfect amount of shine and its the perfect MLBB color for my pigmented lips. i love everything about it, but seriously, for $20.00 plus tax this should have SOME staying power! its only 11:30 am and i've re-applied it 4 times already since 9:00 am and i have not even eaten anything yet. at this rate, the entire tube will be gone before the weeks out!

cute blue tube packaging and i can see why this would look great with "blue jeans", its a perfect color to wear every single day for a nice polished casual look.

i WANT to give it a 5 lippie but i just cant. because of the lack of staying power this gets a solid 3 lippies. if this stayed on, i wouldnt care about the price!

going to trade it in for one of the china sticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I end up getting this lippie after I purchased the gloss in Jean Queen. This lippie is a little coral/rose as compared to the gloss which is a pink on my lips. I find it's a safe color to wear on a daily basis. Wears ok, it did not survive lunch though. I will be buying more LQ lippies in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by z71krystal

I love this natural pink (almost soft watermelon coral) lippie! I'm always feel as though I look healthy or young with this shade. It's a great everyday color and there is something about wearing lipstick as opposed to lipgloss that makes a girl feel a little more glamorous. I found it to be moisturizing as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Yes I'm hooked on this line. I had read several reviews on this and eyed it at Ulta a few times and finally swatched it. I'm generally a cool tone, However, once in a while something will come out very warm toned on me. I see a lot of reviews say they got a pink or Pink/rosey color on their lips. Jean Queen actually gave me a coral/rose hue. Very pretty very wearable. This is a little more opaque than medievil or hello sailor but not a matte at all. I can wear this dressed down or up depending on my other makeup.

Yep this is $$$ but if I'm wearing it and not letting it sit in the tube I'll make that treat for myself. I am a drug store dupe queen but I have to say I am liking a lot of this line for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by syashimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the hunt for a MLBB lipstick, so I was recommended Jean Queen. I've never heard of Lipstick Queen, and I thought the concept behind it is quite gimmicky.

I tried Jean Queen at the shop and liked it straight away! It's a bit rosy compared to my natural lip colour, but it doesn't dry out my lips, which is a major plus!

About two hours into wearing the lipstick, I realised the "shine" in the lipstick has faded and my lips looked like it had some lip stain on... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I was expecting it to last a little bit longer.

Personally I wouldn't buy it again. So the hunt for my holy grail MLBB lipstick continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I love Poppy and her Chinatown Gloss Pencils, I'm finding myself disenchanted with her lipsticks. This looked like a great shade for me, so I jumped to buy it. I found it somewhat difficult to apply (dragged over my lips), not at all glossy, and very drying, as I find all LQ's lipsticks to be. And although the shade is good, it's not great. I swapped it away, and I hope the other person's enjoying it. I don't see myself buying more Lipstick Queen lipsticks in the future--too drying, and the shades are not unique.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hamelma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read slot about this lipstick, and decided to give it a try. I love sheer lip colors, and I read a lot of positive reviews from cool-toned gals so I ordered it.

As soon as I put it on I thought " oh heck no". I couldn't wipe it off quickly enough.

It looked garish, and I didn't think it was cool toned enough. It looked to warm/reddish on me.

I have no complaints about the quality of the lippie, or the packaging.

I just didn't find it to be universally flattering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

count me a converted among the sceptics.
I would constantly walk past this boring, bland looking lipstick at my local Kit Cosmetics. there was always muuuuuuch better, more interesting trends to go by.
I had always considered MLBB lip colours to be pale concealer nudes, light pastel pinks etc...and never really grasped the concept of My Natural Lip Colour But Better, which would be a light flushed pinky rose.

I myself am a fan of Poppy King and her Lipstick Queen line, being a lipstick queen (translation: lipstick hoarder) myself.
Being a bit tired of wearing drastic colours to work- the usual being bright blue based reds to go with my 50's style wardrobe, or a pale nude to go with a smokey eye on a night out.
Realising I really had nothing to go with simple legings and tshirt days (aka casual), I decided to go on the hunt for this elsusive MNLBB.
Googling it, this was one of the photos that came up. Initially it was a lovely dusty translucent creamy rosy pink, with a shiny balmy looking texture. I had to have it. But the description said Jean Queen....thinking 'you mean that boring dirty rose LQ makes?'

I decided to look up reviews. Lo and behold, most people love it, so I lashed out without even testing it on my lips.
It has turned out to be the perfect every day colour. I'm wondering if this is going to be turning into my every day lip. Such a beautiful, effortless but flattering colour I can see suiting a huge range of colours. Happy Lipsticking!