August 1, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Jean Queen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really love this lipstick, its a very sheer, shiny rose on my lips. unfortunately i had to return it because it has zero staying power. you literally put it on and seconds later its like your lips just suck all the color right up. its very moisturizing, has the perfect amount of shine and its the perfect MLBB color for my pigmented lips. i love everything about it, but seriously, for $20.00 plus tax this should have SOME staying power! its only 11:30 am and i've re-applied it 4 times already since 9:00 am and i have not even eaten anything yet. at this rate, the entire tube will be gone before the weeks out!

cute blue tube packaging and i can see why this would look great with "blue jeans", its a perfect color to wear every single day for a nice polished casual look.

i WANT to give it a 5 lippie but i just cant. because of the lack of staying power this gets a solid 3 lippies. if this stayed on, i wouldnt care about the price!

going to trade it in for one of the china sticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I end up getting this lippie after I purchased the gloss in Jean Queen. This lippie is a little coral/rose as compared to the gloss which is a pink on my lips. I find it's a safe color to wear on a daily basis. Wears ok, it did not survive lunch though. I will be buying more LQ lippies in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by z71krystal

I love this natural pink (almost soft watermelon coral) lippie! I'm always feel as though I look healthy or young with this shade. It's a great everyday color and there is something about wearing lipstick as opposed to lipgloss that makes a girl feel a little more glamorous. I found it to be moisturizing as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Yes I'm hooked on this line. I had read several reviews on this and eyed it at Ulta a few times and finally swatched it. I'm generally a cool tone, However, once in a while something will come out very warm toned on me. I see a lot of reviews say they got a pink or Pink/rosey color on their lips. Jean Queen actually gave me a coral/rose hue. Very pretty very wearable. This is a little more opaque than medievil or hello sailor but not a matte at all. I can wear this dressed down or up depending on my other makeup.

Yep this is $$$ but if I'm wearing it and not letting it sit in the tube I'll make that treat for myself. I am a drug store dupe queen but I have to say I am liking a lot of this line for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by syashimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the hunt for a MLBB lipstick, so I was recommended Jean Queen. I've never heard of Lipstick Queen, and I thought the concept behind it is quite gimmicky.

I tried Jean Queen at the shop and liked it straight away! It's a bit rosy compared to my natural lip colour, but it doesn't dry out my lips, which is a major plus!

About two hours into wearing the lipstick, I realised the "shine" in the lipstick has faded and my lips looked like it had some lip stain on... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I was expecting it to last a little bit longer.

Personally I wouldn't buy it again. So the hunt for my holy grail MLBB lipstick continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I love Poppy and her Chinatown Gloss Pencils, I'm finding myself disenchanted with her lipsticks. This looked like a great shade for me, so I jumped to buy it. I found it somewhat difficult to apply (dragged over my lips), not at all glossy, and very drying, as I find all LQ's lipsticks to be. And although the shade is good, it's not great. I swapped it away, and I hope the other person's enjoying it. I don't see myself buying more Lipstick Queen lipsticks in the future--too drying, and the shades are not unique.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hamelma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read slot about this lipstick, and decided to give it a try. I love sheer lip colors, and I read a lot of positive reviews from cool-toned gals so I ordered it.

As soon as I put it on I thought " oh heck no". I couldn't wipe it off quickly enough.

It looked garish, and I didn't think it was cool toned enough. It looked to warm/reddish on me.

I have no complaints about the quality of the lippie, or the packaging.

I just didn't find it to be universally flattering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

count me a converted among the sceptics.
I would constantly walk past this boring, bland looking lipstick at my local Kit Cosmetics. there was always muuuuuuch better, more interesting trends to go by.
I had always considered MLBB lip colours to be pale concealer nudes, light pastel pinks etc...and never really grasped the concept of My Natural Lip Colour But Better, which would be a light flushed pinky rose.

I myself am a fan of Poppy King and her Lipstick Queen line, being a lipstick queen (translation: lipstick hoarder) myself.
Being a bit tired of wearing drastic colours to work- the usual being bright blue based reds to go with my 50's style wardrobe, or a pale nude to go with a smokey eye on a night out.
Realising I really had nothing to go with simple legings and tshirt days (aka casual), I decided to go on the hunt for this elsusive MNLBB.
Googling it, this was one of the photos that came up. Initially it was a lovely dusty translucent creamy rosy pink, with a shiny balmy looking texture. I had to have it. But the description said Jean Queen....thinking 'you mean that boring dirty rose LQ makes?'

I decided to look up reviews. Lo and behold, most people love it, so I lashed out without even testing it on my lips.
It has turned out to be the perfect every day colour. I'm wondering if this is going to be turning into my every day lip. Such a beautiful, effortless but flattering colour I can see suiting a huge range of colours. Happy Lipsticking!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this color! I'm generally skeptical of "universally flattering" lipsticks as I'm kinda picky about lip colors. I don't look great in warm toned colors, extremely cool toned colors and a lot of "neutral" shades read too warm on my complexion. Moderately cool lippies tend to work best, and that's about how I'd describe this pink. It's a true medium pink, slightly blue in its undertone, but not so much that it starts to lean violet or fuchsia. At least on my NW20 complexion, it's a flattering, natural shade of rosy pink.

My lips are pale and I look totally washed out if I don't wear lipstick. Jean Queen is the perfect shade to perk up my face, and the translucency of the color lets enough of my lips to peak through that they don't look obviously made up. The finish has just the right level of gloss, looking more like you've just licked your lips than that you're wearing something shiny.The formula is soft and comfortable to wear. It's definitely one of the most moisturizing lipsticks I've tried, though it's no replacement for lip balm.

My only complaint with this product is its wear time. I get maybe an hour before I need to reapply. I feel that's to be expected though when using a sheer, glossy lipstick so I'm not too annoyed about having to reapply so regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Thrillmore1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great MLBB colour for me. The idea of a lipstick made to be worn with jeans is a little hokey to me but I am glad I picked this one up. Its great to slick on quickly for a no fuss, polished look. I have skin that is quite pale and I really think this perks up my whole face. I also really enjoy the texture. Light and doesn't leave my lips a dried out mess. Due to this slippery texture it tends to wear off quite quickly but it feels so nice, its worth it to have to reapply. I don't normally spend so much on a lipstick but this was a great buy for me as I do find myself reaching for it often. Its worth the splurge for me if I get alot of use out of it. Packaging is also simple and chic which I enjoy. I will definetly be checking out some other LQ shades.