April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Styling Products - Rusk - Thermal Shine Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product - HG status! I have been searching for a heat protectant for years...never liking the usual recommendations of Tresseme, CHI, etc (found them drying and dulling). I tried this on a whim and am so pleased. It protects my hair and gives it incredible shine and movement. It's weightless in my hair (which is fine-medium) and I haven't had any build-up. The scent could be better (it smells a bit like hairspray) but it's not a deal breaker and dissipates into a lighter scent. It sprays like a misty hairspray but there's NO crunchy result. Another benefit of this product is that it keeps my hair smooth and straight! I've used about five cans so far and will buy it again and again. It's 4.4 oz. and depending on where I purchased, it's between $14-$16. I'm worried that it might be discontinued because I saw it at TJ Maxx recently for $6.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

One spritz of this shine spray and my hair instantly transforms from dull to dynamic! Awesome product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by krazayy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off: If you buy any Rusk products, your best bet is Marshalls. They sell lots of salon brands, including Rusk and Biosilk.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest first because I found this spray for several dollars cheaper at Marshalls just a few days after I'd bought it. (sigh) But I digress.

Anyway, back to the product. This product does a good job of eliminating frizz and adding back some shine. I have fine hair and it doesn't make it too greasy. I enjoy using it as a dry conditioner on days where I use dry shampoo--it eliminates some of the frizz that my dry shampoo tends to create. I like the smell and the light finish.

That being said--this product didn't change my life, the amount of shine isn't super impressive, and the price for such a small can is rather ridiculous. Hence, why I probably won't buy again. Bottom line, it's good but not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Brunettbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this makes my hair super shiny and i get allott of compliments love ti<3 words canot dicribe how much i love this! i pair it with rusk deepshine keritian care shampoo and conditioner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, how I love this shine spray! Gives my fine hair a pretty, natural-looking sheen without weighing it down. Now that I've discovered this, I don't want to be without it. I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by luckybat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i have been using this product for a couple years, and i cannot live without it. i have highlighted dark blond hair that is fine, but i have lots of it. i wash my hair every other day, and tend to get oily roots by the third day if i give it a "rest". i highlite at home, so it gets very dry, dull and tangly :( (also, i live where the water is very hard, and i don't have a water softener. i notice when i go somewhere with soft water, my hair is softer, and more oily.). i tried everything that said "shine" on the package to try to fix my damaged hair, but nothing ever worked til i came across this. i thought it was something u spray on dry hair to make it shiny, but it turned out to be so much better than that! it completely transformed the texture of my hair, making it super soft and silky. i spray it on while my hair is wet, and let it dry naturally in the summer, but the effects are really noticeable when i use a hairdryer. the tangles pull out easier, and my hair is super soft and touchable. the shine could be shinier, but i'm not complaining. it has turned my hair from straw into soft and smooth silk! i have shoulder length hair, and probably use a bottle every 2 or 3 months. (the smell is nice, but strong. i spray in one room, then run into another to do something else for a while!) the bottles are small, and cost me $16 at Ulta, but i wait til they are on sale, then stock up :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Not a fan of this...used as instructed on the can but I found it left my hair sort of hard as if there was hairspray in it. I like my hair to be soft to the touch and my products light. I got this when I purchased a RUSK straightener but I checked the price and it is ridiculous for this tiny can so I will not be purchasing this on my own. My can has been sitting around for almost a year now without being touched so its likely that I'll throw it away soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by swallydbrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product for free when I purchased the Babyliss conical wand, and I fell in love with it. I have very fine hair, and this thermal spray manages to give my hair shine and protection without weighing it down and making it oily as most heat protectant sprays do. Love it!