October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra Eye Shadow - 19 Enigma

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jsocali

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my favorite eyeshadow quads! Love the smoky eye look, but with a lighter hand it can work during the day easily. Great color-payoff and every color seemed to look great. The only color that didn't really give a lot of "oomph" was the light pink/peachy one, but it works after I blend it with something else. I have combination skin and the colors lasted more than 10 hrs for me with primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another gift from a pal! Had to look up the price point. It's high end alright, lol. I didn't think these shadows would work because they are powders, however I now wear a creamy base underneath them and they really hold on to the skin without drying it out. The shades are neutral enough for daytime/office yet can be deepened for a bolder eye if I need it.

The fall out is considerable imo. I do better patting these on than brushing them on. Careful blending makes them look gorgeous the peach patted along the brow bone and blended. My skin-tone is NC40 which can take the deeper tones. There is a considerable amount of shimmer, but they shimmer wears off quickly. I'm really happy that all four shades are so wearable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at USD$54 at Saigon airport yesterday and I LOVE IT. I was worried that the round pans meant that the colours werent as pigmented as the sqaure pans but I was wrong! the pink/peach shimmery colour comes out as a beautiful gold highlighter with peachy undertones.

I was torn between choosing Enigma and Mystic Eyes. I really like the taupey and bronzey colours but I like the deep browns in Enigma.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've loved using this quad recently, you can build up the colours for a nightime look or use it as a daytime look! The peach colour is great as an all over lid colour and the rest are awesome as outer corner colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought one, then I bought a back up.

I love this quad probably more than I love my other Chanel quads.. and I have a respectable number of them... but this one can go from soft day looks to more sophisticated and important night looks with smokier looking eyes. The colours if used wet for night stay on until the following day.. I have tested them for this lol.

The price? high, but Chanel quality shines in this one.. the shadows are smooth, not chalky and full of pigment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by julees70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful quad from Chanel! The colors look dark in the case but goes on sheer, does have more glitter than some other Chanel shadows I've tried. I actually like using MAC color pigment in Vanilla with this as a highlighter right under my brows and in the corners of my eyes when going out - they actually go really well together. Enigma is probably a bit too much for the office, but for a night out it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by penultimateVII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't own many eye-shadow palettes, usually preferring to buy single shadows however I made an exception for this one. The colours are fantastic for showcasing my hazel eyes, especially the eggplant shade on the bottom right. I generally use the eggplant shade with a slight dusting of the more sparkly, purple shade on top and the stunning shimmering pink in the inner corner. I find that the colours work best with a nude or pink lip and a pink cheek.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette online after hearing a couple of good reviews on you tube. I was a bit dubious of the colours when I first opened to box up. I am quite pale (NC15-20) and generally stick to neutral shadows (nothing over the top or brightly pigmented) - think Bobbi Brown or Naked Palette.

I was pleasantly surprised by the colours. I would consider them medium shimmered - still useable for work/day wear. If you dont like shimmer then don't buy this palette as each shadow has shimmer in it. On my skin they are quite highly pigmented so I am careful to apply the darker colours with my brushed and blend, blend, blend. The darkest colour is good for me as a liner, although I would need to touch up once during the day.

You can build the colours up to get the dramatic smokey eye look too.

It is of superb quality but hey - it's Chanel! Nice compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-its so unfair that in eurpe they only sell the stupid baked-caked round verions of all the quads! they are impossible for me to use! i just look like ive been punched because they are not managable or blendable in any way once their on the eye. so i did tryed to use my enigma quad (which has soo beautifull colours that sparkel and look lovely) when i got it for a few times but never could handle the baked-shadows. i m not a makup-artist so i cant controll these baked shadows. i would buy the american-version of them in a hartbeat! everybody in the u.s says their great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorwise, this is a palette which I wish it was permanent. I love mauve/khaki/eggplant colors so much and this quad has them all. The colors have been described accurately, although the bottom left one, which is refered to as gray, is a sparkling mauve on me. However, I have two issues with this product. First of all, I don't find the shadows particularly pigmented. I have to use a lot of product to show up really dark (and I have fair skin). This means that, since I love the colors so much and I use them almost everyday, I will run out soon. Second, there is fall-out with this palette, which makes it messy. Dark specks fall in the lightest color all the time. Anyway, I would repurchase if I could, because I believe Chanel colors are the best.