Urban Decay Twisted

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/12/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the only UD eyeshadow that I have a back up of (it was tragically discontinued). This shadow is a glittery piece of goodness!! I usually hate any shadow I have to use wet, but Twisted is SO pretty used wet, that I don't mind the hassle. It's a pale buttery yellow infused with tiny pieces of gold & silver microglitter. I use this wet on my lid just above my pupil, and that's about all it takes to really make my eyes glisten. Definitely unique and gorgeous! One of my all tim favorite UD shadows!!

on 12/17/2007 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

beautiful gold! not too over the top. made my brown eyes pop. why oh why did they discontinue?

on 3/12/2007 10:48:00 PM

I really love this eyeshadow/color. It is my favorite! It is discontinued but I was able to find it again after 2yrs on ebay NIB. I bought a couple. This highlights my hazel eyecolor and I receive so many compliments. I am not a big eyeshadow fan but use a little to highlight my eyes and this just makes them pop. I have tried several different colors from UD and from other companies to try to match but nothing compares! This is the best!!!!

on 4/22/2005 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

I love this color. I got it for seven bucks or so from the RIP section on the UD sight. This is a great color for every day use...by itself or with other colors. Maybe I should buy another one in case I run out....
Love it.

on 4/1/2005 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like this!
All of the "yellow" talk in other reviews made me a little uneasy, since my skin is a pinkish cool-toned ivory, and I do NOT do yellow well at all.
But this shadow is a nice, wearable shimmery/sparkly pale gold, and I think it will be perfect for those occasions when I want a light gold browbone highlighter. highlighter. I'd classify it as more "neutral" than "warm," and for me that's good. It seems to me to have fine pigmentation, and the same silky-smooth texture and easy blendability of other UD shadows.
I feel that "Vapor" is the perfect silver, and "Twisted" is the perfect gold, so now I have a complete set.
The only reason this gets a 4 from me instead of a 5 is that I have noticed some stray glitter on my cheeks, a problem I haven't had with other UD shadows.
It's still a great eyeshadow, and I would happily buy it again if it were not being discontinued. :(
I'm hoping that Urban Decay will bring out a new, equally beautiful gold shadow in the future.

on 3/20/2005 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Well, if you want it, better hurry, because it's listed as an RIP product on the UD site.

Twisted looks great on my PPP skin, and I really haven't had much of a problem with migrating glitter. The glitter is so tiny that it isn't really noticeable on my cheeks.

On me, twisted shows up as light metallic golden-yellow. I enjoy using it as an allover lid color, and I also thinks it makes a great browbone highlighter. It looks especially good on brows over a blue with gold flash eyeshadow.

I think it's plenty pigmented, and it looks very good with my eyes, since they are blue with hints of gold.

A very glitterey yellow-gold. I use this to layer over other shadows but you may have to be careful if you donīt like the glitter migrating. I believe it looks best on olive or slightly tan skin. No irritations whatsoever, although I do wear contacts and it is long lasting, too.

on 6/2/2003 10:52:00 AM

Don't like this colour cos I think you can get a much nicer effect by using a richer gold colour. This is a yellow colour with silvery glitter but when you put it on it goes on as a very dull yellow colour. Not really a nice look at all. Go for other UD colours. (And if its a nice yellow you are looking for, try polyester bride. D.xx

on 5/19/2003 2:11:00 AM

I find this to be a khaki-ed yellow/gold. And i love it on my olive/brown skin. THe glitter is cool which sux, cuz i want to wear it w/ the twisted pen. DUH!!! SHouldn't they match? They totally don't. But I still like the shadow. Tons of glitter is fine w/ me, otherwise i would just use some other plain 'ol shadow. But I do wish UD would do more non-glitter stuff, b/c the texture of their shadows is so amazing.

on 2/20/2003 4:43:00 AM

Twisted is a basic yellow gold shade with shimmer. The glitter particles aren't excessively huge so it's not that bad.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products