October 26, 2014 | 1441 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Naeiii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product and value.

I never use foundation, so I cannot say if it works well as a foundation base. I do use this primer as an all over base to blur uneven tones and oiliness. It leaves the skin feeling velvety. I then apply concealer and dust on lightweight finiishing powder, Mineral Veil or something close to it. This primer helps it all of set and last. I don't look made-up but my skin looks like it has an even, healthy finish even on days when my fair skin is blotchy, or shiny, or freckle-y.

PD I also use this primer in my DIY concealer. I add a loose powder concealer as the pigment and thicken it up with a drop of opaque squeeze-tube concealer and small bits of unmedicated lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

You may want to keep in mind that this is the only primer I've ever used, but I LOVE this stuff! I only wear foundation (and primer) for special events, generally at night, so I don't feel like I can really comment on if it makes my makeup last longer, but it does make my skin look flawless! I have small pores to begin with, but with this primer--POOF!--no pores at all.

I apply it after my moisturizer under all of my makeup. I've had the same tube for at least a couple of years--a little goes a long way. The packing isn't pretty, but it serves its purpose and I like that it takes up very little space in my makeup bag.

I don't have a single complaint about this product, nor will I ever forego using it under my foundation, so I will repurchase and have no desire to try more expensive primers. When I bought this, it was around $6 at Sally's Beauty--an awesome value.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I have used a lot of primers from ELF to Smashbox. This was recommended by a SA at Sally's. When I wanted to purchase the Palladio Herbal Primer, she told me that this is less expensive and it is used by a lot of makeup artists. Sure enough, it worked great. I use this before applying my mineral foundation and it does wonders. My skin looks flawless while my face is full of flaws. The mineral makeup stays on this forever. Highly recommended, especially for oily skin gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by EVS702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Okay to be fair, I've only been using it for a few days. I have really oily, acne prone skin and I use Meow Cosmetics mineral makeup in the Slinky Mau. I used to use the Premier Puss Primer powder they had but I would usually be oily again in about 4 hours. I was elated that after my 8 hour shift my face was still matte with the Claudia Stevens!! I have not experienced any break outs with the product so far and I will keep using it until something changes :-) and for $6.00 it's a steal!
EDIT**8/23/12**
I've been using the Facial Prep Foundation Base one. I love this. I use it every time I need to wear makeup. The big sell was when I spent 3 hours in 100 degree weather at night going down a massive slip n slide that was covered in dish soap. I had soapy water being thrown in my face all night and when I got home there were no water marks or running makeup and my face was still matte. I hope they never stop selling this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by RadioactiveRainbow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It is a really good primer but its just not for me. It does make my skin a Little flaky but it ALWAYS breaks me out. Always always always. When I stopp using it my skin clears up right after.I guess it wasnt meant to be

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by BrookeRosser

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The claudia stevens anti-redness primer is the worst! It made my skin really dry and flaky and my makeup would peel off with the primer and then my face was red from it. I would not recommend anyone get this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Liiizzzaaayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ehhh... I was really excited to try this primer after reading all the awesome reviews, but after a few days of using this, my skin started to get really irritated for some reason. It became dry & itchy and started to break out a bit. As soon as I stopped using it my skin went back to normal. I guess it just isn't the primer for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kbhunny86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product! Purchased it at Sally's for $7.99 on sale, and it works GREAT! I moisturize my face and apply this directly and it's a perfect blend. My skin looks smooth and my makeup lasts all day! I love the silky feeling when you are applying it! Gives a perfect matte look! Will definitely keep buying!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Lalipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a horrible primer for me. It makes my skin dry in stead of smooth and it may help slightly to make my make-up look less smooth but it does NOT help my foundation go longer and if anything it makes it go off quicker and makes my skin cakey. I really don't know why it goes so dry on my skin but it's yucky. The texture of the gel is also not very good to blend with compared to my other primer. I had good hopes for this after seeing relatively good reviews but I'm so disappointed with this.

EDIT: I have since improved my skincare routine and found that this product is not so bad as I thought it was and it seems to do a decent job now and keeping my foundation in place. Still not as good as my other primer I have though and I think there may be better out there but for the time being this one does smooth it out a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this stuff is great, and cheap. I bought mine at Sally Beauty Supply for about $5, for 1 oz, and I couldn't be happier.

It creates a silky finish on my face, and my mineral foundation applies more smoothly when I use this. (Which is now everyday. The one time I skipped it, to save time, I noticed my foundation didn't apply as well.)

I like the packaging, a simple squeeze tube. It's easy to travel with, and I haven't had any problems with it leaking in my makeup bag.

Now a staple of my makeup routine.