Claudia Stevens Facial Prep Foundation Base

4.2

DIMETHICONE ,DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,SILICA ,PHENOXYETHANOL ,ETHYLPARABEN ,PROPYLPARABEN ,METHYLPARABEN ,BUTYLPARABEN ,ISOBUTYLPARABEN ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,MANGANESE GLUCONATE ,ALGAE EXTRACT ,CICHORIUM INTYBUS (CHICORY) ROOT EXTRACT ,MALTOSE

on 2/2/2015 10:41:00 PM

This is the best primer I've ever used. It feels like silk on my skin and my makeup lasts for 6+ hours. I ran out and tried another primer that was over $30 and I ended up returning it because it wasn't as good. I've never had any problems with breaking out but maybe it's because I'm older.

on 11/21/2014 9:40:00 PM

I love this product... Facial Prep FOUNDATION BASE is wonderful. I use it with my base on a daily basis. It glides on like a moisturizer and have a wonderful matte finish and last all day and into the night.
Your makeup looks flawless and NO make up lines around the jaw bone or chin.

My skin is red and has splotches and this gives me a beautiful even tone before I add any other cheek or eyes. I also have sensitive skin and after using for a little over a year I have not had any reactions.

I was purchasing from Sally's Beauty Supply but they are not carrying it anymore and I am trying to find online and that is how I ended up here... the print is a little small and I need to know where to get some before I run out.

Please help me if you can find an online retailer or store in the Spring, Woodlands or Houston area???

on 2/22/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Great product and value.

I never use foundation, so I cannot say if it works well as a foundation base. I do use this primer as an all over base to blur uneven tones and oiliness. It leaves the skin feeling velvety. I then apply concealer and dust on lightweight finiishing powder, Mineral Veil or something close to it. This primer helps it all of set and last. I don't look made-up but my skin looks like it has an even, healthy finish even on days when my fair skin is blotchy, or shiny, or freckle-y.

PD I also use this primer in my DIY concealer. I add a loose powder concealer as the pigment and thicken it up with a drop of opaque squeeze-tube concealer and small bits of unmedicated lip balm.

on 12/10/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

You may want to keep in mind that this is the only primer I've ever used, but I LOVE this stuff! I only wear foundation (and primer) for special events, generally at night, so I don't feel like I can really comment on if it makes my makeup last longer, but it does make my skin look flawless! I have small pores to begin with, but with this primer--POOF!--no pores at all.

I apply it after my moisturizer under all of my makeup. I've had the same tube for at least a couple of years--a little goes a long way. The packing isn't pretty, but it serves its purpose and I like that it takes up very little space in my makeup bag.

I don't have a single complaint about this product, nor will I ever forego using it under my foundation, so I will repurchase and have no desire to try more expensive primers. When I bought this, it was around $6 at Sally's Beauty--an awesome value.

on 11/24/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used a lot of primers from ELF to Smashbox. This was recommended by a SA at Sally's. When I wanted to purchase the Palladio Herbal Primer, she told me that this is less expensive and it is used by a lot of makeup artists. Sure enough, it worked great. I use this before applying my mineral foundation and it does wonders. My skin looks flawless while my face is full of flaws. The mineral makeup stays on this forever. Highly recommended, especially for oily skin gals.

on 7/23/2012 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! Okay to be fair, I've only been using it for a few days. I have really oily, acne prone skin and I use Meow Cosmetics mineral makeup in the Slinky Mau. I used to use the Premier Puss Primer powder they had but I would usually be oily again in about 4 hours. I was elated that after my 8 hour shift my face was still matte with the Claudia Stevens!! I have not experienced any break outs with the product so far and I will keep using it until something changes :-) and for $6.00 it's a steal!
EDIT**8/23/12**
I've been using the Facial Prep Foundation Base one. I love this. I use it every time I need to wear makeup. The big sell was when I spent 3 hours in 100 degree weather at night going down a massive slip n slide that was covered in dish soap. I had soapy water being thrown in my face all night and when I got home there were no water marks or running makeup and my face was still matte. I hope they never stop selling this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It is a really good primer but its just not for me. It does make my skin a Little flaky but it ALWAYS breaks me out. Always always always. When I stopp using it my skin clears up right after.I guess it wasnt meant to be

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The claudia stevens anti-redness primer is the worst! It made my skin really dry and flaky and my makeup would peel off with the primer and then my face was red from it. I would not recommend anyone get this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Ehhh... I was really excited to try this primer after reading all the awesome reviews, but after a few days of using this, my skin started to get really irritated for some reason. It became dry & itchy and started to break out a bit. As soon as I stopped using it my skin went back to normal. I guess it just isn't the primer for me :(

on 12/12/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product! Purchased it at Sally's for $7.99 on sale, and it works GREAT! I moisturize my face and apply this directly and it's a perfect blend. My skin looks smooth and my makeup lasts all day! I love the silky feeling when you are applying it! Gives a perfect matte look! Will definitely keep buying!

Popular Primer/ Correctors