St.Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Ethoxydiglycol, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Bisulfite, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamal, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Caramel, Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 40 (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) 6/15/2012

on 7/15/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Am I the only one who doesn't like this? On me, it doesn't matter how much I exfoliate, or how many different ways I've tried to use it, I ALWAYS end up looking patchy. Which is a bummer because this isn't cheap... So disappointed. Also, the smell is HORRID. you NEED to shower before leaving your house, because the smell is potent. Never buying again.

on 7/10/2015 11:34:00 AM

As a beauty blogger i try a lot, this one is worth mentioning. I am naturally tan so this just enhnces the color and it looks so amazing, like i just got back from the beach. Not sure how it would look on super pale skin though. No strikes, super easy to use, dries easily, colour is super natural!!! I love natural looking tans...for those who are complaining its too light, i am like- do you really like to look cheap and overcooked?:) amazing product. Its enough with small size 50ml to last long time. Smells amazing. Girls, use tanner that is max 2 shades darker, please. Staying classy tanned is the best way:)

on 6/29/2015 8:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

The only complaints I have about this tanner are the smell and the colour intensity. It has that self tanner smell and it takes a few layers to build it up to a dark tan, meaning you are going through product quicker, and this stuff isn't cheap to keep repurchasing! However, apart from that, this is a really amazing tanner - the colour is very natural, not orange or green, and the application process is much easier than other tans because of the colour guard. It hardly streaks and even if you don't apply it evenly, any streaks will wash off in the shower leaving an even tan.

on 6/17/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the winter to start using every week or so. And now it's the summer and I'm still buying it and using it! Safer than real sun! And so easy to apply. Takes 5 minutes or less. And I've NEVER had any streaks. It will get on your clothes or sheets a little but easy to get out. I always wear dark or red clothes when I put it on though just to be sure it doesn't stain. I bought the mitt and used it at first but found it to be easier to apply with my hands and then immediately scrub them in the sink with soap. Smell is not bad! Stickiness is not bad! Color is great. So natural looking. I am hooked.

on 4/3/2015 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have heard many things about St. Tropez and after running out of some of my Fake Bake sunless tanners, I had to give this a whirl. I generally have better luck with sunless tanners in the mousse form than the lotion or spray form.
I find the St. Tropez bronzing mousse super easy to apply and work with, as long as you have a mitt for sunless tanning. That way it keeps the mess off your hands and the mousse is easier to spread around.
I always shave and exfoliate the day before I self tan. I keep my skin well moisturized and just before applying, I apply extra moisturizer to my elbows, wrists, fingers, knees & toes because those areas can be easy to overdo with sunless tanner. I have never had an issue with this mousse streaking when I apply it. It also dries fast so you can get dressed and go out, but I normally save my self tanning in the evening before bed.
I normally have light to medium skin, so I do find the initial application of this to be more on the golden side than the deep bronze side. However, the color it gives you is gorgeous and natural looking and if you want a darker tan, you could always apply more.
This fades off my skin naturally without looking patchy or fake. The initial smell of this is fresh, but it does start to stink after a while due to the DHA, which isn't a big deal if you are used to sunless tanning.
I would definitely buy this again and love how easy it is to apply and the foolproof color you get!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this stuff last year when I dyed my hair blond, and I thought it was wonderful. I bought it at Sephora. In the past I'd tried various drug store self tanners, and they always left me looking orange, so I wanted to try something high end , and this was recommended in, Allure, magazine. It's a great self tanner! I never shave before I use it or any tanner, because it will get in your pores and leave spots. I always use it at night, wake up with a tan, and then shave and wash/buff the excess color off. I would re-buy this, I really liked how it gave me a deep olive toned tan. I can't tan at all, I just burn for weeks, and then might end up with a slight golden tan and more freckles, so this is is awesome in my book. I would say it stayed with me for a good three to five days before I wanted to re-do it, but that's with shaving every other day or so. It fades as you shave I noticed. And I totally dig the weird/beachy tan smell it has!

on 3/23/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I always use the Líoreal sublime bronze luminous bronzer and it works beautifully. I figured if I try something highend it will be even better however, something in this product gave me an allergic reaction luckily I only used it on my legs and not on my whole body. I donít even have sensitive skin. I was excited to try this because of the great reviews but itís no good it didnít even give me a good color payoff it just gave me little red bumps. Waste of money!

on 1/18/2015 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This self-tanner is quite good, but not perfect when compared to other similar products (namely the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam). It applies well, the colour pay off is good but I wouldn't say I was super 'tanned' after use. I am not naturally tanned but I was only 1, maybe 2, shades darker after an overnight application. The major issue I have with this product is that it dries very quickly. This is great if you need to put on clothes and get on with your day soon after tanning, but it also means that it is not super forgiving when it comes to blending out streaks and making sure the application is even. I have used it a few times and every time has been a somewhat stressful experience because it dries so quickly and is difficult to spread once applied (even with the St Tropez Mitt). I found that I had a few patchy bits despite thorough exfoliation and moisturising typically patchy areas. This self tanner might be worth 4 lippies but because of the price ($40 for the baby size and $60 for standard/bigger size) I am giving it 3 lippies. If you have access to it, the Bondi Sands Tanning Foam is absolutely amazing and a true 5-star product!

on 1/15/2015 3:30:00 AM

Amazing stuff, I actually won this from a magazine and at first I wasnt sure if I'd ever use it, but I'm really pale and I thought it'd be to dark, but I tried it and its gorgeous it blends so evenly and fades gracefully it also smells like cinnamon apples to me which is nice and its not too dark out looks so natural and lasts for quite a while, definitely will repurchase

on 1/13/2015 6:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this fake tan. I have tried every fake tan under the sun. I have a pale skin in winter and I do go slightly tanned in summer. This tan is the most natural looking tan I have found and I have used every tan on the market (literally). It is so easy to apply. Some mousses I find take a while to rub in, this glides on effortlessly and you can literally do your whole body in 5 minutes. It dries, does not rub off and smells pleasant. The colour is great, does not stick in the pores on legs, and instead of coming off in orange clumpy patches like most tans, it just seems to wash off and fade out over 5-7 days. The key to this tan looking amazing is always prepping the skin, with plenty of moisturiser prior and exfoliating etc. Could not rate this highly enough.

Popular Bronzers