April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by jalala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In a nutshell, after my first use yesterday here's my honest review:
Smell:
There's a definite smell especially after it dries and the perfume scent goes away. It's the same self tanning smell you get with all others and just as strong in my opinion. Don't know why most reviews say there's "no smell" ??
Streaking:
It's possible to streak if you're not absolutely careful to cover well. Good news is you can go back and put more on to somewhat fix it even after it dries. I'm a newbie at this product but I've never streaked with most other products I've used.
Colour:
Quite natural. There's a green pigment in it that safeguards against Oompa Loompa Syndrome.
Price:
Extremely high but I got mine free using my SDM points (Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada)
Pro:
Instant tan. No waiting for colour. For this reason alone I would buy again.
Drying process:
Although it feels dry almost instantly, be careful not to get wet (by sweat or water) for the 4 hours they tell you. Good thing is if you over did it in one area, you can get a damp tissue and wipe off access. I did it before bed.
Application:
A breeze with the glove. Draw a short line in the centre of the glove with the product, fold in half and wipe on from head to toe. I did it in this order: 1) face, shoulders & dťcolletť 2) Left arm to back shoulder blade 3) Right arm to back shoulder blade 4) belly and back 5) Right lower leg 6) Right upper Leg 7) Left lower leg 8) Left upper leg. I got the bigger bottle so maybe I was liberal in my application but I felt I needed to in order to cover it all and I even missed a few places (under my arms and my inner thighs).
Would have given it an overall 5 rating if there was truly no smell and it truly didn't streak. I've given it full marks for longevity but I really don't know yet till I've showered. (just applied it last night and did touch ups this morning). Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Just got a sample of this from Sephora. Not really a self tanner person, but thought I'd check it out. Used it last night with a mitt. I liked that it had a tint, but I found it hard to rub in. I don't know if it was the mitt or the mousse, but it didn't glide easily over my skin. The good thing about this is it dried fast, did not transfer to my robe or my sheets, the smell was fine. Nothing like the drugstore self tanners I've tried. My favorite part was that it was not sticky. That is why I never self tan, I hate the stickiness of it. The next day after my shower I noticed that I did have streaks. So this is something you should experiment with. The reason I will probably never use this again is because it is not natural. This is orange on me. My skin screams fake tan! When I get sun my skin turns brown. This is not brown at all. Not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by MichelleChambers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best self tanners I have tried thus far. I love the feel of the mousse, it's so soft and light, which makes it really easy to apply. The color is pretty good too, not extremely dark, but not too light. It was the perfect shade of sunkissed! I had a few friends comment on how tan I looked after wearing this product. One of the best things about this product is how fast it dried. I hate waiting around feeling sticky, and this one didnít make me feel like that at all. I did find that it faded pretty quickly though, which is unfortunate. I recommended this product to a friend who went to Hawaii on vacation and she ended up loving it just as much as I do. Being a mother, itís hard to find time for beauty, but this product is so easy and convenient, it only takes a few minutes to apply before bed. Oh and it smells awesome too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am fair but HATE being so... it's tough to find a good self tanner that doesn't make me look like I bathed in oranges for a year, this is a great one.

In my opinion it lasts only a couple of days (does last longer but the colour payoff doesn't last as long).

It's a bit sticky too.. BUT it's great!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lj806

Very light, im pale and still needed atleast 5 applicantions to even notice it. Wouldnt buy again, i have purchased the Dark colour and its wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I do like this tanning mousse but it's pretty time consuming putting it on. The buffing mitt is useless! I will not ever buy the mitt again, just normal gloves work better. I find that no matter how many coats you put on it will all wash off and have the same golden colour, so don't waste your time with the extra coats. If i do want a more deep tan then I will so another coat the next day. It's a lot of effort for just a light golden tan.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Tried this after hearing good things about it and I got £5 off a 240ml bottle. However it still cost £30 which is quite expensive.

The positives are that it smells nice when put on - like Davidoff Cool Water. You still get the fake tan smell after it develops though.

I followed the instructions exactly but on some parts of me it goes patchy when I shower - on my chest and arms and doesn't come off with exfoliant. The colour is ok but I have found that Vita Liberata tan is a better colour and will puchase that one when I run out of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4141

I wanted to like this product. I liked the color after a few applications and it seemed to last on me for usually about a week, but I noticed I had some kind of reaction to it that no other self tanner has ever done.. it would cause extremely dry, itchy patches around my wrists and inside of my forearms that ened up lasting a few weeks... it only seemed to happen on my arms. it did have a stronge frangrance but I am not too sensitive to smells in products.. but because of the reaction I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

I decided to buy the smallest size to test out this product and I have to say that I've enjoyed the ease of application as well as the colour guide. I am not a beginner by any means to self-tanners, however, I've never (ever), with any self-tanning product, experienced any streakiness or other issues like that - these are caused by application, not by the product. If you have an issue with streaks, that means you did something incorrectly.

Now that that's out of the way, the instant colour guide for the regular tanning mousse is amazing!! I can apply two full-body coats using the mitt, one after the other, and have a perfectly bronzed, DARK bod in around 4 hours. Now, the colour guide is mostly responsible for this as I've found. The colour left-over after showering is still a good colour, but I would say about half of your total colour washes off after showering. This wasn't that shocking to me - light colour guards are too hard to use anyway.

I should mention, I don't find that this product starts to smell like DHA ("tanning scent") until the end of the day (around 5pm onward) if I apply it in the morning (around 6:30am). The scent that it has is kind of like Davidoff's Cool Water and to be honest, it can give me a headache - I prefer the scent of DHA, but I find that the St. Tropez scent fades within a few hours or once I apply clothing. I should also mention that they guarantee it will be dry within 60 seconds, and I'd say that - once it has been thoroughly brushed on with the mitt, it is dry enough to put on clothing within about 60 seconds afterwords (although I still wait a bit longer, I usually do this after blow-drying but before flat-ironing my hair, so I have time to kill anyway).

As far as self-tanning products go, this price-point is on par with tanning salon products (it's available at select Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada), but I simply think that next time I will get the Dark formulation. If you are new to this product, get the really small size available of this version, and go from there, whether you'd like to purchase the huge bottle of this regular formula, or the huge bottle of the dark formula, but I'll definitely be purchasing the dark next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by LindseyB123

I like this self tanner but it just wasnt dark enough for me and it only lasted a couple of days. The color is a very natural BEAUTIFUL brown, not orange! But I found myself using just so much product to get the darkness I was trying to achieve! So I went through it pretty quickly. I've purchased it twice, but I'm not sure about a third time.