January 25, 2015 | 1998 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:36:00 AM More reviews by asukadoll

This self-tanner is quite good, but not perfect when compared to other similar products (namely the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam). It applies well, the colour pay off is good but I wouldn't say I was super 'tanned' after use. I am not naturally tanned but I was only 1, maybe 2, shades darker after an overnight application. The major issue I have with this product is that it dries very quickly. This is great if you need to put on clothes and get on with your day soon after tanning, but it also means that it is not super forgiving when it comes to blending out streaks and making sure the application is even. I have used it a few times and every time has been a somewhat stressful experience because it dries so quickly and is difficult to spread once applied (even with the St Tropez Mitt). I found that I had a few patchy bits despite thorough exfoliation and moisturising typically patchy areas. This self tanner might be worth 4 lippies but because of the price ($40 for the baby size and $60 for standard/bigger size) I am giving it 3 lippies. If you have access to it, the Bondi Sands Tanning Foam is absolutely amazing and a true 5-star product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 3:30:00 AM More reviews by nailizz

Amazing stuff, I actually won this from a magazine and at first I wasnt sure if I'd ever use it, but I'm really pale and I thought it'd be to dark, but I tried it and its gorgeous it blends so evenly and fades gracefully it also smells like cinnamon apples to me which is nice and its not too dark out looks so natural and lasts for quite a while, definitely will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett2

I absolutely love this fake tan. I have tried every fake tan under the sun. I have a pale skin in winter and I do go slightly tanned in summer. This tan is the most natural looking tan I have found and I have used every tan on the market (literally). It is so easy to apply. Some mousses I find take a while to rub in, this glides on effortlessly and you can literally do your whole body in 5 minutes. It dries, does not rub off and smells pleasant. The colour is great, does not stick in the pores on legs, and instead of coming off in orange clumpy patches like most tans, it just seems to wash off and fade out over 5-7 days. The key to this tan looking amazing is always prepping the skin, with plenty of moisturiser prior and exfoliating etc. Could not rate this highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Vanhusk

I love this fake tan. The mousse is in my opinion the best way of applying fake tan. The colour is always even and is so easy to apply, the only comparative product would be the ella bache even better tan. In comparison to the ella bache one this has a bit of a lighter colour, but lasts a lot longer, getting easily 5-7 days out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a game changer. I was using the Loreal Sublime mousse and it was delivering a color but didn't last. I am also disappointed in how sticky and smelly the bronzer is. So....I gave in, and spent the small fortune for this tanner.

It's Amazing. It's beautifully tinted. It's not orange, or sticky. It applies like a dream. I was super happy just after one application. The price.....which I paid $51CAD.....is a killer but its worth it because this is a nice long lasting product. This didn't go patchy on me, or streaky. It seems to be very user friendly.

I should have got the mit though, but I watched a girl on YouTube who said to use whitening toothpaste with your soap to wash your hands after. Worksl ike a charm. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by simplysassy54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really isn't a review. It is a question I am hoping one of you will answer. Hopefully really soon, too!

I have been using the Sublime Bronzer spray from L'Oreal for the past three years.
I am not happy with the results this summer.

I still have some left on my legs. Only so much will come off with exfoliating and all.

If and when I use this product on top of whatever might be left, the residue of the L'Oreal product, will it smooth/cover it up?

I really want to try this product, and I need to know what I should do.

thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarcookie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Id been having a hard time with different fake tans such as vita liberator, (to light),fake bake (was too difficult to apply caused streaks)..so i was on the hunt again and came accross st tropez as having heard great reviews online i decided to purchase from boots and also got the free applicator mitt which was a good deal :) anyway i showered, exfoliated a day in advance and applied in circular motions using the mitt ans waited 5 mins before getting dressed again, i waited a good 8-9 hours and went ahead and jumped in the shower, and was left with a beautiful natural tan i love it, the only bad thing is id like the colour to be abit darker, although another application will sort that out.
Its a great fake tan, no streaks and i love it so much because of how easy it is to apply with the colour guide, will definetly be stocking up on ebay ;) you can get some great deals on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by supragurl7

I've used about half of the bottle and have some knowledge of how best to use it. Before this product I've been using the Shiseido Bronzing Gel (several bottles) I decided to try St. Tropez because many people say good stuff about it. At first I didn't bother to use the mitt because I didn't want to hassle with washing it afterwards. The application was still fine. However, one day I decided to use the mitt and have never looked back. The application was so much FASTER and easier to spread! So you must use the mitt and wash it after with use. What I've come to learn is I can't put on more than 3 applications, the 4th application will make me look orange. I only use this products on the legs and my legs are really pale. It takes me 3 application on different days to achieve my desired color. Although, you can see color with just one application. I also learn that you must wash it off. I only use it after shower in the evening and then rinse it off in the morning. Before I didn't know, I would put lotion on my legs after 4 hrs, not a good idea. I was simply doing what I normally do when I use the Shiseido one. Before travel I would use St. Tropez and during travel to maintain the color I use Shiseido as the latter is easier to travel with since I can transfer to a small bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

I really love this product. If someone asked about my 10 favorite beauty products, this has got to be one of them-it's kind of a miracle product. When I use this, I exfoliate one day in advance, apply lotion to only knees, feet, ankles and elbows and smooth the mousse in with the applicator mitt (critical). It's easiest to sleep in it, then shower in the morning. I found no streaks or blotches whatsoever and am really happy with how it turned out. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Tashy1212

I have to say this bronzing mousse has proven to be quite the disappointment. I will use the remainder of the huge bottle I have, but will not be repurchasing. No matter how evenly I apply or how well I exfoliate, I am always left with flaky splotches on the creases of my mid arms. It ends up looking dirty so I scrub it away only to be left with paler middle inner arms and a circle where I scrubbed. I'll then apply a tiny bit more self tanner where I scrubbed to try to even everything out and the cycle starts all over again.

The color is natural on my medium-tan olive skin, but it's not buildable. I get about two shades darker and stay the same shade for a day. Second day I notice fading and by the third day it's almost completely gone. So, because this stuff is not cheap, the value of the product just is not there for me.

I am currently on the hunt for a nice self tanner that won't flake or fade unevenly. I am less about a super dark tan and more about a natural looking tan that won't drive me crazy when I don't apply it for a day. I don't like feeling bound to a tanning routine as I have with this. Will be giving it away once I've found a better replacement.