November 29, 2014 | 1531 users online

Bronzers - St.Tropez - Self Tan Bronzing Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Vanhusk

I love this fake tan. The mousse is in my opinion the best way of applying fake tan. The colour is always even and is so easy to apply, the only comparative product would be the ella bache even better tan. In comparison to the ella bache one this has a bit of a lighter colour, but lasts a lot longer, getting easily 5-7 days out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a game changer. I was using the Loreal Sublime mousse and it was delivering a color but didn't last. I am also disappointed in how sticky and smelly the bronzer is. So....I gave in, and spent the small fortune for this tanner.

It's Amazing. It's beautifully tinted. It's not orange, or sticky. It applies like a dream. I was super happy just after one application. The price.....which I paid $51CAD.....is a killer but its worth it because this is a nice long lasting product. This didn't go patchy on me, or streaky. It seems to be very user friendly.

I should have got the mit though, but I watched a girl on YouTube who said to use whitening toothpaste with your soap to wash your hands after. Worksl ike a charm. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by simplysassy54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really isn't a review. It is a question I am hoping one of you will answer. Hopefully really soon, too!

I have been using the Sublime Bronzer spray from L'Oreal for the past three years.
I am not happy with the results this summer.

I still have some left on my legs. Only so much will come off with exfoliating and all.

If and when I use this product on top of whatever might be left, the residue of the L'Oreal product, will it smooth/cover it up?

I really want to try this product, and I need to know what I should do.

thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarcookie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Id been having a hard time with different fake tans such as vita liberator, (to light),fake bake (was too difficult to apply caused streaks)..so i was on the hunt again and came accross st tropez as having heard great reviews online i decided to purchase from boots and also got the free applicator mitt which was a good deal :) anyway i showered, exfoliated a day in advance and applied in circular motions using the mitt ans waited 5 mins before getting dressed again, i waited a good 8-9 hours and went ahead and jumped in the shower, and was left with a beautiful natural tan i love it, the only bad thing is id like the colour to be abit darker, although another application will sort that out.
Its a great fake tan, no streaks and i love it so much because of how easy it is to apply with the colour guide, will definetly be stocking up on ebay ;) you can get some great deals on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by supragurl7

I've used about half of the bottle and have some knowledge of how best to use it. Before this product I've been using the Shiseido Bronzing Gel (several bottles) I decided to try St. Tropez because many people say good stuff about it. At first I didn't bother to use the mitt because I didn't want to hassle with washing it afterwards. The application was still fine. However, one day I decided to use the mitt and have never looked back. The application was so much FASTER and easier to spread! So you must use the mitt and wash it after with use. What I've come to learn is I can't put on more than 3 applications, the 4th application will make me look orange. I only use this products on the legs and my legs are really pale. It takes me 3 application on different days to achieve my desired color. Although, you can see color with just one application. I also learn that you must wash it off. I only use it after shower in the evening and then rinse it off in the morning. Before I didn't know, I would put lotion on my legs after 4 hrs, not a good idea. I was simply doing what I normally do when I use the Shiseido one. Before travel I would use St. Tropez and during travel to maintain the color I use Shiseido as the latter is easier to travel with since I can transfer to a small bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MacAddict0

I really love this product. If someone asked about my 10 favorite beauty products, this has got to be one of them-it's kind of a miracle product. When I use this, I exfoliate one day in advance, apply lotion to only knees, feet, ankles and elbows and smooth the mousse in with the applicator mitt (critical). It's easiest to sleep in it, then shower in the morning. I found no streaks or blotches whatsoever and am really happy with how it turned out. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Tashy1212

I have to say this bronzing mousse has proven to be quite the disappointment. I will use the remainder of the huge bottle I have, but will not be repurchasing. No matter how evenly I apply or how well I exfoliate, I am always left with flaky splotches on the creases of my mid arms. It ends up looking dirty so I scrub it away only to be left with paler middle inner arms and a circle where I scrubbed. I'll then apply a tiny bit more self tanner where I scrubbed to try to even everything out and the cycle starts all over again.

The color is natural on my medium-tan olive skin, but it's not buildable. I get about two shades darker and stay the same shade for a day. Second day I notice fading and by the third day it's almost completely gone. So, because this stuff is not cheap, the value of the product just is not there for me.

I am currently on the hunt for a nice self tanner that won't flake or fade unevenly. I am less about a super dark tan and more about a natural looking tan that won't drive me crazy when I don't apply it for a day. I don't like feeling bound to a tanning routine as I have with this. Will be giving it away once I've found a better replacement.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Beccac88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really funny skin when it comes to tan, over the years I've tried most tanning products on the market! I usually use the tropez bronzin mousse as its tinted and you can see exactly where your putting it! I find it easier to use latex gloves rather than a mit as I can get my tan more precise and blended in better! It gives me a nice glow and I tend to use it once before a night out! It is quite pricey as a small bottle is 20 and after one application I find it does rub off especially round where your shoes have been on a night out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

REVIEW UPDATES AT BOTTOM!

Firstly the Canadian markup for this product is ridiculous. It's $51.50 at Shoppers which is 20% more than the USD price.Glove is $8 vs $6.50 again 20% more.

Okay, my review.

COLOR: The color is good I am what I guess is NW20, maybe 25 in the summer (gleaned by google image searching NW 20/25) and this developed into a "more melanin" version of my skin. It didn't add an orange or yellow undertone.

APPLICATION: I suggest looking up offical St Tropez tutorials online. With the mitt it wasn't what I'd call hard, but there were definitely "oh cr*p! I f*d up!" moments. We're talking about my first time, so I fully assume it gets easier with practice.

SMELL: it smells. Period. That terrible suffocating self-tanning smell definitely developed on me after about an hour. I waited til 5.5 hours to shower it off -- I COULDNT TAKE IT -- but I'd hoped to last the full 8.

The thing is, I'm not sure how to mitigate The Smell. Applying before bed means my husband gets treated to a night of aroma I don't want to be associated with. Luckily I'm currently working at home so I suppose I could apply first thing in the morning? But then, you know, things can go a bit haywire if you sweat or it rains, and I live somewhere that rains a fair bit and is getting humid. Frankly, the amount of planning going into "not smelling" has, for the moment, made this a no-repurchase for me. I am thinking that maybe the mitt is the big sell, and the product is just average.

I will update this review after my next application, WHEN will that be?.

UPDATE:

I applied a second coat, this time before bed (husband's outta town woohoo). By morning the smell was definitely there, but this was a good way to avoid having to deal with it too much.
Right now I am starting my second day post-2nd application and there is some patchiness around my inner arms and elbows. This could be user error; I'm still trying to figure out how to best "fade" the product out on areas that would naturally be lighter.
Bottom line at this point: not a foolproof product, but I don't think I'm walking around looking ridiculous. Winning!

FINAL UPDATE:

I've changed my re-purchase response to yes. I applied to my arms with more confidence and the blending is seamless (takes a bit of getting used to - NBD). Do not expect an odor free product and be ready for some practice, and this is worth buying. I find the color a bit less natural than Vita Liberata (review to come) but am overall definitely pleased.

FINAL FINAL UPDATE:
Since using this regularly, I noticed the smell has basically gone away. And I don't think that's just me getting used to it. Perhaps my skin's pH adjusted to the DHA. Now when I use it, it's essentially undetectable. REJOICE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I'm a complete novice with self tanners so keep that in mind when you're reading this. I used a Jergens self tanner about six or seven years ago and other than that short stint I've just embraced my paleness year round. But lately I've gotten into powder bronzers for a little healthy color on my face so I thought I'd give a body tanner a try. I did a lot of research before purchasing and realized that I wanted a few very specific things before I'd take the plunge:

1. A formula that didn't require lots of rubbing in.
2. Quick drying time.
3. No funky smell.
4. A natural color that wouldn't translate as too dark or have any orange tone.
5. Instant color results since I don't want to mess with a gradual tanner.
6. An easy to fix factor in case I need to wipe off mistakes or work more color into too light areas.
7. A formula that's gentle on my super sensitive skin.

I've been using this for a little over a month and so far it's great. I exfoliate with a body scrub and use my Lubriderm body moisturizer beforehand, then I start at my feet and work my way up to my neck. I dispense a couple pumps into my hand and just sort of rub it in quickly like I would any moisturizer and because it deposits color right away its easy to see where I'm applying it. The mousse is really lightweight and spreads fast and evenly without a lot of fuss and sinks in almost immediately. I can apply it to my entire body in only a minute or two, and then I wash my hands right away. I let it dry for a couple minutes before I get dressed and I haven't had any issues with it transferring onto clothes or furniture or anything. My skin looks a shade or two deeper and very naturally sun kissed. I do have to go back once in awhile after applying and touch up a couple spots here and there but for the most part this works out so beautifully and evenly.

The day after I apply it I notice some fading when I shower but after that it wears about three more days before it disappears completely. So that's a good wear length for me since I don't want to commit to anything longer. It has a fragrance that smells somewhat perfumey at first but it's not offensive or overly strong and it fades after a few hours so I can live with it.

When I first starting using this I was so taken aback every time I glanced down at my arms or legs and saw golden tanned skin where there's usually ghostly paleness. I actually felt summery for the first time ever, it's a pretty nice feeling.

I never thought I'd get on board with self-tanners but this has converted me, at least for summertime. I really recommend it to anyone who's new at this, like me, or who's just looking for a quick and believable touch of color.