November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Hot Smudge Stunt Double

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Metay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my FAVORITE liner after trying many many brands. I have been so delighted with it. It works perfectly for me and I absolutley love both ends of the applicator: brush and smudger. Slim case fits easily in a little purse. I have very dry skin and for me it stays on perfectly plus this has been the only liner that has not dried up in the container including very pricey brands. Doesn't dry as quickly while applying and for me that is helpful to correct or smooth it out and create the exact line/look I want. This is the one Hard Candy product I truly LOVE and I didn't expect to at all having tried a chunk of the other products. The double color is certainly a bonus for the price but I would have been thrilled with only one color just to finally be happy with a liner. I plan to try the other color selections soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

I'm not surprised to see negative reviews on here, because honestly I didn't like this at first. It has a very nice cream formula, but the purple side seemed to be lacking and the brown side seemed iffy. After much trial and error with this product, I finally found how to use it and now I LOVE it! First off, the "Bedroom eye, smudged look" this product claims to give, is kinda false advertising because it just doesn't look good with these particular colors and with the applicator it gives, it's pretty much impossible to get that look. Also, the packaging isn't great because the plastic top comes of easily (Not unbearable, just a little frustrating)

What I like using these for, however, is simply just for lining. The brown color makes a GORGEOUS liner color for your upper and lower lash lines. The purple is great for a colored liner, and it pairs VERY well with MACs "Parfait Amour" eyeshadow. If you have this or if you are looking to purchase it, these are the ways I would use this product. I gave it a 4 because the product claims to do so much but is really only useful for this, but it succeeds so well as a liner that it deserves a higher score. One more thing, the smudge end of the applicator sucks but the angled liner brush works perfectly for applying this product as a liner. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMaven101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am also very surprised to see such horrible reviews of this product! I've tried rocker chick (dark teal and black) and stunt double (sheer purple and glittery brown) I am in love! The black and brown shades are very opaque and glide right on, the teal shade is slightly less opaque but still nice as long as you layer it. Now at first the purple seems like crap but I find it excellent as a base under my sheer purple shadows, really makes em pop without creasing.

They do not dry fast but nothing setting them with a translucent powder or eyeshadow cant fix.
They are extremely easy to smudge but the name is HOT SMUDGE...thats kinda the fricken point.

The brush is fabulous and is all I use to apply and smudge the liner/shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by prblms4loki

I'm surprised to see all negative reviews on this! I will be the first to admit it's not the best, but getting 2 cream liners in one package for $6 is pretty awesome in my book. I got the purple/brown and navy/brown combination. So this means I got two browns, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I use the brush that comes with it, and load it up with product. As long as you draw the line slowly, it remains true to shade and opaque. I do find that I have to let it fully dry before blinking, otherwise it does smear onto my upper eyelids. Compared with MAC's gel liners, this gives me a more opaque look but does not set immediately and permanently through out the day. It does not fade on my lash line but is noticeably smudged on my crease. I would not repurchase because I can never work through an entire case of liner, especially since I've barely made a smudge in all four of my shades and I've used them all multiple times. I don't think I'll ever need to repurchase lol.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by extermikate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh. I picked this up on a whim and I wish I hadn't wasted the $6. I got it in Rebel, which is a pretty shade of blue and a glittery white. The brush it comes with is the only redeeming feature - the brush part is decent enough and the smudger is great. The blue comes out extremely chalky and it turns into a hideous shade once it dries. The white isn't white at all, but clear, and the glitter looks totally cheap, kind of like glittery mascara from the dollar store. The blue looks a lot better with the glitter over it, but it's still not a great look.

The upside - it's not waterproof and rubs off almost as soon as you touch it, which is normally a bad thing but trust me, it's a good thing this time around.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Jent77

Ok, so the only reason I bought this was because that Musings of Muse person said that it worked and the picture she showed made the product look awesome. She said it took a while to dry, but this stuff NEVER dried, and came out sheer no matter how many layers I put on (difficult to layer as well). I really think this product is a joke, and I really can't understand why it is $6. It's just the worst eye makeup product, I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I so wanted to love this. I was so excited. Well, it was actually kind of sweating when I opened it up. I don't know, that was kind of weird. Either way, it mushed a lot, too much to even really apply nicely, I got almost no actual pigment, which was sad because the pretty colors were so tantalizing! Worst of all, after I worked so hard and finally got a little to show up on my lids, I wiped everything off in half a second without any hesitation. Like it would be downright irresponsible to try and wear this out of the house.