Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

3.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Bronze Powder (Ci 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Aluminum Powder (Ci 77000)

on 6/17/2015 1:38:00 AM

I loved how this eyeliner provided a pop of deep, beautiful colour, without being too pigmented. Also stayed on a long time.

Sadly, I had to throw it out due to an allergy, as much as I hated doing so. I have sensitive eyes and wear eye contacts. I noticed I would get eye infections once in a while. After narrowing it down, the cause of my eye infections was this eyeliner.

I can't recommend this to any women that have sensitive eyes. If it weren't for this issue, I would recommend this product. I hope Stila makes a hypoallergenic version of this eyeliner!

on 2/23/2015 5:01:00 AM

i really wanted to love this product and honestly it is fine for most looks but for some reason whenni use it to tight line my top lid it runs all down my face after an hour or so, i dont have any trouble with my bottom lid but it doesn't have great staying power there either so i won't be repurchasing

on 12/14/2014 3:00:00 PM

Very pigmented jet black color, which is nice. But it tugs a little when applied and it's not long-lasting at all. Transfers up into my browbone area pretty quickly. That's my biggest eyeliner-related pet peeve. I need my eyeliner to stay in place until I take it off at the end of the day.
This product does not meet my expectations, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/22/2014 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

this thing was so dry that it wouldn't work at all for me. No color will rub off. Waste.

on 7/18/2014 11:32:00 PM

Great product. I LOVE the packaging because I don't need to sharpen it. It is blacker than urban decay's black 24/7 eyeliner. It stays on the skin and does not budge. The only downside is the price and the fact that it doesn't stay on my waterline, it bleeds and then comes off completely. If Rimmel changed their packaging on their scandal eyes eyeliner I would grab that anytime before this because it works even better in the fact that it stays on the waterline, is very black and is way cheaper. But the sharpening is a huge pain because the liner "lead" itself breaks all the time and gets stuck in my sharpener.

on 7/14/2014 2:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in a set of I think 4 or 5 others from Ulta for $15 (!!!) and its regularly about $35. Great price, totally worth it.

Anyways, this a deep black. Its easy to apply (doesn't tug, glides) and takes a minute or two to set giving you time to smudge it. I usually just use it as a liner and don't smudge it, but I'm sure it gives you enough time to smudge before setting. Its quite resistant to water and tugging. Also, it lasts an entire school day without fading like a lot of other liners.

However, one little issue is that it transfers! It's not much of an issue for me because I do my makeup goth style (black eye-shadow all over lid) so its not noticeable. This means for all you that want to do natural looks with this, it'll be high maintenance and you'll have to fix it every few hours.

Overall, love it! Not sure if I'd buy it again out of the fabulous set but its been nice have.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For quite a long time, I was terrified of wearing black eyeliner for fear of the dreaded raccoon eyes. Although this was rather pricey ($20 for a skinny little stick-yikes!), I bought this in hopes that it would satisfy my eyeliner needs. I love the color stingray because it's the perfect warm, shimmery brown liner that pairs nicely with natural shadows. The color isn't flaky or smudgy, and is so easy to apply. However, if you want to thicken the line you just made, good luck with that. This liner sets/dries really fast.
Now that I'm perfectly comfortable with black liner, I like to use this lightly on my bottom lash line, or with very natural shadow. Overall, I love this liner. It's great for beginners or anyone who wants a little shimmer.

on 6/6/2014 5:46:00 PM

Black eyeliner is the one thing that i use every day so i've tried many brands of black eyeliner MAC, stila, chanel, Urban Decay, Benefit and this one is no better than the others, it does the job fine but i would still go back to MAC's black eyeliner pencil in engraved, just because its cheaper and lasts me longer and does everything the Stila does, or if i wanted another roll on eyeliner i would just go with MAC's roll on pencils which are about the same price as the stila's but i can B2M them. Stila does have some cool colors out right now for their roll on pencils (yellow, turquoise, and some other cool colors) but they run out kinda fast and im not sure if its just me but this black pencil starts to clump onto my eyelashes and i dont wear mascara so i know its the eyeliner and especially on my bottom lashes start to have eyeliner clumps so i'd rather just go back to the MAC pencil which didnt do that.

on 4/21/2014 12:18:00 AM

Just terrible. I used it once for family dinner, and after coming back it was ALL OVER MY EYELID like an eyeshadow. How embarrassing! My $5 liner is waaaay better than this overpriced crap.

on 3/29/2014 5:32:00 AM

The most horrible eyeliner I've ever bought. Every time I use it it smudges at the slightest touch and it clumps on my eyelashes very easily. It's also extremely difficult to remove it cos it runs and smudges all over my face before coming all off. Another irritating thing is that this eyeliner cause a stinging feeling in my eyes even after removed not sure if it's allergy or anything cos this has never happened before. Never never ever buying this again.