April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by llissie07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The most horrible eyeliner I've ever bought. Every time I use it it smudges at the slightest touch and it clumps on my eyelashes very easily. It's also extremely difficult to remove it cos it runs and smudges all over my face before coming all off. Another irritating thing is that this eyeliner cause a stinging feeling in my eyes even after removed not sure if it's allergy or anything cos this has never happened before. Never never ever buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Madamepraxis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is definitely waterproof and the color is great. However, I wear contacts and shortly after applying it to my waterline, my contacts dried out. They were covered in a thin film of black liner and it won't come off. I would say be careful using this is you wear contacts.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall I love this because it actually glides on my waterline with out a million swipes but it does smear in the corners of my eyes but I've realized less is more I use a very thin line and that helps a bit. The packaging on the other hand sucks! It will not roll down one bit and it takes forever to roll up but the fact it will apply easily out weights everything else so I will always repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by trishbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I do wear contacts and I bought this eyeliner specifically for my tight line. it works great, but the lasting power isn't very good. By the end of the day, I have eyeliner along the corners of my eyes and under my lash line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Very pigmented, but it tugs a little when applied and it's not long-lasting at all. Smudges up into my upper lids pretty quickly. That's my biggest eyeliner-related pet peeve. I need my eyeliner to stay in place until I take it off at the end of the day.
This product does not meet my expectations, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xXRawrOwO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product, I wasn't really sure with it; meaning that some people had bad reviews and some had great. When I first tried it, it was very pigmented, better than most that I've tried and had to re-apply many times; With this one, I didn't. The only part that I didn't quite like about it was, as somebody else said, it dried my eyes alot, so I had to use eye drops, also I recommend you wear this with a eye primer, because it can get very....smudgy if you don't. When I would happen to not wear primer, the product would smudge onto my crease when I blinked after a few hours. So those are the few down sides of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Despite what some of the other reviews on this product describe, I personally have not had any problems with this liner. It applies well for me in a nice thin line and stays put even through a busy work day (8-12 hours).

If it helps anyone decide, I don't have particularly oily or dry lids and I always use an eye primer (current favorite from Bare Minerals). I also don't usually have issues with most eye products smearing or smudging on me.

The color appears to be a pretty basic black on me, not super dark like UD Perversion but fairly pigmented.

I also find twist up eyeliners good for traveling or to keep in my purse / work bag since I don't need to also carry a sharpener. The only issues I've found with some of Stila's liners is that once you've twisted them up they don't necessarily retract.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Flowerbby

I wore this eyeliner to the gym and it stayed! I can wear this all day long on my water line and it doesnt budge, and usually eyeliner is running down my eyes right after I apply it. But there is a downside I gave it a four because it makes my eyes a little red so I use eye drops when I use this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bah. I got this as a GWP and I will be throwing it out. I love several of the smudge sticks but this one looks horrible on me and it smudges too much -- just looks messy and like a mistake, not intentional. I am very pale with yellow undertones (NC15) and no matter how sparingly I use this, it makes me look like a floozy. This dark cold gray (almost black) is so inky that it clashes with my blond hair and pale, warm skin. Makes me look sick and like I put it on when drunk. Not good! And the twist-up pencil means that it's never sharp - not good for a skinny pencil meant for precision lining. It also comes off really easily with water - it's not waterproof in the least. There are way better cheaper options at the drugstore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by product_junkie6

I got a free full size version of stingray from Sephora using my points. The colour and texture of this pencil is nice but by the end of the day I look like a raccoon!